What's new

GCG and Boobs's 2012 NorCal Organic Outdoor: The Foothill Fetish

@bob - Thank you, we enjoy your thread very much!

@organicbuds - Yes, light dep.

@notorious - Fencing for deer.

@eko - #9 with the poison og mother. We are happy with the microbulator for now and will work on designing our own, based on these methods in our down time. Remember, our goal doesn't necessarily reflect a large bank roll.

@everyone else - TY for the compliments, should get a bit more exciting soon.

talktosamson

Veteran
Gold you put straw on top of your pots to protect roots from heat? Great looking grow, envious of your romulin and lavender plants. Love both those strains but could not wrangle them up this year! I enjoy watching grows with a lot of variety. of 18 smarties I think I am running 11 different strains this year.

Gold you put straw on top of your pots to protect roots from heat? Great looking grow, envious of your romulin and lavender plants. Love both those strains but could not wrangle them up this year! I enjoy watching grows with a lot of variety. of 18 smarties I think I am running 11 different strains this year.

To keep them cool and to keep the top layer at a similar level of saturation to the rest of the pot.

The romulan and lavender are new to us, granted they turn out well, I don't see any reason they wouldn't find way to your garden next round.

TY for the compliments. I enjoy your thread and I'm sure I'll be posting in it sooner than later.

E

ekomsi

I almost got the oggth #9 then I read #1 was the highest rated thc strain on earth. I dont care if its true or not I just want a super strong and frosty sativa dominant strain in my garden.

Yeah your drawing basically looks like a vortex brewer but I didnt really pay much attention to what the guy at the expo was selling or how it works. If I lived in a state that I could grow some huge ass trees outside like you guys I would have been more interested in it. I was just throwing it out there.

I like to buy the professional designed equipment. I have built all kinds of things but because of warranties and the crop I grow, the equipment will be paid for in no time ;)

Good luck you two keep working hard I bet it will pay off.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
that's basically what you're talking about right? I'm surprised you could make one for around $300 the air pump required to circulate the tea for something that size seems like it would have to be fairly hefty...Like I said above, the microbulator's rate of flow is around 6 gallons per minute, that is about 10% of the total volume...So...the entire tea has theoretically been cycled in 10 minutes...I'm kind of questioning that you could even get a several hundred gallon vortex tank for under $300.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, nice to see y'all here. :thank you:

Yup, that is the design. Once I get on my main computer I will post more pics. The air pump I got was for up to a 50 gal air lift, and cost around 80$. Then the tank was around 230 if I remember correctly after shipping. Then the PVC I had laying around for the most part. So maybe a hair over 300$ but not more than $400. I am sure you are fine with the brewer you have, just don't spend thousands of dollars on a "Vortex tm" brewer.

Edit: you are right, I am talking about a 15 gal brewer. However I think the 300 gal was around 500$. Then maybe add another air lift with same pump or pump one step up. Maybe 700 total.

talktosamson

Veteran
To keep them cool and to keep the top layer at a similar level of saturation to the rest of the pot.

The romulan and lavender are new to us, granted they turn out well, I don't see any reason they wouldn't find way to your garden next round.

TY for the compliments. I enjoy your thread and I'm sure I'll be posting in it sooner than later.

Thanks man, granted both strains are available in seed form but clones are just the way I roll. So Test away, stoked to see a GSC out there as well. Amazing how a tiny clone can turn into a shrub by harvests end. I have a wee Sour bubble x Chem Dawg that my wife laughs at because shes so small.

Thanks man, granted both strains are available in seed form but clones are just the way I roll. So Test away, stoked to see a GSC out there as well. Amazing how a tiny clone can turn into a shrub by harvests end. I have a wee Sour bubble x Chem Dawg that my wife laughs at because shes so small.

I understand, I was suggesting you would be able to get the clones in one way or another.

I also have a small wee bro...... :comfort:

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
108th reply

108th reply

music... http://youtu.be/e390BV7_oQA

Locke: "Remind me why we're keeping him alive?"
Sayid:" What do you suggest we do ...shoot him like a dog?"
Locke: "No... I like dogs."

...the male Ghost Train Haze has been killed, it showed us it's true self and went hermaphroditic as did several other GTH's which were thought to be females...high rate of hermaphrodites paired with them being troublesome the entire time has left us unimpressed and disappointed. There are still six 'females' left, we'll see how they turn out (either way, not a strain we'll be keeping around)... here's a picture of one, I'm currently bringing them in/out at 8am/8pm.

iIMRWh.jpg

We still have the seed run from Ganja Rebel Seeds going on, so we'll get some great males out of that, also doing some afghani landrace seeds so those will make for some cool projects down the line too.

