What's new

GDP 4K 3G FTW NR GH 0-6-9

Whoo that was a tough run! Fought the powdery mildew from early veg, took the girls to 62-63 days, harvest went well with the exception of flakes not showing up to help. 4 to 6 pounds is about my personal max for trimming by myself,. I go crazy.

The buds are awesome, VERY purple with zero larf/fluff.

It's hard to judge weight while it's hanging, but I feel that I did very well. I MAY have hit my mark of 1.5lbs per light.

We'll see.

Attachments

• final harvest.JPG
    final harvest.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 14

U4EA

Awesome job. Can you get some closer pics?

PS - You should seriously consider a pair of these...

Here's a couple close-ups.

Please keep in mind I harvested quickly, with a rough trim so I could get the plants cut and hanging with good air flow.

I will go back and do a meticulous final trim, but these pics do show the buds and the color and the Frostiness, Oh the Frostiness!

Attachments

• purple1.JPG
    purple1.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 15
  • purple2.JPG
    purple2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 18
Now that I'm running multiple rooms, I'm either going to buy/rent a trimmer machine, or I'm hiring trimmers to come and bang things out in a day. I always have at least 10 lights running at any given time, and I'm about maxxed out doing it all by myself.

BUT, this is what I do, I moan and whine, but it's still way better than some lame job grind.

I'm going to run with this strain for a while I think. It purples up really well, yield is decent. I think I can dial this strain in to yield even better.

EZ cloner is full of rooted GDP clones, this room will be back up and running in a week.

When I get my veg room finished things will be even more efficient.

Boy, everything sure does shrink up once dry!

I final trimmed all these small dried buds, all totally killer, but I'm thinking FAIL, I'm not going to improve on yield at all.

I hit my usual crappy mark of 1 pound per light. I was really hoping for more.

My other room is full of this same strain. If I don't do better there I'm going to seek out a better yielding strain.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Yeah, I hate trimming. I usually have help, but then I'm paying them, and no one ever seems to trim exactly how I want them to, so I always end up trimming the majority of it all.
It's hard to sit across from someone molesting your life's work, while having to pay them as well.
Same reason I don't have partners, I can't completely depend on anyone but myself. It gets tedious when you do it 10-12 times a year too! OH it Hurts So Good!

This seems to be a common thing. The only partners i ever had in this biz did not care nearly as much, and were totally undependable, I severed the partnership quick.

I love the denseness of the gdp and you did a great job with it. well done!

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
buds look sweet man, i have a very close setup to yours 8x8 room 4k watts but i'm flowering in 5 gallons with pro mix. i'm hoping i can do as well as you a p a light still isn't too shabby, who wouldn't want 1.5 or 2 though :joint:

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Great thread!

Is that the Kens GDP cut?

How much you usually pull outta that room?

I did the same thing going from powder Koolbloom to trying Hydroplex i got as freebies, i just finished that grow and had good results, i'd like to start using the Hydroplex for all my rooms now, i liked it better than the KB powder

i dont know if its better, but i prefer liquid nutes and it does have more "extras", not just a PK booster

Thanks very much!

I'm not sure of the cut, I traded cuttings for the use of my EZ cloner afterwards.

I've always gotten 1 lb per light in this room, with many different strains. I just haven't found the strain that yields really well that I can run with. I'm going to try to fine tune this GDP though, I think I can increase yields. I have another room full of this that I hope will do better.
I've been using GH 0-6-9 and it's made things easy, fill res, toss in nutes, check PH, water. Never check PPM's, never have buildups (I usually give a 1/10 strength watering every 10 days or so). These plants I fought with PM from veg through flowering, and I took the fan leaves at day 30 to gain air flow, so IMO these plants didn't yield what they're capable of-all smaller buds. Still very nice and dense though.
Definitely some of the smoothest, tastiest smoke I've grown.

Hydroplex seemed OK, buds didn't swell a lot towards the end, but again, the plants weren't perfect. I took them at day 62, they probably would have fattened up in another week, but I was worried about PM. My fight with PM was succesful, ZERO loss to PM.

I may try the next run in soil, not sure just yet.

Thanks again for the compliments.

Puff.

Very Nice!!!

I have another room full of this same strain that I hope to do much better with. Hopefully they will look as good as yours.

I know I didn't do too badly, quality is A+ and 1 per is what I've always gotten with whatever strain I run in this room. Until now I wasn't able to perpetuate anything, so I went on the hunt for clones once the cycle was finished. That sucked.

Now that I've run a cycle with this strain, I know a little more about it, and I filled my new room with clones from the plants in this room.
Thanks to Spleebale for the thread on root aphids/Imid, and Krunchbubble for the thread on PM/Eagle-20, and Floromite, these plants in my new room are 100% healthy and really kicking ass.

The internodal distance on the plants in this room was big, and kept the nugs from joining up.
The new plant's internodal distance is really tight, and I think the nugs and colas will be much bigger, so I hope both quality and yield will be better.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
The buds are very dense. Nugg rocks. It doesnt take much to make some weight. An easy LB under a 1K light.And, It is Top Quality bud. Heres one just as it was starting to change colors
picture.php

It looks like we have the same cut.

I grew GDP from another source that grew differently, different bud structure, more bulbous like cotton candy. It had a grapier smell, this cut smells good but has an evil killer aroma when squished or broken apart. The trim smelled awesome!
My buds looked identical to yours, definitely the most crystal laden strain I've run. Buds dry rock hard. Very Nice.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Dude, We are growing the same plant. Congrats! You have the real McCoy. If you run it to about 65 days , the canibinoids are unreal. Total couch lock. VERY strong. Very Strong flavor. Wonderful flavor. Dont let that clone go Bro!
picture.php