What's new

General Hydroponics, 'Duo"

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
303 whats your starting pH? R/O or not? also what amounts are you mixing? I have a whole sheet on what blends will achieve what...

I find with the duo and R/O it sits perfect 5.5 for hydro, but for coco I would like a little higher ( not a coco master ) but I hear the 5.7-6.0 is good for coco, but i have also heard 5.5 in coco is fine?

yeah

Dr shroom that was me I was on my iPhone and tried To go to the next page and my fat fingers hit the no in the " did you find the post helpful". I couldnt figure out how to undo it. I do find your posts very helpful and again I am sorry.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Its all good, its happened before, it'll happen again. Its gonna take a lot of negatives to lower my rating (whatever thats worth).

I tend to call people on their shenanigans, so i get maybe 3-5% bad rep. The good far outweighs the bad, i just didnt see anything that could be considered 'not helpful', and ive been having a 'discussion' today about whether (most) humans have 8 or 10 fingers... wasnt sure if it had bled over from that...

[/tangent]

So... anyone got any pics of theses?
FloraDuo Bloom (0-4-2) sample
FloraDuo Bloom (1-5-4)

I would love to know how much NH4 they settled on.

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
Math aside :)
I'd like to hear some real feedback, and indepth from those who have switched from running the GH flora series to this.

TR

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Professor-Frink.jpg

Brace yourselves gentlemen. According to the gas chromatograph, the secret ingredient is... Love!?

Who's been screwing with this thing?
==========
Well they lowered the NH4 considerably (still too high for my blood).

NO3 4.95%
NH4 1.05%
4.71X

They also boosted the Ca slightly
N:Ca = 1 : 0.5
K:Ca:Mg = 10 : 3 : 1.6

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So... anyone got any pics of theses?

I would love to know how much NH4 they settled on.

damn, just threw the sample ( promo ) pics away a couple days ago,

thing I have against the product is the low Mg, I am no cocomaster, I haven't even run the recommended settings as I think I would run into Mg problems very fast, I add some epsoms every other feeding just a dibble or dabble to up the Mg content..

here is a shot of some clones in coco, never ran coco and never ran salts before.. only problem I said before is I fed them .5 EC when transplanted and they wanted more, so I upped to 1.0 EC.. this stuff seems so simple ..

I also have some bonsai moms being fed 1.0-1.1 EC that seem to like it also..

here are some recipes I am feeding, and then I tone it down to the EC I want adding water to dilute..

5A / 9B = 108 - 62 - 173 - 27 Mg - 85 Ca
5A / 8B = 105 - 55 - 162 - 27 - 75
8A / 9B = 155 - 62 - 221 - 41 - 85

I have a bunch more made up ones, but thought they fit more to soil grows, but would love to see what others are thinking there gonna run the nutes at, as the above is working for me, could it be better, who knows, as I know to little about nutes right now

also, as for the ammonia N, I think it would run great hydro nute with a bio filter, as I think microbes like the ammonia N as in fish poo ??? please correct me if I'm wrong