What's new

Gay Marriage Opposer Busted for DUI While Leaving Gay Club

C

Classyathome

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2010/03/entering_the_larry_craig_pantheon.php
It's no good for a family values Republican to get picked up on a DUI. But substantially worse to get picked up for a DUI after leaving a gay nightclub with an unidentified man in a state vehicle.

That's the sorry state that befell California state Senator Roy Ashburn (R-Bakersfield) early Wednesday.

In better days Ashburn, a fierce opponent of gay rights, was fighting marriage equality and organizing anti-gay marriage rallies as part of his "Traditional Family Values" campaign.

But he hit a bump in the road -- figuratively, not literally -- Wednesday at around 2 AM when CHP officers observed him weaving and driving erratically in downtown Sacramento. After a field sobriety test, officers determined that Ashburn, who reeked of alcohol and had bloodshot, watery eyes, was under he influence of alcohol and placed him under arrest. He was released from jail just before 4 AM.

Initial reports only noted the DWI arrest and Ashburn issued a contrite apology on Wednesday. But late this evening, the CBS affiliate in Sacramento reported that "sources" confirmed that Ashburn had left Faces, a gay nightclub in downtown Sacramento, just prior to his arrest.

The state issued black Chevrolet Tahoe Ashburn was driving has been impounded at the state Capitol.
:laughing:

Whoops - at least he wasn't caught w/ weed...

Although he might have been planning to suck a joint, later that evening...

I love it when family value polits get caught w/ their gay lovers, and drunk driving...

J

*Journeyman*

There's a good movie called Outrage that covers strongly anti-gay politicians who are actually gay.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
hahah idc if it was repub or democ.. He is busted, All politicians suck cock i have always said it.. They always have a hidden aganda and now we all know what that is... Smoking pole... lmfao....he needs to be made an example of... peace n puffs..

sackO

Last edited:

trouble

Veteran
DONT..BE..A..MEANIE!

GIVE..ROY..A..WEENIE!

This Message Was Paid For & Approved By ROY ASHBURN (R)
For..California.State.Senator

:joint:

Last edited:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
are you a homophobe if you make funny comments of a pole smoker? And how would you know the percentages? hmmm :chin: Wow so most of the world is secretly gay? peace n puffs

sackO LMFAO!!!

iSmokeTrees

are you a homophobe if you make funny comments of a pole smoker? And how would you know the percentages? hmmm :chin: Wow so most of the world is secretly gay? peace n puffs

sackO LMFAO!!!

I know how to read, it will get you far in life, you should try some time. It is amazing what you might learn if you read the news.

Attitudes like yours and this senator's are the problem. Having a homosexual thought does not make you homosexual.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Attitudes like yours and this senator's are the problem

I can't stand politcally correct bullshit. Gays call each other cockersucker, pole smoker all the time. They are more in your face and non politically correct jokes than most straights.

Politically correctness gives someone who has no idea what they are talking about some kind of perceived moral high ground IMO.

Like they really know what's is in everyone's best interest to say and do. Puuuuh-lease.

C

Classyathome

I was going to use Republican Senator in headline, but went with the original news headline...

It's a hoot either way - family values platform, votes against gay marriage, caught DUI after leaving gay club w/ new potential cum-dumpster...

You can't make this shit up - life IS funnier than fiction...

D

draco

Reminds me of good old Ted Haggard.

And like Ted, i'm sure he is on redemption road. the flock just loves that! he could use Ted's pr man...

I saw Jimmy Swaggart singing on tv while surfing last night. it's the money you know...

there's gotta be a special corner of hell reserved for the hippocrites of this magnitude...

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Everyone of these republicans that preach family values and are the hard core against gay right people are all gay themselfs and are trying to prove to themselfs and everyone else that they are not gay...

It must be sad to have to hide your whole life and never tell anyone about the real you... O wait I GROW WEED I DO THAT EVERYDAY....

Stupid Repubs.... I think ALL politicians must be gay they got that greek aristocratic shit going on... Soon youll see them with little boys...
Gay orgies in the senate room... wooohooo...

The hypocrisy never ends...