What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GDP Haze Test Grow

woolybear

Veteran
Post x-fer update!

The plants have definitely perked up since being transplanted. I have them in 'enhanced veg' now; half of the day in the LED tent, other half under a T-5. I hope they start showing sex soon!

picture.php

overhead view. the big plant is a dansk diesel.

picture.php

Under the rigged T5.

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
Journal Entry:

Rearranged the flower tent a bit to make room. FIM/topped all the GDPs, transplanted the remaining 3 plants into roots pots. Tent shot:

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
Quick update: I have 2 showing female preflowers (single pistil pops) and one possible male. The male candidate looks like he has some balls on shafts, as opposed to the pistil sack. This leaves 6 yet to show sex.

This will be a somewhat wierd grow as about 3 of the plants were transplanted later than the rest due to space.

As far as other herb, I just got 2/2 girls in my Kali Most 2011 grow, and my Bobblebeans Sour Bubble x Grape Skunks are beautiful plants. I will make a new thread for the SBxGS once I confirm sex.

edit: it looks like these plants are possible heavy feeders? One of the fems looks like it can use more juice. I've been feeding at around 800ppm, will try bumping to around 1000ppm.

woolybear

Veteran
Text update:

The girls have been in mostly stasis since the last update as I had to leave the growroom for a minute or so.

As such they are a bit lanky yet squat. Will update with pics soon.

I am putting all of them into flowering, mark today as the day, woot!

Have not taken any cuts off of these. Am hoping they put in a bit of stretch during flower.

Sweet!

woolybear

Veteran
Day 7 Flowering

Day 7 Flowering

Hi folks, time for an update!

Looks like we have 4 females and 5 males. All the males have been culled except for this one, who I am growing out for pollen. Ignore the words in the picture, they are incorrect:

picture.php

One of the females is noticeably less stretchy than the others, I'm calling this one the gdp pheno:

picture.php

another shot:
picture.php

side:
picture.php

Then we have two other lanky girls, the hazier side. Not much to see here:

picture.php

picture.php

There ya go! :thank you:

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
haze #4 is the one...that looks IDENTICAL to my hazy lady. Check my thread wooly,u will see her in full bloom. All your plants look superb,nice and green! Gr8 job man....oh ya,that short pheno u have(gdp pheno?) that looks like my gdp pheno. I would not even say its gdp on my end. Mine just smells nice and has a few colors coming out and thats without dropping the night temps. Seems all phenos may color up on ya a little,the hazy one will def color up nicely if u let her go that long and flush her hard. Good luck

woolybear

Veteran
Day 21-ish

Day 21-ish

haze #4 is the one...that looks IDENTICAL to my hazy lady. Check my thread wooly,u will see her in full bloom. All your plants look superb,nice and green! Gr8 job man....oh ya,that short pheno u have(gdp pheno?) that looks like my gdp pheno. I would not even say its gdp on my end. Mine just smells nice and has a few colors coming out and thats without dropping the night temps. Seems all phenos may color up on ya a little,the hazy one will def color up nicely if u let her go that long and flush her hard. Good luck

Nice! In the photos GDP #4 was misnumbered, should be #7. I've never had any real GDP, although its not surprising to hear that it didn't come out quite GDP-like... genetics are tricky! :)

Here's GDP #8, the GDP dom. Note that the top fan leave stems have turned a nice shade of red.

picture.php

picture.php

And the rest... I moved all 4 GDPs under the sweet spot of my LED lamp, get some power in there!

They are starting to get a bit leggy, especially #9. Haven't done any training yet, might have cage 'em up soon!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

R3ZNH3AD

What are the smell's like on the GDP pheno... Do any smell fruity, grapey, ect... Can any one give me an idea what her essence smells like:biggrin:

Peace

REZN

woolybear

Veteran
Day 32ish update

Day 32ish update

Hi Icmag,

I didn't take good records with the flowering times. Figure 20-32 days? Heh

#6, the GDP Dom. Candy smell, red petioles:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#7, Hazey young greeny:

picture.php

#8, Three limber:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#9, The monster:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

There we go!

woolybear

Veteran
Things are chuggin' along... #6 is coloring up nicely!

Unfortunately I lost my cuts of all of the girls.... was prolly b/c I used recycled perlite, duh!

Only fresh perlite for cloning folks!

Any idea how long GDP flowers for? #6 is looking like it may come down soon.

Will hopefully attempt a reveg!

Also, note to self: WRITE THE DATE OF FLOWERING SOMEWHERE! HEHEHEH time to check trichs!

Will report on the smells on the morrowish....

woolybear

Veteran
any new pics?

Thanks for stopping by! Will take pics of the girls this weekend. Am going to focus on nug shots instead of whole plant pics.

I could redo this grow, I would've loved to have been able to veg the plants under LEDs. Unfortunately some RL issues led this project astray a wee bit, we're back ok now.

#6 and #8 are fattening and coloring up nicely. #9 is the big one. They are sharing the tent with 2 Kali Most and 2 SB x Grape Skunk plants.

I was wondering about GDP flower time as #6 and #7's leaves are coloring/yellowing up. I think in #7s case it might've been a nute issue.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Things are chuggin' along... #6 is coloring up nicely!

Unfortunately I lost my cuts of all of the girls.... was prolly b/c I used recycled perlite, duh!

Only fresh perlite for cloning folks!

Any idea how long GDP flowers for? #6 is looking like it may come down soon.

Will hopefully attempt a reveg!

Also, note to self: WRITE THE DATE OF FLOWERING SOMEWHERE! HEHEHEH time to check trichs!

Will report on the smells on the morrowish....

i brought mine down around 60-70 days...#6 looks most like my gdp pheno too. One of your hazy ones also is similar to mine. #7 i think. The gdp phenos will definitely finish quiker...I have a few goin right now that are 6 wks in under a 1k and lookin great! if u dont mind ill drop a pic or two soon? the smells are rotten/musty fruit with some sour undertones. but the smoke is grapey tasting Very frosty & dense too ;) Good vibez Wooly !

woolybear

Veteran
Big Update

Big Update

Feel free to add pics icmaggers!

#6 - Trichomes are 75% cloudy, 20% clear, 5% amber. Developing purple sugar crust on leafs. Very colorful, a good amount of purple calxys are developing. Smell is purple jolly rancher hard candy. No skunk, no diesel, no funk bor sour or stink!

Foliage has begun turning colors. Chunky healthy buds, the biggest of the lot - just the right size! =D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#7 - Trichomes are cloudy/clear. This plant is just about exactly like #6, just a week or so behind.

picture.php

picture.php

#8 - The runt! Nothing much to see here, moving along...

picture.php

#9 - Trichomes are 75% cloudy, 20% clear 5% amber. This plant is neon green, no purps or other color. Smell is like sour apple hard candy - not a 'sour' smell, but sweet. Noticeably resinous/sticky. Very healthy foliage.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
Nice work Wooly. Should be some awesome smoke amigo.

And we'll be tasting that smoke sooner than expected... chopped the runt #8 today, as it was telling me it was done... leaves turning yellow and shrinking.... checked the trichs, they're 50% amber....

chop!

Small yield from #8, 100% due to some environmental snags. Not sure if it will reveg, going to try!

woolybear

Veteran
Day 57, #6

Day 57, #6

We're down to 3 plants now. Here's pics of #6. The leaves are turning colors just like in the fancy pictures! =D

picture.php

picture.php

Hope these pics help sell some beans!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts