What's new

GCG and Boobs's 2012 NorCal Organic Outdoor: The Foothill Fetish

S

SeaMaiden

Well, I just came back inside from going out to check on all my plants. A LOT of my plants are straight up scorched. Not the cannabis, she's happy as can be! Everyone's roots are cool, but the cole crops began scorching two days ago (I also discovered aphids, so I really may be forced to treat, they're already poled for tenting... wait, that didn't sound right, for a greenhouse/screen/cover thing so I can treat them is what I mean), and now the cucumbers are beginning to scorch. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the maters scorch.

So my question at this moment is this for those scorched plants--shadecloth (physical cover) or Surround (kaolin clay)? All I need to do is make sure it's approved for the crops I plan to treat, if not then I have to cover.

The deer are becoming desperate and bold. A doe was out in the full sun eating my weeping cherry. I need to check the CALFIRE map again. Yup, there's a fire in Pollock Pines to the north of us. I knew it had to be north or northeast, because of the wind.

Bookmark this link: http://www.fire.ca.gov/fire_protection/firemaps.php

Oh yeah, we got our notice for the future bill from the state for fire 'protection.' Something tells me that unless we handle it ourselves, we ain't gettin' much protection from the state.

picture.php

picture.php

Little over 10 weeks. Time for chop chop.

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
thanks for the link SeaMaiden, your stories are interesting.

here are some pictures from around my house, my keyboard broke so I'm typing with an on screen click each letter style keypad...it's making my clicker finger hurt so for now I won't say much.

http://youtu.be/UOB1-3DeVas

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

~to be continued~

S

SeaMaiden

Damn! I need to get me some light dep learning on.

Be safe brothers, the sky's even smokier this morning. Haven't checked the CALFIRE maps this morning, but I'm sure you smell it, too. Watching for ash-fall.

Craiglist, 120ish each delivered. 275 gallons each.

0/3 found my post helpful, regarding having a friend over to celebrate harvest? Joke is on all of you.

Impressive GCG...love the close ups of the SD light dep, 2/3 of my outdoor garden is SD, so its so fun for me to watch your light dep, because its like a snap shot of the future yet to come my way :) Crazy smoke today, I don't think I have it as bad as you guys, but pretty hazy over here.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
How do you harvest, dry and cure your herb? I feel this could be the biggest part of growing herb I could improve on.

Trim then hang and dry?
Hang and dry then trim?
Brown bags for a couple days? Glass jars, turkey bags?

How do you harvest, dry and cure your herb? I feel this could be the biggest part of growing herb I could improve on.

Trim then hang and dry?
Hang and dry then trim?
Brown bags for a couple days? Glass jars, turkey bags?

While the plant is still alive, the last couple days before harvest, I remove all fan leaves from the plant.

Come chop time I take individual branches and hang them to dry for a few days. After they start becoming dry and have lost the majority of the water weight they were retaining I will buck them off the stems onto hanging dry racks. I break them down all the way so once they are trimmed they can immediately begin curing without another step removing final stems.

A close trim is done and then they can begin curing.

If you want me to get into more detail about a certain step, let me know. :tiphat:

Mister_D

Veteran
I'd like a few more details on how you cure the buds after they get a close trim. Always curious how others with large amounts go about storing the buds to cure, and their methods for getting the best out of their buds. GCG and boobs you are both doing an excellent job with the grow and sharing much valuable advice along the way. Seriously wishing I wasn't so busy this spring so I could have done an outdoor crop. Light dep harvest party with friends sounds like great times to me :biggrin:

Endur

Veteran
I just want to thank, GCG, BOOBS, and Legendzepp, for inviting me up the their property.
I had a Blast, kicking it with you guys. Lunch was delicious, thanks Legendzepp.

So I was privileged to see a awesome grow, and really healthy/lush plants.

I had permission to take some pics, and was asked to post them up.
So here they are...

Harvested Light Dep, SOUR D.
GCGAugust152012051.jpg

GCGAugust152012022.jpg

GCGAugust152012024.jpg

GCGAugust152012006.jpg

GCGAugust152012028.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts