What's new

Gangialpo’s perpetual secret garden...

gangialpo

Hi everybody, in this thread you can have a look at my perpetual indoor garden. After some outdoor experiences the last years, I try to do it indoor.

Here some info about my grow environment: (Work in progress! Always! :biggrin: )

Basically it is an unused bathroom in my flat, it measures about 2x2 meters and is 2,25 meters high. The grow area is on the bathtub which is covered with a wood board and has an 1,60 x 0,65 meter surface. I’m using actually 70% of this space (110 x 65 cm)

Air Treatment:
The fresh air comes through a 100mm hole pulled by an 125mm linear fan. The output is made by an adjustable TT125 extractor with temperature probe and 125 mm carbon filter, pushed out always through a 100 mm hole. I have only this holes and it is not possible to vary the diameter because the flat is rented. Anyway if the extractor is working on minimum range, the air in the room is changed 3/4 times in 5 minutes which is still too much I think.
To move the air in the room there are one 40cm standing fan, one 15cm clip fan and some 125mm and 100mm pc fans.

Lights:
germination (first 5-6 days): 3 x 20 watt CFL 6400K
vegetation (until 21-28 days): 1 x 200 watt CFL 6400K
flowering: 1 x 400 watt Silvania SHP-TS GrowLux

The evolution of this equipment will be LED lights, but I don’t know yet how many and how many watts but I think about 3 x 140 watt each, two for flowering and one for vegetation.

My grow procedure:

Germination: I put my seeds on wet toilet paper on a small plate covered by another plate, germination rate from the beginning (February 2013) to now is 100%... After germinating, usually 1-2 days for me, I put the seeds on peat jiffy’s. The jiffy’s are watered and kept moist with PH regulated water with one or two drops of Plagron Power Roots in an small plastic greenhouse.

Vegetation: After 5-6 days the jiffy’s are inserted in 3,6 lt. pots with soil. I’m using an Italian pre fertilized quality soil with perlite which has nearly the same characteristics like Royal Mix from Palgron and is called Tercompost VIP. Around day 15/18 they come into the final pot of 11 lt. (sometimes 16 lt. depending of the strain and how many days I like to vegetate…)
Around day 20 I begin to apply some LST and sometimes Topping until I switch to flowering. At this stage when watered I give only plain PH regulated water adding sometimes a few drops of Power Roots.

I start to count “Flowering Days” when seeing first hair, not when switching!

Flowering: Usually I start flowering around day 28 when using 11lt. pots and around day 35 when using 16lt. pots. During the first days of flowering I still apply some LST if necessary… Also in this stage I apply only PH regulated water without fertilizers until I see they need some. (Sometimes I add some drops of Power Roots…)

When I start to fertilize, I add small amounts at every watering increasing some more after 2-3 times (4-6 days usually) up to the top limit indicated by the producer.
The last 20 days the pots are flushed once a week with plain water (twice the volume of the pot) and watered with plain PH regulated water until the end of cycle…

This actually is my way to grow, I have tried also 12/12 from seed and cloning but I prefer the LST way… Sure in the future I like to try hydro but first I have to make some more experience… In this way I can grow two new plants every month and also harvest two plants every month… This is not so bad… I smoke weed every day so I need some… :biggrin:

So if you like what you read here, subscribe to this thread to stay tuned… Comments, criticism or suggestions are always welcome…

Later i will post what i have in the box now...

Regards from Italy and Happy growing…

gangialpo

Now in the box!

Now in the box!

In this moment there are some cycles of The Ultim@te by D.P. under my 400W bulb, quiet all test runs… I try flowering from seed and cloning...

Grow #4 (Flowering from seed)
This girl was grown with light-cycle 12/12 from day 6 of her life and is ready to harvest in these days, trich’s are overall milky and some of them are going amber. I think another 3 or 4 days and she will be ready…

picture.php

Grow #5 (Cloning)
4 nice clones, they took 14 days to root… I don’t like this way to grow… to much trouble… I think they will be ready in a couple of weeks…

picture.php

Grow #7 & #8 (Moms)
This are the mom’s where I take my clones for grow #5… From 16 clones only 4 are rooted so I discard cloning for me. After some LST they have been switched to flowering on july 22...

picture.php

picture.php

The pics are from last week... I think that these are my last Duch Passion plants... 5 seeds with 3 different fenos and irregular growth... They praise this strain to much...

Next strains are: Big Bud XXL by M.O.C. (already germinated), Original Amnesia & Critical Jack by Dinafem, Liberty Haze by B.F. and Royal Higness & Royal Medic by R.Q.S

Regards & happy growing...

gangialpo

#10 Big Bud XXL - M.O.C. - LST - Day 9

#10 Big Bud XXL - M.O.C. - LST - Day 9

This is the next generation... The girls are under 3 x 18W CFL and it seems not enough, they grow slowly... I will change the light with my 200W CFL the next days...

First time i try an indica dominant strain, I'm very curious of the result in yield and effect... And damned, every time I have a large and a small one...

picture.php

I'm always happy about comments, suggestions or criticism...

Regards from italy and happy growing...

gangialpo

#4 The Ultimate - DP - Bloom day 73 - The end...

#4 The Ultimate - DP - Bloom day 73 - The end...

Last night I cut grow #4 after 73 days of flowering, 84 grams wet… I concluded the experience flower from seed, not my favorite way to grow...

picture.php

picture.php

Regards & happy growing...

gangialpo

Update: Grow #7 - The Ultimate - Day 97 (Bloom 31)

Update: Grow #7 - The Ultimate - Day 97 (Bloom 31)

Hi all,

Little update of my grows...

3 days ago i cut grow #5 (4 clones T.U.) after 77 days of flowering... there are no pics but i will make them when the buds are dry...

Today I have to cut some bud's of grow #8 (LST T.U.) because there are some bananas... I take care of light infiltration but they came out... The whole plant is uggly and i don't belive that she will go until her regular end...

Grow #7
This girl is growing well and buds are covered with resin... Let the pic's tell more...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Another week with ferts, one or two feeds with PK 13/14 and then flush until the end... (21-26 days)

Comments, suggestions or criticism are welcome...

Regards from Italy

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
that most recent pics looks nice! that plant looks like it is going to yield well for you!

gangialpo

New tent for vegetation

New tent for vegetation

Today I start my new vegetation area...

picture.php

picture.php

Measures: 60*60*90 CM
Light: 200W CFL

The plants will stay here to apply LST until they are ready to flower...

Regards

gangialpo

General update...

General update...

This are the girls in my vegetation area:

Grow #10 Big Bud XXL - M.O.C. - Day 23

They will be ready to LST in the next 3-4 days...

#10.1
picture.php

#10.2
picture.php

Grow #11 Critical Jack - Day 9 - (Din@f€m)

picture.php

Grow #12 Original Amnesia - Day 5 - (Din@f€m)

picture.php

Regards from italy & happy growing

gangialpo

#10 Big Bud XXL - M.O.C.

#10 Big Bud XXL - M.O.C.

Today the first attempt to bondage the little ladies... :biggrin: ( Day 25)

#10.1
picture.php

picture.php

#10.2
picture.php

picture.php

Regards...

gangialpo

Hi folk, today i make a major update…

My connection to the web in this weeks is very bad so updates are not so much…

I found out after months it is better to check also the PH of the draining water… Giving the nutrient solution adjusted to pH 6.5 to fresh soil, it comes out with 5.3, this is to low and I wonder that the plants are growing like this… The soil I’ve used is not optimal for growing weed… After discovering this issue I went to the grow shop to take Plagron RoyalMix. Giving PH 6.5 solution drain is 6.5… The next grows will be a little better than in the past I think (hope)…

I have still 4 young plants in this bad soil, so if someone can help me suggesting how to increase the basic PH in the soil it will very appreciated!!

Here to the ladies

Grow #7 – The Ultim@t€ (DP) - Day 119 / Bloom 53 (BAD SOIL)
She’s almost ready, tricomes are all milky and someone is going amber, another week and I think I will harvest.

picture.php

Grow #10 – Big Bud XXL (MOC) – Day 42 / Bloom 6 (BAD SOIL)
They begin to stretch in this days…

picture.php

picture.php

Grow #11 - Criti@l J@ck (Din@f€m) – Day 29 / Bloom 2 (BAD SOIL)
I put them to flowering because I want to terminate the grows in this soil…

picture.php

picture.php

more coming...

gangialpo

Vegetation area:

Grow #12 - Origin@l Amnesi@ (Din@f€m) - Day 25
This little ladies have moved to 11lt. pots with Plagron Soil today...

picture.php

picture.php

Grow #13 - Whit€ Widow AF - (Free seed) - Day 15 (BAD SOIL)

picture.php

Overview:

picture.php

Comments, suggestions or criticism are welcome...

Regards from Italy...

Latest posts

Latest posts