What's new

GAVITA Pro 1000 DE

Im very sorry for asking this question, Im sure the definitive answer is in this thread somewhere... Im just failing to find it

We are currently setting up single scrog tables that are 4ft x 6ft using Gavita 1000 DE's.
We are not using any overlap, just single isolated perpetual areas.

What is the optimal height that we want the gavita above the tops for even saturation over this area?

The scrog tops are extremely uniform (within 1" difference)

The ideal spread for the 1000's was 120cm x 180cm if I am not mistaken?

We are waiting on our meters to fine tune, but just seeking advice on the 'close to perfect' height until we get the meters. Also as a reference for other growers who may not have meters at this point ;)

Thankyou in advance.

We'll I reckon about a ceiling height of about 2.4 or 8ft is minimum really then really it's gonna depend on the rest of the setup I use meters and you get a lot of drop off on the edges as it gets closer this is why the e papillons are a much better shade than the gavitas so just hang it up and just get it as close as you can without loosing too much round the edges

Hope this helps a bit I will measure up tonight for you if u are after an exact measurement

Gavita are saying like once you are turned up to 1000 you should have at least 90cm to the plant from the bulb I have the other distances for different wattages if u need

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
interesting points made, i will say that the philips 600w digital lamp that runs the bulb at 400V is the coolest running lamp i have ever come across in many years. it's really quite amazing how little the ballast part heats up, but even the reflector right above the bulb doesn't get really hot. the only place you feel the heat like from a magnetic ballast is if you put your hand right under the bulb. not sure how they achieved the huge difference in temperature, specially when you consider the extra 10% of output.

picture.php

PeterWB

Question for whazzup

Question for whazzup

I have a 22 foot by 20 foot room and I have 9 Gavita Pro 1000's. I wish to place the lamps as optimally as possible. I will hang mylar around the circumference of my plants so to reflect light from travelling outside my growing area. I don't really care whether my growing area ends up 12 x 12 or whatever but I do want to space the lights to achieve the best possible light conditions. I run the lamps at 1,000 setting. Can you recommend the spacing between the lamps? Can I assume that the spacing is from the center of the bulb to the center of an adjacent bulb? Thanks.

threeamigos619

my grow area is 2m x 2.5m with space to walk around the perimeter. Currently using two gavita 1000/400. Distance of .9m(@1000) between canopy and light running co2. This is our second grow with these lights and have yellowing directly under the lights(both grows). The further away from the lights the less yellowing or no yellowing. The room is ac and the temp at the top of the canopy is at 75 degrees. The strain is Gorilla glue #4. We have another room(same nutes) not running gavitas that has no yellowing... any ideas?

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had my doubts about this new light, but after doing research it sounds wonderful. + the price of the complete unit is actually a better deal than buying everything a la carte.

I do have a few questions:

1) Can these units be run on a light rail type mover?

2) At 3 feet distance from the plants, will one unit light my Aeroflo that has a 5 x 5 (1.52 x 1.52m) foot print? or should I get 2?

3) Do they really perform better at 1150 watts or at 1000?

Thanks!

Can someone explain to me why I should run this fixture over the Sun System Agrotech Magnum DE reflector? The design seems way better on the Agrotech and independent tests have the air cooled version crushing Gavita and e-pap. I have tons of air conditioning and height to work with so the air cooled version is not necessary. No matter what they all generate the same amount of heat and that shit has got to go somewhere. Can't see why the other fixtures compare. I'm looking at putting DE's in a 50,000 sq. ft. space and I think the magnum DE is my first choice to use as a tester.

I had my doubts about this new light, but after doing research it sounds wonderful. + the price of the complete unit is actually a better deal than buying everything a la carte.

I do have a few questions:

1) Can these units be run on a light rail type mover?

2) At 3 feet distance from the plants, will one unit light my Aeroflo that has a 5 x 5 (1.52 x 1.52m) foot print? or should I get 2?

3) Do they really perform better at 1150 watts or at 1000?

Thanks!

I've been using gavita pro 1000's for a year now and they are great. I'll try to answer your questions.
1) I don't see why not as long as the rail is rated for the weight of the fixture. I haven't tried it because I don't like the idea of a scorching hot light moving around..... more things to go wrong.
2) I think 2 pro 1000's would be way overkill. two 600's would probably be better. 1 pro 1000 would work too but the coverage wouldn't be as good. the pro 1k when turned up to 1150w covers 4x6 very well.
3) I run mine at 1150W. it does put out more light when turned up, but probably shortens the bulb life a bit. I don't really know.

N

noyd666

gavita 1000 de.at 750 watts , seeing how she goes ,5x5 roughly. about 2'x6'' of top of canopy, will try 825 to 1000 tomorrow
picture.php

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing Oscar and Noyd. I'm building a new room, and I'm swapping out lights.

Be careful taking that picture. One of my biggest fears growing is hurting my eyesight due to the lights.

N

noyd666

got grow room glasses S.R, but alas there old worn eyes, be careful the light will get you.
4-9 in American.3 days now on 1000 watts= 2' above canopy, looks ok so far.

BCNeil

Saw a youtube video tonight. Looks like they have released the 750DE lamp set up, that works on 120v.

Space Toker

Veteran
Forgive me but I don't have time to read 27 pages!
So, I have a lot of stupid comments/questions that may have already been answered.

1). did I read it was 400 V? So a 120 or 220 would not work I take it, so how do you wire for this?

2). brightest around at 130 something thousand lumens? A digital ballast lamp supposedly puts out 155,000.

3). needs to be replaced every year (reflector)? could get expensive, and more importantly result in a lot of waste. Air cooled is a necessity for me in the summer as I don't yet have an AC that can handle all that heat.

So, with all the costs involved, what makes it worth it? It may be better, but is is so much better that it makes it worth it for the avg user?

Oh and btw, where the hell do you get these in the NE US?

It's 400v but it's converted at the ballast it is still powered by your normal power supply.
Gavita reflectors loose 10% efficiency if not replaced every 12 months if I was shopping for a high end digital I'd be looking at e-papillon same ballast (Philips) better shade better spread. No need to replace.

I would probably say for an average grower you won't see an yield increase but it is a solid investment high end digitals are quality bits of kit. If you can afford it you don't get problems it's nice to have the best!

What is the average footprint you guys are getting and orientation?

I have 4 of them and have them super high above the plants (48") and seem to be getting about 4x8 footprint easily and the plants are thriving