What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gelato 33 vs Ice Cream Cake

furrywall11

if I were to topfeed feed them 150ml of 1.2 EC PH 5.6 nutrient solution the tips of the leaves would turn brown and then they would DEFINITELY be nute locked.

I would love it if people picked apart and squabbled over what I'm about to say but so far I've found that 150ml of 0.6 EC 5.6 PH nutrient solution topfed about once every 24 hours (just Floranova Grow 1 part nutrient) is the amount that keeps them green and growing with just the barest smallest twinkle of an indication of nutrient burn on the tips of the leaves which lets me know they're pushed to their limit.

One thing I've found to be very important is the amount of nutrient solution I feed them......if I were to take it down to 0.3 EC and give them 450ml topfed I'm pretty sure they would start burning and locking out again.

I swear, these plants are like little tiny orangutans that need to be cradled and bottle fed just the right amount or they flip out. So far, I'd say about %50-%70 of my Ice Cream cakes have stabilized, turned green and started putting out healthy green leaf sets.

This girl is not one for the easy list.

I'm thinking about doing an Epsom salt top feeding......anyone have input on amounts and top feed vs. foliar?

OH yeah, also, I forgot to mention in my previous posts that the weather in my room is a very steady 42% RH and 74F.....I've been reading about ideal RH levels for veg and now I'm experimenting with an Ideal Air humidifier bringing the RH up to %55-%60 during lights on (19 hours) and turning it off during the lights off.

As always, all thoughtful input and more than happily welcome

JetLife175

Veteran
if I were to topfeed feed them 150ml of 1.2 EC PH 5.6 nutrient solution the tips of the leaves would turn brown and then they would DEFINITELY be nute locked.

I would love it if people picked apart and squabbled over what I'm about to say but so far I've found that 150ml of 0.6 EC 5.6 PH nutrient solution topfed about once every 24 hours (just Floranova Grow 1 part nutrient) is the amount that keeps them green and growing with just the barest smallest twinkle of an indication of nutrient burn on the tips of the leaves which lets me know they're pushed to their limit.

One thing I've found to be very important is the amount of nutrient solution I feed them......if I were to take it down to 0.3 EC and give them 450ml topfed I'm pretty sure they would start burning and locking out again.

I swear, these plants are like little tiny orangutans that need to be cradled and bottle fed just the right amount or they flip out. So far, I'd say about %50-%70 of my Ice Cream cakes have stabilized, turned green and started putting out healthy green leaf sets.

This girl is not one for the easy list.

I'm thinking about doing an Epsom salt top feeding......anyone have input on amounts and top feed vs. foliar?

OH yeah, also, I forgot to mention in my previous posts that the weather in my room is a very steady 42% RH and 74F.....I've been reading about ideal RH levels for veg and now I'm experimenting with an Ideal Air humidifier bringing the RH up to %55-%60 during lights on (19 hours) and turning it off during the lights off.

As always, all thoughtful input and more than happily welcome

Are you experiencing any sort of lockout at all?

From all your posts in this thread the only thing I can think of is that you have some buildup in your cubes perhaps. Have you given them a flush at any point and time? I was just going through a similar situation with my gelato cut and a solid flush seemed to do the trick.

furrywall11

if I flush them it'll take them 4-5 days to dry out before I can feed them again which aggravates any nutrient deficiencies they have.........has that been your experience too or do you have any thoughts on that? thanks mang

btw, I'm in rockwool

Last edited:

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would take a reading of the runoff - ec and ph. I'd start there. I use coco, so my theory may differ from one using rockwool, but anyway, when I consistently feed without sometimes using plain water, it'll cause a nute buildup, which in turn will cause burned tips. Later on in flower, I bump up the ph to 6.1 - 6.3. I'd definitely take a reading of the runoff, though.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Next time you feed/flush, take a reading of the ec & ph. That should give you a clue what to do next.
(This is a "double post". Didn't think the previous one went thru)

3snowboards

Ive been growing a gelato 33 bagseed outside
Turned out to be a female...woot
I started this plant later then my other plants and did a late transplant into a spot where i tore out a tomato but she still put out some big colas
I did some fast dry tester nugs from lower and shes all about cookies, which i hope holds up thru cure
Being grown in reused ocean forest
I feed lightly with Neptunes fish fert and a little of this and a little that
PH of everything like 5.8-6.2
picture.php

6.12 There she is at the bottom
picture.php

7.24 filling in the space
picture.php

9.12 no balls
picture.php

9.27 stacking up
picture.php