What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GCG and Boobs's 2012 NorCal Organic Outdoor: The Foothill Fetish

Wow! Absolutely loving it.. Best of luck with your 2012 growing season. What kind of plants is that on picture 3 from the top?? Froggy's head seems a bit dizzy though :)

Peace

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
the third picture down is my forever field of strawberries, I'm going to give them a tea today along with everything else.

I found that frog while digging around, his face reminds me of the sphinx's :blowbubbles:

I always imagine the frog to be singing this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSFLZ-MzIhM
well, time to go fill the pots more. :thank you:

Last edited:
Here is the SourD, just put the first layer of mulch on it. Nights are in the high 40s right now so no need to cover her in the evening right now. When it does get cooler next week I will cover her with clear poly; that combined with the mulch of composting straw and fresh lawn clippings should keep her roots plenty warm until it warms up for the season.

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=36921&pictureid=874817&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]
Looks like you guys have a nice start...

Dont you think that sour D will start flowering on you? Its a bit early to be putting plants outside, especially big plants like that.

Do you have supplmental lighting on her?

Looks like you guys have a nice start...

Dont you think that sour D will start flowering on you? Its a bit early to be putting plants outside, especially big plants like that.

Do you have supplmental lighting on her?

Yes, if you look at the left side of the picture you will notice a yellow cord and half of a 42 watt cfl. She's veggin away. :thank you:

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
roofies

roofies

took me a while to build up the courage to climb up onto the roof, but it was fun.

OMvXC.jpg

they've all been filled up for a while now so I've been working on my vegetable garden in the front lately. maybe I'll throw up some pics tomorrow, it's looking real nice. Since I hit everything with the tea, the strawberries, especially, are thriving.

:blowbubbles:

S

SeaMaiden

I like that camera. Now I can't remember if ours are Foscams or not, but they're IR wireless, no sound. Now that we have come out in the public eye I want surveillance that has sound, too, especially around the house entrances.

For more reading, may I suggest to you Acres, USA? It's my #1 favorite in my home library!

I like that camera. Now I can't remember if ours are Foscams or not, but they're IR wireless, no sound. Now that we have come out in the public eye I want surveillance that has sound, too, especially around the house entrances.

For more reading, may I suggest to you Acres, USA? It's my #1 favorite in my home library!

I'll look into that right now, in the meantime, puff on some spring flowering Og/Bubba. :thank you:

nephrosis

WOOO love to see outdoor cali grows!!! being a socal grower myself, its a tad bit hard to do outdoors down here.... I cant wait to see how these babys grow and react with the norcal sun!!!

cant wait!!

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
Strawberries.

RRjHeh.jpg

So here's a little update on a few things, the Ghost Train Haze have finally begun looking better after being transplanted into the same soil which we're using outside and they have started to show their sex now too, four males have been found and we moved them outside for now. I'm hoping to be able to collect and store some pollen for some crosses downriver, the Bubba/OG x GTH seems particularly interesting to me.

The last of the MLI which was way behind all the others, who have been harvested, is outside right now and has taken on a very different smell than any of the others had. I think it is around a week from being cut down.

We're hoping to take a trip this weekend around the area to pick up some new strains, so that should be fun and exciting.

The Sour Diesel at the other base is continuing to grow and look good.

The GDP I have inside right now is lookin' funky, I tried to defoliate it some to hopefully increase it's branching and it seems to have slowed down since.

The Sensi Star is ...such a weirdo... :tumbleweed:

I just tried to go and take a picture in there with the camera on my laptop and it won't work good enough, my normal camera is broken and I'm waiting until the GE Power Pro x600 comes out before buying a new one. If anyone knows anything about cameras though I'm trying to figure out a good simple one to get. Anyways, I'm going to go do some jui jitsu with my friend now:woohoo:

G

guest845704

Yo,
Relating to ants, some of them have wings till today. I am curious why the wasp-like creature evolving into a walking creature. It's better to fly and walk, than walk only :D All we know that.

I have pro-educational question. How long it takes for you to reach that skill level, and what were the biggest mistakes which -stop or slow down the progress, we should avoid. In one or two sentances, please :D

Grow is well planned, clean and professional. Just wait for next update...

GReen dreAM

Veteran
Nice start of the season !!

I like the photo of strawberries receiving sun`s power....heh, very popsitivie vibration... also looking forward for some tips(recepies) in brewering teas...

TAkae care and keep it green !!

GD

M

MrSterling

Do you guys have any issues using blood/bone meal? I've heard people complain about outdoor use and animals digging. I've a large patch of nutrient depleted garden(recovering from years of roundup-soy-roundup-corn-roundup-soy-roundup-corn) and am planning on turning some in. The only locals we have to worry about are raccoons and foxes, and I can't imagine either of them wandering into my garden for the sake of digging some blood meal, but yaneverknow.

Do you guys have any issues using blood/bone meal? I've heard people complain about outdoor use and animals digging. I've a large patch of nutrient depleted garden(recovering from years of roundup-soy-roundup-corn-roundup-soy-roundup-corn) and am planning on turning some in. The only locals we have to worry about are raccoons and foxes, and I can't imagine either of them wandering into my garden for the sake of digging some blood meal, but yaneverknow.

Never had much of a problem, although not out of question.

We both have a dog and fencing on the defensive.

Yo,
Relating to ants, some of them have wings till today. I am curious why the wasp-like creature evolving into a walking creature. It's better to fly and walk, than walk only :D All we know that.

I have pro-educational question. How long it takes for you to reach that skill level, and what were the biggest mistakes which -stop or slow down the progress, we should avoid. In one or two sentances, please :D

Grow is well planned, clean and professional. Just wait for next update...

Many years. Spend wisely. Go organic. Plan ahead. Keep it Simple. :blowbubbles:

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
Yo,

I've heard that some species of ants are continuing to simplify, beginning to lose their eyes because they navigate through smell mostly.

Maybe that same idea has something to do with why they'd have lost their wings in the past... less complicated.

I ordered a microscope with a digital imager last night, so although my camera is broken, I will be able to throw up some microscopic pictures of teas and things here in a week or two. :woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts