What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Funny Pictures Are Funny

I love to park my car on the beach and watch night storms coming ashore. Best fireworks show from Mother you can see. It's like an approaching artillery front with advancing forces. Freaky and with a little imagination, a glimpse of what a WW2 soldier would have experienced.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3qigyWZ.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I love to park my car on the beach and watch night storms coming ashore. Best fireworks show from Mother you can see. It's like an approaching artillery front with advancing forces. Freaky and with a little imagination, a glimpse of what a WW2 soldier would have experienced.

you need to ride out a tornado. sat through one in 'bama last spring. it was lightning so fast that the entire sky looked like hundreds of giant strobe lights as the storm approached. frightening, but beautiful...:woohoo:

Bobby Boucher

I was doing an install for Bose at a target in Moore, OK when the big one hit 4-5 years back. Super not recommended.

Still wasn’t as terrifying as running from invisible tornados in the dark plains in the middle of fuckin nowhere.

My poor truck looks like a golf cart at a driving range.

Tornados can eat a bag of dicks.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
One of my favorite childhood memories was going down to the beach for one last look at the waves before evacuating an approaching hurricane.

The sky was gray and the surf was rough and as far out on the horizon that you could see including North and South, the sea was packed with fins heading North, a once-in-a-lifetime experience, a super pod of dolphins.:tiphat:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
you need to ride out a tornado. sat through one in 'bama last spring. it was lightning so fast that the entire sky looked like hundreds of giant strobe lights as the storm approached. frightening, but beautiful...:woohoo:
Never experienced a tornado but I'd shit at the thought of a couplea minutes or less that one has to react to a potentially deadly situation .. we've been thru the last 3 hurricanes here in FL, once spent ??? 30 minutes ? maybe 15 but seemed like an eternity in the eye of one of them.. dead calm and silence knowing the the other half of the hurricane is coming soon... tornadoes though, youre right "frightening".. earthquakes can be heart pounding as well..

I've never been a witness to a tornado but came close once where a decent clear autumn sky turned the darkest I've seen during the daytime, temps dropped, winds whipped up, hail falling. I was young with my wife and little ones one the highway heading north. A twister didn't develop but I certainly had my eyes peeled for rotation. Moved on as fast as it appeared.

You ocean side dwellers have my respect. The tsunami coverage in Japan was the most biblical level destruction I have ever witnessed.

Bobby Boucher

Every time I see the ocean, I feel disoriented by the sheer force and mass of it all.

I always wondered what kind of influence that has on the oceansiders’ personalities. Especially the islanders..

:fright: