What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ganga Girl Mini Grow

rootfingers

Gangagirl420 said:
I just started flowering a few days ago though

I have topped after the switch to flower and it didn't seem to affect the end product taste/potency wise but it may have hurt yields some. So it can be done, but that said, it will definitely stress them a bit. IMO it may be better stressing them now rather than stressing them late in flower by being too close to the lights or too big for the container.

Z

zoolander

Instead of topping them you can supercrop them as they stretch and that will help keep your yield from suffering

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I topped my Sour Diesel as soon as I started to flower, it actually ended up working great. The plant stalled for the first few days, and then all 6 side shoots stretched up and formed an awesome canopy.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Gangagirl420 said:
I am concerned about the stretching. DO you think its too late to top them??
All that did was piss my plant off something awful. It kicked sand in my face, stole my wallet and walked off with my girl. Seriously, though, all it did for me was make the plant grow faster than ever.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've always hated removing bud sites if I could help it.
Another vote for supercropping. (pinching the stem till crushed and bending the stalk over 90 deg)

LOL..it will kill your soul first time you do one. They love it.

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
yes a combo of pinching the stems and some low stress training, (tie the tops down so its an even canopy). will help controll the height. topping i think puts un needed stress on the plant. i wouldnt do it unless its emergency situation.
good luck grow looks good.

Endo

Gangagirl420

I keep it open during light and have a small desk fan inside blowing up at the lights. I also keep a large oscillating fan blowing air in from the outside. It stays really cool in my house so they stay at around 60degrees

One Love

Some computer fans would work well in that rubbermaid setup. Prolly not a whole lot of heat from the cfl's in there, but things could be troublesome later in flower when the ladies get closer to the lights. Lookin Good. :rasta:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
I had one of those, had 6 cfl's in there with a comp fan exhausted to an inline 4 inch duct fan and my plants fried. I had to keep it stealth so I couldn't open it when lights are on. I would throw a 4 inch toilet flange on the back of your bottom bin and hook up a 4 inch inline fan... cost about 30 bucks for the fan... that is if you're concerned about heat. Leaving it open during lights off is a good idea, so you probably won't need the exhaust. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of bud you get off this, good luck.

B/R

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
i love to see women growers!! did you do all the DIY yourself? if you did then i would officially be in love with you married or not!

damned fine setup!

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks clean and nice.
Just a suggestion...Try just two plants next grow. LST them from about 1 wk old for about 30-45 days or so, then flip them to 12/12. Use same size pots, or slightly larger.
Compare your yields and figure out which works best for the conditions.
Several plants often turns into a jungle that is hard to get enough light to penetrate to do much good.

G

Gangagirl420
thanks for the good idea using 2 of those plastic tots to us as a mother chamber for myself till i can find a more better home for them. i will use some small fans that runs on 120v its a computer fan i bought at radio shack. 2 would work fine .2 fans in the top and drill holes in the bottom to have a good air flow from bottom to top.

L

Lava Surfer

Hi Gangagirl

Sweet lill setup you got there, looks really nice and like a good start with a small DIY garden. Im gonna try to follow up on this one and see how it will turn out!

Last edited: