What's new

Ganja D's Outdoor 2011

driska

Here's a song to listen to as you read the post and look at the pictures.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg&feature=artistob&playnext=1&list=TLMLM6OUWB9YA
Here is some blue dream. I'm completely aware the raised beds are out of control and are already hedged out,but it's all good,I'm still very pleased with how things are going.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ECSD's
picture.php

Chem X Sour
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These plants from seed may end up having a big future in my life. There are two plants in this smart pot,they are Rez Pitbull OG X SD IBL F2's gifted from a fellow ic'er. Both have been cloned for testing indoors and future breeding. They are among my most vigorous and healthy plants I have. On the left is very stanky smelling and stick stemmed OG dominant pheno. The right plant is ECSD dominant all day. I've compared the leaves to the ecsd cut and they look identical. I am really excited to smoke them when they're done.
picture.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc&feature=artistob&playnext=1&list=TLPC8iPuLml9E
Double Strawberry Diesel
picture.php

Diesel Berry X SSSDH (SD x F13 X SSSDH)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is Mr.Nice Super Silver Haze. I am starting to feel like this might flower forever. Hoping I can pull it close to Halloween,but I'll let it go as long as I can. Looks like I will need to be patient.
picture.php

picture.php

Happy weed growing everybody.
Peace.

Damn man! i can saj yust beautiful and hard work:tiphat:

Bullfrog44

Veteran
GanjaD holding things down. Looking amazing my man, those blue dreams however are going to be a troubled bunch. I have had mold issues with that strain before, and with them all hedged together I fear the spread of mold. Maybe you don't have that problem up North. Good luck and things are just spectacular, great job.

G

guest86120975

Hey Ganja D, how do you get your water for your plants? How do you guys off the grid get enough water?

McDank8O5

those raised beds are beautiful! I have a plant with multiple lower branches like your ChemxSour what are you going to do to support those bottom ones later on?

looking spectacular as usual Ganja D

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
not totally off grid a good growing property in norcal should at least have power connected, to power the living area, veg room for starts, supp lighting, and pumps, you could go diesel generator but then you gotta haul fuel up and down the mountain.....for water you drill a well usually costs around 10-15k....sometimes you get lucky and hit a nice GPM....pump all that water into various ponds for storage and run 2nd pump from the pond to the reservoirs...and then if you got your reservoirs up the hill from the garden you can get a nice gravity drip going on....but i believe GDs using sumps or water pumps?

G

guest86120975

not totally off grid a good growing property in norcal should at least have power connected, to power the living area, veg room for starts, supp lighting, and pumps, you could go diesel generator but then you gotta haul fuel up and down the mountain.....for water you drill a well usually costs around 10-15k....sometimes you get lucky and hit a nice GPM....pump all that water into various ponds for storage and run 2nd pump from the pond to the reservoirs...and then if you got your reservoirs up the hill from the garden you can get a nice gravity drip going on....but i believe GDs using sumps or water pumps?

Ehh very interesting, I need to learn as much as possible before I make my big move. I do know it's dry as a bone all summer in the whole state, and looking on Google Earth I can see many plots around southern Humboldt, that must be off the grid.

G

Ganja D

I've been collecting pollen,lots of pollen. I have some really exciting breeding projects that I'm working on. Basically I'm trying to create memorable,special,cannabis plants of absolute top quality genes,that are easy to grow,resistant to problems(bugs,mold,mildew,heat,stress,etc),that are heavy yielders,heavy resin production,the whole package. I just want the best,the very very best. Taste and smell are always in my top priorities for a strain.

I plan on working certain strains and just making seeds with others. For instance I plan on devoting years to work some strains like strawberry cough,crossing,testing,backcrossing,in crossing,out crossing,etc.
Other strains I just want to make f1 hybrids for fun,but some f1 hybrids may turn into real breeding projects. I want to to have one of the most ridiculous seed collections possible.

Either way I have some serious stand out males and females from seed and a ton of special clone only cuts and I'm excited. I'll be going a bit nuts with the seed making and will get pics to document as much of it as I can.

One strain I'll be working on is a mix of 5 great strains. I made the cross last year and have some awesome stand out females from seed,really stand out plants for real. I will be pollinating at least 5 different female f1's with 2 different male f1's. So I'll have at least 10 different f2's to test and work over the years as well as cloned males and females for future use.
The males I picked from lots of males of the same strain. They are beefy and smell amazing, I'm convinced they will improve anything they are crossed with,one in particular.
The strain consists of F13,Sour Diesel,OG Kush,Chemdog D,and C99. Almost all the major food groups. There is some variation in the f1's in smells and flavors but 5 females are fucking awesome from the 20+ I started with. All have more vigor than you could ask for.
I'm also crossing the males with strawberry cough,ecsd,green crack,blue dream,headband,double strawberry diesel,SSSDH,SD x F13 X SSSDH,and many others. This is one of the strains I am using males of for seed making and breeding.

Other males I'm growing and using are from:
SD x F13 X SSSDH
SD IBL X KQR
NL
SD IBL
SSSDH
Double Strawberry Diesel
SSH
Satori
OG X SD
OG X CD
Sensi Durban
Spice.

Sorry for rambling. I'm blazed after some nice indoor blue dream,good smoke. Smoke good.
Peace.

Space Case

Veteran
The strain consists of F13,Sour Diesel,OG Kush,Chemdog D,and C99. Almost all the major food groups.

You are missing the mighty Haze, but hey, still sounds pretty darn good! I'm a fan of Diesel-anything, and also love me some Flo/F13!!

Rock on bro, all sounds pretty nice! Best of luck!

P.S. If ya need some testers, I might know a few folks! :tiphat:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice strain list.....i was wondering what you are using for pesticides on such a large grow...not possible to go by every plant with a spray bottle figure you gotta buy the jumbo size and use a fogmaster or something?

G

Ganja D

nice strain list.....i was wondering what you are using for pesticides on such a large grow...not possible to go by every plant with a spray bottle figure you gotta buy the jumbo size and use a fogmaster or something?

I use a 16 gallon tank with a spray gun with a 100 ft hose on the back of my quad. Powered by the quad battery.
I spray with Monterrey Garden Insect Spray,and Azatrol every 7-14 days.

G

Ganja D

Good to know GanjaD. You still have bug damage at harvest time? If so, what percentage usually?

I'm actually pretty much done spraying. I spray as a preventative mostly. At this point the only concern is caterpillars. Hopeful I won't have much of a problem.

Yeoman

I had about 2 dozen cats out of all my 30 light deprives; thankfully not an issue this season in Shasta. Hopefully w/ your preventative applications your garden is spared as well. I publically assassinated each one in front of my big plants to show all possible onlooking caterpillars that they were not welcome in my garden!

Regards,

Latest posts

Latest posts