What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Future FL caregiver looking for info

JG's Ghost

There are business groups meeting around the state to hash out just how this whole thing would work. They charge $400 to attend, but you will get to meet some of the movers, and shakers.

Getting involved in "get out the vote" groups, and volunteering to do calls, petition and donation drives, etc will also get you face time with those that will be making many of these decisions.

As always it's not what you know, but who you know.

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
There are business groups meeting around the state to hash out just how this whole thing would work. They charge $400 to attend, but you will get to meet some of the movers, and shakers.

Getting involved in "get out the vote" groups, and volunteering to do calls, petition and donation drives, etc will also get you face time with those that will be making many of these decisions.

As always it's not what you know, but who you know.

Do you have any more info on the business groups? I would be interested in attending.

paper thorn

Veteran
This is written by the Marijuana Policy Project(MPP), they're the same group writing almost all or all of the new MMJ bills. They know we'll vote for it because it's better than nothing right?
They write these bills in collusion with future dispensary owners, LEO and politicians.
Form them it's about the money they and their cronies will make. They are writing all the new laws to exclude home growing, or severely restrict it.

I wish I could tell you how to go about changing that before this bill gets approved for the ballot, i guess it's already too late.

Medical was a bad idea for common smokers, it's cementing the 'drug' aspect of pot that we worked so hard to dispell over the years, in the minds of everyone. And 'drugs' need to be regulated to the hilt.

Should have just went for legal/decrim.

But, make the best of it, maybe you can get a job growing or trimming at the local disp. for 8-11 bucks an hour, while the boss makes a million a month. That's my new goal here in AZ.

CannaSavant

It is amazing the amount of disinformation going around Florida. Everyone cashing in on "Education" at this juncture in time. I find it like High Comedy (pun intended). Can;t wait for the 30-year Florida "Established Nurseries" to take on Cannabis Growing from their perspective of Tomato and Cucumber Growing. Some May actually do the homework necessary to get it done, or partner up wisely, most will flail in abject arrogance which has humbled many a grower.

see that was for the cbd bill. I dont see many of those places jumping into the arena and risking everything theyve done over the last 30 years till feds reschedule it. plant numbers and gross income could put them at risk for severe punishment with feds. already most face 5-40 years for x amount of plants but grossing 20 million or more in a 12 month period could get you the death penalty.

rules will come after the vote seeing how the other bills that laid out policy didnt go anywhere during last session. its a wait and see game. but trust me. florida will fuck it up somehow.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
the below quote was from united for care.org in the news section.....'Medical Marijuana - what does it mean for Fla'

"...If chosen by lottery, a company has 30 days to pay $150,000 for a license and post a $5 million performance bond. The company then has 120 days to dispense medicine or lose its license..."

120d to dispense medicine.........sprout seed or start rooted/unrooted cut / veg / flower / dry, cure / extract / package for sale / dispense medicine.

i think they already fucked it up.

peace

CannaSavant

the below quote was from united for care.org in the news section.....'Medical Marijuana - what does it mean for Fla'

"...If chosen by lottery, a company has 30 days to pay $150,000 for a license and post a $5 million performance bond. The company then has 120 days to dispense medicine or lose its license..."

120d to dispense medicine.........sprout seed or start rooted/unrooted cut / veg / flower / dry, cure / extract / package for sale / dispense medicine.

i think they already fucked it up.

peace

isnt that just for the cbd bill?

Morcheeba*

Veteran
yes, its fucked up'd for those who could benefit from low THC cannabis in the event Amendment 2 doesnt pass.

i hope the ones to draft the regulations for Amendment 2 will get enlightened that a similar provision will be counter-productive to what is trying to be done.....provide safe access to cannabis as medicine.

peace

CannaSavant

I know first had if they try the same provision of 30 years for amendment 2 there will be a lawsuit filed. Ive seen the draft.

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
With regulations that tight/expensive the FL industry will be very nearly State run with private owners. Get your $2mil lined up now. That's what it will cost to get licensed, bonded, facility finishing and meds in 120 days. Not to mention all the pricey facility security requirements that are yet to be disclosed. With the 2mil you will still be a little guy. I foresee lots of "in pocket" type dispensary owners in FL rubbing elbows with politicians and alike to get their stores opened up. Oh ya and that 5mil bond! Any bonding agency will charge between 100-500k annually for that piece of paper that will be required.

Last edited:

Morcheeba*

Veteran
if anything they should put a state residency requirement in place but restricting competition is no good imo.

peace

Sodium Sunburn

Currently the 150K fee (And 5mil bond) is for CBD oil manufacturers, in relation to the Charlotte's Web bill, along with a requirement for being a nursery in business for 30 + years. You can thank the alcoholic Matt Gaetz in south FL for those restrictions.

Currently amendment 2 regulations are up in the air, anything that you will hear in relation to it will strictly be speculation at this point. What's bothersome is that there are activist groups that know more, yet, they are keeping the information private, probably in an effort to jump the gun.

I am hearing that the possible fees for amendment 2 will be inline with what was placed for the CBD bill (using it as precedence). But, it all really depends on what the FL DOH determines post Nov 4th assuming it passes.

I can say this: If it does turn out to be a high fee, there will be a group lawsuit filed, we are already gearing up for this if required.

Florida has a history of favoring the rich and making sure that competition is kept to minimum, if they do so, they will have to answer for their choices based on obstruction of constitutional intent.

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
competition is kept to minimum, if they do so, they will have to answer for their choices based on obstruction of constitutional intent.

Most likely wrong about that statement. Lawmakers/politicians will not be answering to anyone for any obstruction/intent. They want medical marijuana in FL. Just want it done their way, while still appeasing the will of the people. Just because a "normal" person won't be able to afford or potentially have the "established background" to start up such ventures. Does not mean they are running askew from constitutional intent. The "intent" of FL is medical marijuana. As long as the state allows that to whatever degree. Mission accomplished in their minds and quite frankly the voting public as well. The only people that will care about the details are little guys that it affects.

I currently live in CO and my family is in FL. The CO constitutional amendments 20 and 64 that govern medical and recreational marijuana in CO are being overridden and outright violated everyday by cities and counties. Let's not forget the hierarchy of all government. In theory, the smallest municipality has the greatest control. All these proposed fees and what not are for the STATE only. IF your city/county allows some degree of med marijuana. Expect hefty licensing fees and additional regulation requirements there. No one in CO has ever challenged the cities/counties/state intent. It's sadly a very expensive loosing battle the normal guy won't challenge. Meanwhile, the rich don't care because none of these regulations will affect them and most don't have any personal interest in the industry itself. %90 of cities and counties in CO have already outright banned medical and/or recreational marijuana or are in long standing moratoriums. CO is not quite as liberal as most perceive.

Last edited:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
It is a true Vulture convention in FL right now. I opted out of the festivities for now.

The chances that some of the 5 fortunate ones will have crop failures are high. Can't
wait to read about that.. This is shaping up to be a titanic joke. The way the lawmakers are trying to control everything, while making MMJ a "Reality." Only voting for it, to save their jobs.

CannaSavant

It is a true Vulture convention in FL right now. I opted out of the festivities for now.

The chances that some of the 5 fortunate ones will have crop failures are high. Can't
wait to read about that.. This is shaping up to be a titanic joke. The way the lawmakers are trying to control everything, while making MMJ a "Reality." Only voting for it, to save their jobs.

im waiting for them to realize the limits they put on thc blows up in their face. .9 and they have to destroy the crop. did someone not tell them the plant doesnt always produce the same levels everytime?

ghost0g

im in florida and the meds coming in gainesville are shitty moldy still not flushed right basicly toxic meds we have no option in the matter but to buy the bullshit but i feel like im killin myself paying like 280 300 a zip i need a caregiver or i need to move but i cant now i know need o move

Sodium Sunburn

Most likely wrong about that statement. Lawmakers/politicians will not be answering to anyone for any obstruction/intent. They want medical marijuana in FL. Just want it done their way, while still appeasing the will of the people. Just because a "normal" person won't be able to afford or potentially have the "established background" to start up such ventures. Does not mean they are running askew from constitutional intent. The "intent" of FL is medical marijuana. As long as the state allows that to whatever degree. Mission accomplished in their minds and quite frankly the voting public as well. The only people that will care about the details are little guys that it affects.

I currently live in CO and my family is in FL. The CO constitutional amendments 20 and 64 that govern medical and recreational marijuana in CO are being overridden and outright violated everyday by cities and counties. Let's not forget the hierarchy of all government. In theory, the smallest municipality has the greatest control. All these proposed fees and what not are for the STATE only. IF your city/county allows some degree of med marijuana. Expect hefty licensing fees and additional regulation requirements there. No one in CO has ever challenged the cities/counties/state intent. It's sadly a very expensive loosing battle the normal guy won't challenge. Meanwhile, the rich don't care because none of these regulations will affect them and most don't have any personal interest in the industry itself. %90 of cities and counties in CO have already outright banned medical and/or recreational marijuana or are in long standing moratoriums. CO is not quite as liberal as most perceive.

I understand what you are saying, however me and my partners along with about 15 other people are willing to do what it takes. And, I am sure that there are many others across the state.

The thing you are overlooking is what is clearly written in the amendment language. It clearly states that regulations must be reasonable to ensure availability. Florida's supreme court will most likely rule in favor of this if it hits their desks, as opposed to our state legislature, the SC judges are fairly liberal.

If they use the bullshit Charlotte's Web regulations as precedence, it is already entirely evident that these regulations are not reasonable by any means (as voiced repeatedly, even by qualifying nurseries). Furthermore, when the final laws are laid down by the DOH for Charlotte's Web and it turns out that only 1-2 nursery's actually bite the bullet and attempt to comply it will even further illustrate how outlandish the regulations are.

SoSour

I can tell you, the "little guy" will not be obtaining any type of dispensing or growing license in florida if the constitutional amendment passes. Unless you are, or partnered up with someone who has 7-figures on hand, you won't have a seat at the table, period.

DRgreenThumb84

That's why we have to make our own table and exclude the vultures.
P.S.
I hear that they r attaching anti abortion laws to the proposed amendment for FL. Anyone have more news on this?

monsoon

FYI...the Constitutional Amendments in CO that allow med and rec also allow the counties to choose whether or not they want the commercial side of the equation in their area. Nobody is overriding anything, the same law that gives possession/grow rights also states that the counties/towns have the right to opt out of allowing canna business.

However, they cannot opt out of allowing folks to grow/possess in their homes.

Good luck florida