What's new

GDP in Hydro Hut 600 Watt HPS Coco

Lebniis

Well, I think I can say 100% my silver edition hydro hut isn't off-gassing :dance013:

That being out of the way here is my personal medical garden. I'm a lover of indica dominant strains. I've found they work best for constant pain and discomfort. In my experience GDP has been great in relaxing my body.

Hydro Hut 2'x4' (which I'm happy with and will answer any questions about)
4" exhaust fan
Air Cooled Super Sun 2
Roots Organic Coco (No amendments)
Phresh Filter
6 GDP Clones

I'm using my tap water (200 ppm & 7.5 ph)

Veg: 400 watt MH

I chose to veg in 3" pots to start
Botanicare Pro Grow Soil/Coco
Cal/Mag
Flush with Clearex when needed

Flower: 600 Watt HPS

2 Gallon pots
Botanicare Pro Bloom Soil/Coco
Cal/Mag
Pure Flower (I'd like to go without it-still to be decided)
Purple Max
Flush with Clearex when needed

I am nervous about coco and cal/mag problems so I wouldn't be surprised if I run into problems. However, I'm trying to take what I have learned from this site and past grows to really produce some dank.

My only problem so far during their first week (you'll notice in the pictures) is that the stems have gone from sexy green to dark purple. I'm pretty sure this is from it being less than 70 degrees.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
hey hows it goin man...nice lil setup. Did u say u were using your water @ 7.5 ph or just giving the info on your water with the ppm and ph. If not then thats more than likely why your plants are turnin color. Take care and good vibez!

Lebniis

Respect for your advice, but no that is just my out-of-the-tap water. I use Ph down to get it between 5.5-6.5 (maybe this is too wide of a range). I think the purple stems is from the first few days after transplant my temps were below 70. Anyways, thanks for posting guys!

Lebniis

Hey, your first post in my thread, I'm honored. Thanks for your advice I'll look into it.

Strawberry Cough Jolly Rancher Butane Extract
picture.php

Lebniis

In this last picture ^^ you can see that tiny bit of leaf burn. I tested the run off of the plant and it came to a Ph of 7.18... I think this is too high, especially in coco. The Ph of the coco must be higher then this to bring the Ph of the nutrient solution from 6.5 to 7.18. The PPM of the runoff seems fine.

What I don't understand is how if I water with a nutrient solution Ph of 6.5 every time, how the Ph is rising back to above 7. Also, will I see ill effects in the long run if the runoff of the other plants tests between 6.9-7

The plants are topped, except for the one runt.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey bro plants looks good , i don't think is big problem for now this little burn in the end of leaves , sure better you watch closely and check the ph but still good , i'm tuned!!

Lebniis

Nirvana genetics on deck so many strains can't decide whats next. ANY OPINIONS ON NIRVANA GENETICS????

Flipped to 12/12. I'm thinking that in flower they are going to blow up and fill the tent- better to get them going sooner.

Lebniis

Some sort of problem going on. Any one out there viewing have a little advice? All I can think to do is flush like hell and water with bloom nutes? Is this correct?

picture.php

picture.php

Bent many stems to try and get more main branches. One plant remains untopped, I wanted to see how it'd turn out compared to the rest.
picture.php

phattybudz

Hey Leb,

IMO, you should try watering at around 5.8-6.0...you will definitely run into some lock-out at 6.5-7.0 in coco.

Good luck! I'm tuned in, I love GDP too but I'm too paranoid about mites to pick up another cutting from anywhere.

Lebniis

Thanks for posting :)

Definitely pissed I picked this clone up. Carried me home some spider mites! yay! Anyways I'll rock it out, they can't stop me ;) No more cuttings from others for me either.

My Ph is down to 6.0 for the past few days but the brown spotting/edges yellowing hasn't slowed. Any help?

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey mate very great setup and nice genetic i think, i never grow or smok the gdp but i read many good comment about so i'm curious man, i'm tuned!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts