What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ganga Girl Mini Grow

Gangagirl420

Hello!

I have just recently began a new experimental grow! I wanted to try this so in places that you cant utilize a whole room for your plants, you can do in small places.

I am using 2 x 32 gallon Roughneck Totes (clamshelled)

I painted the inside white to reflect. I am using 42watt CFL's, 2 for Vegetation and 4 for Flowering.

I will be cutting a hole for venting as soon as I get the funds to buy a small fan, I now have a large oscillating fan circulating the air.

I can fit 4 x 2gallon square pots with ROOTS ORGANICS and Sunshine #4, I have always used Sunshine #4. But I only had enough for 2 of the plants, so I decided to test out ROOTS ORGANICS on the other 2 :) I will report on the differences if any!

The strain I am growing is SNOW DOGG

ENJOY! :rasta:

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Welcome to icmag!

You should get some pics of your set up

To things to watch with your box

The paint peeling off the plastic coating on the tote.

And heat, a good buddy of mine had something similar, he was cooking his plants in there, he had a couple fans

Best of luck with your grow

if you are wondering, you need two posts to post pics

Gangagirl420

ok we are all good with PICTURES now!

Here is the baby Snow Dogg clones in their little cups :) Aren't they cute ? This is right when I put them in as clones. TIME TO TRANSPLANT!
:joint:

Last edited:

Gangagirl420

TRANSPLANTING

TRANSPLANTING

So I transplanted the babies into 2 gallon Square pots, I really like the square ones! :)

I used SUNSHINE #4 on the 2 on the left and ROOTS ORGANICS on the 2 on the right, lol

So we will see how it goes!

I am still waiting on getting some venting, so for now I leave it cracked during the 18 hour ON time, with an oscillating fan circulating the air.

The lighting is on 18/6 for vegetation. I had it on 24hours during the first week I got the clones.

They really perked up after they got their new homes!

Gangagirl420

I will let them Veg for about another week, then I will add 2 more lights for FLOWER TIME!! Cant wait!

Right now I have been doing LOW STRESS TRAINING on them to make sure when they get big they are all not to close to the light bulbs.

Check her out....

Are the tubs giving off any fumes when heated with bulbs? Just curious because I remember another previous member saying his did.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Pretty plants. Welcome aboard. If your camera or it's software won't allow you to rotate photos, the gallery does.

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
welcome to I.C.
nice job with the box G.G. >>>> i love the idea of how stealth that is,,, every time i see a Rubbermaid grow it makes me want one just for fun ...>>>>>>good work girl i cant wait to see them in a couple weeks >>>>

Gangagirl420

ME TOO! I just took some more pics! They grew fast! I will post up in the next couple of days! I am going to begin flowering today!!

Gangagirl420

Here they are after 3 weeks of Vegetation!

Working in the garden is fun! :)

I am adding 2 more bulbs today for a total of 4x 42 watt cfls
I am also putting the light cycle on 12/12 today!

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Very nice set up you got there my setup is similar in many ways. Im using a big ol cardboard box to grow some plants in. Imma keep an eye on your thread. Goodluck with the flowering. :joint:

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
good luck. i hope they dont stretch to much in flower but your boxes look big enough to handle a good amount of stretch. looks good.

Hey Ganjagirl, What strain are you growing? I hope it doesn't stretch too much. Also, for your ventilation problem you may be able to use a couple of computer fans. I Have a similar grow going on in my bedroom right now. I harvested two fans out of an old CPU (computer box) and it keeps my area cool enough (75-80 degrees F). It is simple enough to hook the fans up. For the most part, they are all 12 volt fans. All you need is an old cell phone/ camera/ etc. charger that has a 12 V output. They all have stickers that tell you the input and output voltages on them. I am using an old camera charger. Just cut off the end of the cord and there should be two wires. strip 1/2" of of them and hook the fan wires up to the stripped wires and the fans should come to life. If the fans spin the wrong way, just reverse the wires and they'll spin the other way. It is actually really simple... good luck keeping those babies cool. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Latest posts