Here's the list of strains we ended up with:

Ken's GDP
unknown GDP
Bubba Kush
Hindu Kush
ECSD
Romulan
Blue Dream
Bubba OG
Sensei Star
MLI
Bluebonic
Ghost Train Haze
Sour Diesel
Fire OG
Lavender
Platinum
Flo
GS Cookies
The White
Ghost OG
5G Yellow
DSD f2
DSD x OG/CHEM
Blue Dream x OG/Chem
Green Crack x 5G
Afghan Landrace
Raspberry Cough
Cherry Pie
Cheese
Orange Crush
unknown OG
White Widow

this video always makes me laugh...http://youtu.be/olu2x_ekYII

Jack: “If we can’t live together, we’re going to die alone.”

speaking of living together...my companion planting seems to be going swimmingly...

I gave them around 20 extra gallons from the recent microbulated brew a day or two ago, they loved it. Actually, I had a sandwich today with some lettuce from the garden, first time I've ever eaten anything I grew! Lot more of that to come... : )

S1Huoh.jpg

Bubba/OG getting some late night sun...

t1wtth.jpg

MLI #11

mlrbah.jpg

mAOd3.jpg

more pics in my albums : )
anyways...see ya in another life brotha

Last edited:

nephrosis

Im sorry to hear that :( atleast you got 6 good ones so far... i hope things look up for u! Is there a reason why they hermied and so many?

Also, it looks like you should cut some trees/branches down... idk if that would help but that what it kinda looked like

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
yeah, you're absolutely right about needing to cut down some branches... had a lumberjack friend come over a week or so ago and clear up the east side of the property, added a couple hours of direct light to the yard. It was fun watching him climb in the trees like an ape...

He's going to come back and work on the west side soon, I didn't think it was a big rush up until now. Considering how hot it's been lately I didn't need these young plants getting scorched, but now that they're established it's high time we chop some branches down.

:thank you:

nephrosis

yeah, you're absolutely right about needing to cut down some branches... had a lumberjack friend come over a week or so ago and clear up the east side of the property, added a couple hours of direct light to the yard.

:peacock:

He's going to come back and work on the west side soon, I didn't think it was a big rush up until now. Considering how hot it's been lately I didn't need these young plants getting scorched, but now that they're established it's high time we chop some branches down.

:thank you:

ooooooo please take some b4 and after pictures! only if u can, that stuff is so interesting.... i cant wait to see your bubba! thats always one of my favs! I also love your area! i cant wait till i move from socal to some nice forested area (or atleast somewhere with some decent trees) im so damn jealous of your outdoor garden too.... i want to start growing some peppers and a crazy experiment, bonsai orange tree!!! mini oranges ftw?! i write down all these stupid ideas and see if i can get some of them to work lol

GOOOOOOD growin mate!

The light dep SourD is almost 2 weeks into flower and has been stretching like mad. Bud sites are just starting to form and the smell is already very enjoyable.

picture.php

OGKush, likely going full season. It takes her a bit to get into her groove after transplant, but now comfortable, she's ripping along.

picture.php

A tiny OG/Bubba. Trying to accomplish a few things with this. Side by side soil mix test for yield and quality. Checking into 65 gallon pot potential with next years light dep(s) in mind. I'm also curious how this rather slow growing strain does started so small.

picture.php

E

ekomsi

That sucks to hear about the og ghost train haze. I have high hopes for my pack.

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
That sucks to hear about the og ghost train haze. I have high hopes for my pack.

yeah, it really stinks...

Well...actually, maybe that's not the right word, I haven't really been very impressed with the stem smell research I've been doing come to think of it...:shucks:

ooooooo please take some b4 and after pictures! only if u can, that stuff is so interesting.... i cant wait to see your bubba! thats always one of my favs! I also love your area! i cant wait till i move from socal to some nice forested area (or atleast somewhere with some decent trees) im so damn jealous of your outdoor garden too.... i want to start growing some peppers and a crazy experiment, bonsai orange tree!!! mini oranges ftw?! i write down all these stupid ideas and see if i can get some of them to work lol

GOOOOOOD growin mate!

I'm very glad you're enjoying the thread. :tiphat:

I just have to ask what about pine tree before/after shots are "so interesting" , it's confusing me is all. :laughing:

If you really want I'm sure we can take dozens of pics of them.

Endur

Veteran
Looking good Amigo.
You have a really nice strain selection.
I'm interested in seeing how tha MLI, Bluebonic, and the Flo turns out.
I ran the MLI, indoors back in 98/99 really good flowers.
Keep It Green up on tha Hill, Bro.
Peace
Endur

Looking good Amigo.
You have a really nice strain selection.
I'm interested in seeing how tha MLI, Bluebonic, and the Flo turns out.
I ran the MLI, indoors back in 98/99 really good flowers.
Keep It Green up on tha Hill, Bro.
Peace
Endur

The Bluebonic is giving me issues right now, but the FLO and MLI are looking about perfect. Plenty to go around this fall:tiphat:

jbarsk8

looking fantastic, whether has been great in the gold country as of late, your babies are certainly showing that. Thanks for keeping us up to date