What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Funny Pictures Are Funny

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
HEALTH%2B%25281%2529.jpg

RMS

:smoweed:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
It isn't about a bit of water. It's about some arrogant goof blocking traffic, not moving over or giving a fuck about anyone else and flipping them off. Cyclist deserved to have his bike crushed. You can't just take up the road you want just because you're on a bike. That's dumb.

got a local road race on country loop near here. 99% of those folks (many ride year round) give you room to pass, but...there are a threesome that think it is fun to ride abreast on a (barely) two-lane road & have to be forced over every single time i run across them. do i want to hurt one of them? nope. will i cry if they all tangle up & end up in the blackberry briers along the road? fuck no...:laughing:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
lol.
I live on a beautiful very wide paved rural road with great hills and trees for about 40km (20 miles). Bike clubs love it. They go by in packs of 50-100 all summer long. I've seen cyclists squeeze in and shuffle two/three wide when traffic approaches. They share the road. This weekend 2 packs of at least 50 motorcycles rolled by with a guy pulling up the rear with a flagged tail. I think it's awesome.

But when I see cyclists tempting fate in the city (especially winter) I think they get what comes to them. I mean... No harm comes to those who consent to it right? If you're going to take on a truck or car on a busy city road, and think you can just because you're a cyclist, the cops should take your bike away. The law here states that when you pass a bike, you have to give them 3 feet. That's cool and I'm ok with that. But the minute you start throwing shit at vehicles because you want to ride in the middle of a lane, you should be taken out.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
lol.

But when I see cyclists tempting fate in the city (especially winter) I think they get what comes to them.

we "had" a rider here in town that refused to EVER get out of the center of the lane. by God it was HIS lane & you could pass in the other lane. problem being, many of "his" routes were double-lined, no passing. last time i saw him, he was lying on a stretcher as ambulance folks worked on him...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ah the internet,there's always lots of people who have an opinion about something they have no experience with...

as a full time cycle commuter i can assure you you're opinions about cyclist on the road would change drastically if you ever stepped out of the safety and comfort of your rolling living rooms...