What's new

Gavita-Pro 1000w 400v (new generation hps)

username474

I figured I would chime in since I havent really found anyone that has used the gavitas and actually documented it through out their grow. I currently have a grow journal on roll it up if you would like to follow along. If there is a grow journal section on this form I will make one here as well. If anyone knows how to make a journal on here I am all ears!

My set up:
- 11 Gavita pro 1000's
- 5 ton A/c
- 105 pint dehumidifier
- co2 burner
- Sentinal co2 controller
- Crestron Full automation system
- Stealth 200 GPD R/O
- 12 Wall mounted fans

The Plants:

Now for whats actually under the lights. I am running 9 plants per light. About half of them are Tahoe OG and the other half True OG with two lights of mixed plants which include Sour Diesel, Gods Gift, Massive OG, and one Woody OG. I will be starting 12/12 in about two weeks when the room is fully completed. They have been veg. for about three weeks in 1 gal pots and are being transplanted into 5 gal microkote pots this Thursday to be flowered in. Most of them have been toped and have 4 main branches.

Medium, Environment, Nutrients:

- Soil: A blend of Sunshine #4, coco, and perilite
- Temp: 74-82 degrees (day), 66-72 degrees (night)
- Humidity: 40-50%
- Co2: 600ppm (veg), 900ppm (week 1-3), 1250ppm (week 4-6), 900ppm (week 7- finish)
- Nutrients: Earth Juice; Grow, Bloom, Micro, Catalyst, Meta-K, Oily Cann. Great White beneficial bacteria (every 2 weeks), Vermi-T (once a week)

What section is your journal in @ rollitup? I tried searching your
username as well as 11 gavita pro 1000's to no avail. I will be subbed as soon as I find you.

whazzup

Veteran
Gavita will be at the indoor garden expo in San Francisco in July if you want to have a personal chat.

brandnewbie

Gavita will be at the indoor garden expo in San Francisco in July if you want to have a personal chat.
I've been trying to follow your tech breakdown but am a little confused. It seems as though with each additional light you add, your space needs to grow specifically within that coverage. Do you then design a room around the lights, and how? What is the optimal room for say 10 lights, 90 plants? Height is over 14' (sorry for feet).

whazzup

Veteran
Normally in horticulture we work with much bigger spaces, or in growrooms where economics are not a great concern, but quality is. In bigger spaces such as greenhouses, which have thousands of fixtures, it is not such a problem. The problem starts when you want to light a room that is not ideal for the spread of a lamp. There are always multiple solutions for re-positioning to deal with that but in the end ideal measurements give a more ideal uniformity. Now is uniformity not your most important worry (growers have been doing well with real shitty uniformity) but is does help.

So yes, lighting should be taken into the growroom design equation. It's not so much the surface as the shape. For 10 pro 1000 at 100% your surface covered will be around 18-20 square meters. How you position your lamps depends on the shape of the room. Distance from the lamps to your crop is 3'

brandnewbie

The space I have to work with is roughly 13' x 32' with up to 12' ceiling space. I followed a diagram you designed for another question and thought I was on the right track, but was hoping you could show me placements. I know you prefer metrics so I can convert from meters. Thank you. Heat no issue.

Rabbi

Any word yet on when they're gonna release air cooled hoods? Would love to try these but air cooled hoods are mandatory to me.

FatherEarth

Veteran
So there is a sale at a local shop for the Gavita pro 1000 kit for 440$ was considering grabbing 6 of these but am concerned about the heat output as I only use outside air to cool. was planning on using 1 light per 4x4 bed.. Should I go ahead and grab em or stick with the air cooled ... ?

FatherEarth

Veteran
Never mind I went ahead and picked them up. I can build to accommodate them, no worries. Just hoping I can pull it off without an ac... we shall see

krustallos

Veteran
Whats the light footprint on these? Has anyone put a meter to it and looked at where the footprint starts to drop off?

C

CulturedHeathen

5x5 @ 3' above the canopy is the recommended footprint for the 1000w system

Stoogots

Veteran
picture.php

This is the footprint of 1*1000DE Gavita in my growroom that measures 130*170m hanging the fixture 90cm over the crop.it's reccomended this distance for optimal coverage and light distribution.
The column on the right are micromoles.

FatherEarth

Veteran
5' footprint!? Thats nice. Guess Ill need bigger beds or less lights. Going to be a fair amount of overlap, I wonder if thats going to be too intense in those areas....