What's new

FYI: How Can I Protect My Cell Phone Data Records From Law Enforcement Subpoenas

O

OrganicOzarks

I have not had a phone in over a year, and I don't miss it one bit. We lived thousands of years without cell phones. People act like it's the end of the world if they don't have their cell phones.

Those are the same people that I see out at dinner, and all they do the entire time is play on their cell phones. They are out to dinner with their spouse, and all they both do is play on their phones.

When did our society turn into this?

I went to the mall not long ago, and it is nothing but people walking around looking down at their cell phones. I had about 5 people bump into me because they did not know I was there.

It seems as though everyone is so caught up in their phones that they are missing real life.

Who would have thought that humanity would willfully imprisoned themselves inside a little digital box.

Throw your shit out. You will feel much better.

B

BrnCow

Now day many pay phones have video surveillance on the area around them and can get a picture of your car as well as you using the phone and they can hook up your pic with the time and isolate the number you dialed...as well as those standing around and any activity...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree use a pay phone if you want to be that secure. The pay phones at walgreens are still the old wall mout kind to video that I can see. My cell is low tech lol. No smart phone for me. Its just a plain Jane cell. No web,data, it will only do txt and calls....I have herd of people using Internet phones that connect to others wifi or find a hot spot to connect to..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a cloned cell for a day maybe before they lock it. This use to be a big problem. I dont know if still is..

Aero dragon

true security

true security

Hi I am in agreement with the NO phone at all ideas I did a little research on the whole encryption thing and if a judge gives a search warrant it could inlude going to the app developer or telecom carrier and just get the key. Because if you do a little research on the whole encrytrion thing there is what you call the private and public key and there was a big deal about this as a lot of people were like why am using encrytion if the Govt can just go get the key but they can encrytion will work great in keeping that other weed dealer from getting your customer list but if the feds really want to read your phone they can on top of all that there's those third party apps that ewant access to EVERYTHING on your phone so you can use a flashlight one more thing I saw on wikileaks mentioned all the major phone carriers iphone android and even blackberry work very close with the Govt and last point there is a reason why osama bin laden was on the run he did not have any cell phones around him and all his top men would make sure no one around him had a phone on them and he was trained by the CIA Hmmmmmm! And I'm sure but I bet that when he got raided in pakistan they didn't recover one cell phone but I don't know for sure but I bet not

Aero dragon

encryption

encryption

My words didn't come out right on that last post - We all know why osama bin laden was on the run -because he was a little bitch coward oh and one more thing the whole may I please put you on hold you are still being listened too by the carrier(even if there is music playing make a noise and you will hear music cut out) and a third party monitor hired by the carrier "to improve sevice" so while you are on hold to ask why a flashlight app needs your geolocation don't tell the misses to go tend to your 12k watt 225 plant farm IT. WILL BE RECORDED but you don't have to listen to me I'm a little more paranoid than others I've worked for the govt

ninfan77

While I appreciate the effort to put together the original post... your end advice of using pay phones and pagers is flawed as well.

Have you not seen the Wire? :p

NO phone is the only safe option.

dddaver

Veteran
While I appreciate the effort to put together the original post... your end advice of using pay phones and pagers is flawed as well.

Have you not seen the Wire? :p

NO phone is the only safe option.

No I haven't. Thanks. I'll request it from Netflix today...oops...tomorrow... or probably sometime anyway.

dddaver

Veteran
What I found was The Wire was a TV program starting in 2003 about the underground drug trade in Baltimore and there are 23 DVDs. Is that what you're talking about? Any suggestions about which episodes to see? So lets see, 2003 +5, must have ended four years ago at best, maybe ended before that. I wonder if the info portrayed on it is still valid? :fright: (I couldn't find the shrug smiley)

dddaver

Veteran
What I found was The Wire was a TV program starting in 2003 about the underground drug trade in Baltimore and there are 23 DVDs. Is that what you're talking about? Any suggestions about which episodes to see? So lets see, 2003 +5, must have ended four years ago at best, maybe ended before that. I wonder if the info portrayed on it is still valid? :fright: (I couldn't find the shrug smiley)

BTW, that's not MY advise, but the writer of the article's. But I agree, no phone used at all is the only real sure-fire method.

InjectTruth

How to Make Cell Phones Safe

Caller 1: "Hello?"

Caller 2: "Hey what's up man? Wanna chill for a few?"

Caller 1: "Sure, Ill see you in a few"

All other sensitive information should be known and discussed before hand. No need to say names, no need to say exact times, no need to say who's going where. Simply NO NEED. Don't give em ANYTHING.

Who's going to who's house/location? Discuss it before hand.

What's a "few"? Decide on a fixed number for a "few", a "couple", and "a little bit"

Don't ask/ let people ask things like "You got? Do you have 4?". You either do or you don't. We meet up and find out then. Being in a rush can slow your roll way harder than being thorough, sittin up in the clink with no defense cuz of your call/text log.

Here's an example of an average, unnecessary exchange.

Caller 2: "Hey Dave whats going on man its Jeff.

Caller 1: "Nothing much bro"

Caller 2: "Was wondering if i could come by and grab some tickets?" or "Whats the number on the new ticket?" or "How's the new ticket looking?"

Caller 1: "Yeah, no doubt bro. Come on over in an hour, Im home."

Someone who hears the second conversation now knows Dave sells drugs and Jeff wants to buy them, how much they cost, if Dave has any on hand, where Dave is RIGHT NOW and where he and Jeff will be doing an illegal transaction in an hour.

All without going out of their way. Shit, it mighta got scanned/intercepted by ACCIDENT and you just handed it to em on a plate.

DON'T GIVE EM SHIT!!!!

mowood3479

Veteran

BTW, that's not MY advise, but the writer of the article's. But I agree, no phone used at all is the only real sure-fire method.

my advice is to watch them all!... imo the wire is by far the best smartest tv/movie series ive ever seen.... by alot.
outstandingly realistic... and tells an amazing story about urban decay in america and the instituitions that are speeding up/guiding the process.
Each season has a particular focus and highlights the issues within.. ie the drug trade, politics, education, manufacturing...

MrMagic

talk in a coded language and youll have no worries,those apps and programs for encrypting and what not, is a trap and i would highly advise against using them

Terroir

How to Make Cell Phones Safe

Caller 2: "Hey what's up man? Wanna chill for a few?"

Caller 1: "Sure, Ill see you in a few"

All other sensitive information should be known and discussed before hand. No need to say names, no need to say exact times, no need to say who's going where. Simply NO NEED. Don't give em ANYTHING.

Who's going to who's house/location? Discuss it before hand.

What's a "few"? Decide on a fixed number for a "few", a "couple", and "a little bit"

Don't ask/ let people ask things like "You got? Do you have 4?". You either do or you don't. We meet up and find out then. Being in a rush can slow your roll way harder than being thorough, sittin up in the clink with no defense cuz of your call/text log.

Here's an example of an average, unnecessary exchange.

Caller 2: "Hey Dave whats going on man its Jeff.

Caller 1: "Nothing much bro"

Caller 2: "Was wondering if i could come by and grab some tickets?" or "Whats the number on the new ticket?" or "How's the new ticket looking?"

Caller 1: "Yeah, no doubt bro. Come on over in an hour, Im home."

Someone who hears the second conversation now knows Dave sells drugs and Jeff wants to buy them, how much they cost, if Dave has any on hand, where Dave is RIGHT NOW and where he and Jeff will be doing an illegal transaction in an hour.

All without going out of their way. Shit, it mighta got scanned/intercepted by ACCIDENT and you just handed it to em on a plate.

DON'T GIVE EM SHIT!!!!

over here codes are no good.

judges accept that many drug calls are in a coded language. If the police have intercepts say of dealer and customers say talking about going fishing a good prosecutor will explain to the judge the translation of the code and your fucked.

ie

customer: catch any fish
dealer: yeah mate , a boat load
customer: wow thats great, got a small one spare for the table
dealer: yeh come round

now the police may have 500 intercepted phone calls all with similar codes it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that there not talking about fish.

Maybe in the usa codes work but not here generally. Saying that while arrests are published. The media never really reports on trials so we only get to read about the evidence on rather large trials or ones that are interesting or involve high profile people. WHen they do report it they always like to mention the codes the dealers were using.

Latest posts

Latest posts