What's new

GDP S1 Germination Rates?

Hey everyone. I was wondering if any one was having problems with popping these? I just put 2 of the GDP S1s and 2 of the Grandoggy fems at the same time about a week or so ago. The 2 grandoggies came up about 4 days later and now they are off and running. On the other hand both of the GDP S1s never came up for me. It's been a week now and I dug out the seeds and they had never even cracked open or anything . I have always just put the seeds into my medium and just let mother nature do its thing usually with no problems and thats how I do it. I have heard of people scuffing or scratching seeds to help them open more easy but I have never tried that. Since the first 2 didn't go I went ahead and I'm trying 2 more with hopes they will come up as I only have one left. I was planning on doing a grow journal on both of these just as soon as I can and I will when things get going along a little further. I have already run the grandoggy before and loved it thats why its in the mix again. I really wanted just the pure granddaddy purple to go along with it this time as well.Any and all help is appreciated thanks.

gekolite

i bought a pack of 5,and 4 geminated in a mutated way and would not grow, one did not germinate at all ,,these seeds are a pure rip off, i posted this in this forum and was read by a coonno rep, it was like they did not care,, for this reason alone tells me this is a rip off seed company, pure greed ,, this is a bad karma seed co.

OreoGrows

I would have to disagree with the bad seed company bit even though I too had trouble with their seeds. One of five came up but it was perfectly healthy til mites got to me. Anyways I had put mine in the freezer and the general consensus was that killed the seeds, even though I had twenty bubble haze seeds in there that spend months longer and they all popped. I don't think that makes them a bad seed company. You take 5 s1 seeds that's not a great sampling and s1s have inherent issues.

diseasedmind

I had 5 of 5 pop with 1 mutant, about to flip all 5 in a few days. Interested to see what happens with the mutant one, it is growing really weird.

gekolite

seeds

seeds

i am here to grow, if they want to experiment let the seed co. do it themselves. when i buy something in a retail situation i expect the product to perform as advertised, they never said your seeds would not grow, they implied they would grow. so in a retail situation i expect a refund or have the product replaced. i payed money for a faulty product which is a rip off. I have sprouted 100's of s1s and have never had an experience like this. this is a rip off seed co. period.

W

Womble

you honestly think that anyone at CSG is gonna look after you after this little outburst gekolite?.....you'll get nish assistance shouting your trap off in this manner.

Sorry everyone I didn't want this to go in this direction. I was just wondering how everyone else is getting them to pop? I had high hopes for these because I just love me some grandaddy purple.Does everyone else go straight into the ground or into water or paper towels to get them to germ ? I just want them to sprout for me thats all :biggrin:. This could possibly be the way I germ which I usually have no issues with or possibly some bad or old seeds maybe? I had no issues with the grandoggies that I planted at the same time and they are almost 2 weeks old now . So far I havn't seen anything going on with the other 2 that I planted as of yet either. Fingers are crossed and I'm hoping they will germ for me this time. The seeds looked real healthy if anything I thouth the doggies wouldn't germ because there so small. I thought that the first time I grew them also but they came up in four days no problems at all. I bought the GDP S1 seeds in May of 2012 off the Bay. I think they were a relist when I got them. That's the reason I jumped on them I knew they were hard to come by and have not seen any more since the 420 fund auctions. I bought the grandoggies just before this a few months earlier but it doesn't show when I bought them anymore for some reason.
IMAG0616.jpg

IMAG0617.jpg

I am hoping this will stay friendly so we can all figure out what can be done about possible germination issues. Peace and happy growing.

diseasedmind

I was just wondering how everyone else is getting them to pop?

I flipped over a root riot, pinched a little off the top, placed the seed into the hole, all 5 came up no problem. I think you might have got old/poorly stored seeds.

sith44

Ours went straight into a paper towel. Again, no problem with germination at all. I'm sorry the upset poster above didn't get his to germ, but shit happens mang.....it sucks.

gekolite

wombie , mind your own bussiness, was i adressing you,? i tried to get asssistance to no avail, this is a greed based seed co. they are no good .

T

Tjsleaf_1817

I bought a pack of these and after hell and back lol,, I have one actually really good lookin plant 3 wks into flower. One didnt sprout 3 wer mutants and I have one nice looking plant. But Ive posted before these are the slowest vegging plants in the world, I popped two clones and they rooted so hopefully wnt veg so slow this time round if I even run them lol. We will have to so how this turns out. Ill post pics tmmrw.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
OJD and True are/have been busy as frack for the last little bit...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=260055
I've never known either of these blokes to scam people's money with providing shoddy genetics, their forum here is filled with great threads of pure dankness, I'm sure that one of these standup guys will get back to you about any germ issues with any of their genetics in the very near future.
:gday:

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've grown chem og and chemy jones they are both great,people pass up my mango haze for that shit...

W

Womble

wombie , mind your own bussiness, was i adressing you,? i tried to get asssistance to no avail, this is a greed based seed co. they are no good .

lol.....Like I give a fucking monkey's about your shit

Well I'm 0-4 with my GDP S1s in the dirt method :frown:. I usually don't have many issues with this method. I have been doing it the same way for over 10 yrs now. I know there are always some that are not going to sprout and I'm ok with that . Its all part of the nature of the game, you win some lose some. I don't know if maybe my seeds are old,bad or just hard to crack but they gave me no love at all unfortunately. On a good note the 2 Grandoggies I planted at the same time the first go around are doing really good. I was planning on doing a dual grow journal on them both but now just the doggies are going to be in the show now. I thought I would just give my results with these and my method of germination because I really had high hopes for them and was looking forward to some pure grandaddy purple in seed form. Thanks and happy growing.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey 4smokazonly

sorry for the late reply

been a very busy time and ive not been posting much

im out of stock of the gdp s1 and wont have any ready untill end of july
if you can hold out till then il send a replacement pack
or i can send you a diferent variety(gdp hybrid) as a replacemnt if your in a rush

purple cheddar or grandoggy purp

let me know what you want to do
peace