What's new

Garlic...!!

OSBC

Does anyone kno of a strain called Garlic? It has been in my fam for 30+ years. It's a killer strain.. Jus wanted to see if anyone has heard of it? It was picked up in the late 80's on the west coast.. Brought some to the htcc an had many people try arjan Franco the nose Danny dank Robbie dronkers.. None of um every heard of it!! This shits crazy!!:dance013:

R

ran outta love

Garlic Bud was offered by (Neville's) Seed Bank in the 80's.

It's a Skunk x Afghan.

From the Seed Bank 1990 Catalogue:

sb90-7.jpg

OSBC

Ours looks just like that...! Thks it's kinda crazy I've been to 8 cups an spent bout a year in Adam and have never ran into it!! I guess it's a rare one..I'll post some pics of it soon.. We also have a Wicked Oregon purple thai that w crossed to a purple indica strain:dance013: it's called Sugar it has amazing purple pink trichomes on burgundy colored buds it yields are huge w a stone that is super potent, very racy high.. I'll post sume pics of that aswell.. It's sum of oregons finest:dance013:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
The picture for Garlic Bud in that 1990 Seed Bank catalogue is the exact same picture they are using for sensi seeds Shiva Shanti... In the description they say there garlic bud is part of the genetic make up.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OrganicOzarks

I was in Dallas a few years back, and got a hold of something called Gar-berry. It tasted just like garlic. It had a garlic skunk smell to it as well. It was by far the best I have had down there to date. It was a local product, but i only got it a couple of times. I have always wanted to try to source it, but could not make any head way with the people that had it.

Bunz

Had a cut of it in the late 90's-early 00's. Lost it in the great shutdown of 2004.

picture.php

Rainmaker

There is a strain floating around Nor-Cal called Black Garlic. Not sure if it has any relation to the Dutch strain. Reeks of garlic and has a phenomenal yield. Was one of the first varieties harvested this year outside...done by the second week of Sept. Would love to give it a go for next years outdoor.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
OSBC there’s a few garlic cuts one is from not cal south Oregon and is fire super rare dates back to the 80s rancid rotten garlic skunk and another cut that been goin around is more marinara it’s nice but the older rank one is the one you may have and is super special I only know one person who is still holding it in Santa Cruz

acespicoli

@Garlicbud1 more lol
anyone still working with the old garlic bud stock, maybe have some more recent pictures?
The Seed Banks Garlic Bud Description

Logo The Seed Bank This heavy yielding variety is named for its penetrating Indica fragrance, not exactly lice Garlic, but almost as strong. You wont have garlic breath after smoking this one, so dont worry, but you will get stoned. We gave this one a B+ for taste and potency, an excellent score for such a heavy yielder. Superior Indoor performance, top commercial possibilities.
Height at 100 days: 40-60 inches.
Flowering at 12 hours of darkness: 50-55 days.
Yield at 100 days: up to 125 grams.

Last edited:

acespicoli

anyone tried these?