What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Funny Nepal Jam Fem

Woodsman11

I am growing a Nepal Jam indoors under Led
lighting, with lights on for 12 hours, and off for 12 hours. It has been growing since 1/30/24 making it about 12 weeks since it sprouted.
Now what I don't understand is why it is flowering already? It is growing great, and has huge fan leaves, but why flower with no change in photoperiod, and the fact it's only 12 weeks old?
Woodsman11

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome @Woodsman11 :) thanks for your support!

As @exoticrobotic correctly pointed out, you need to provide for growth stage a longer photoperiod (typically 18 hours of light per day), then switch to 12/12 to start flowering stage.

If you started Nepal Jam from seed at 12/12 photoperiod, she will start to flower after reach sexual maturity, approx 2 months of life in case of Nepal Jam.

I had a Nepal Jam fem begin flowering under 24 hour light, it ended up being a stunted stunner. It had the beginnings of a main cola at 35 days from sprouting.

Woodsman11

Thanks exoticrobotic, Dubi, and 5alamander, for your input on the Nepal Jam.
This is only my second grow of regular feminised plants, with the other grown during summer. Been growing Auto flowers mostly, so your help is appreciated!
Woodsman11

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I had a Nepal Jam fem begin flowering under 24 hour light, it ended up being a stunted stunner. It had the beginnings of a main cola at 35 days from sprouting.

Did it happen when the plant was rootbound ? Nepal Jam early flowering phenos, especially males, may semi-autoflower indoors when rootbound and under low light intensity.

Did it happen when the plant was rootbound ? Nepal Jam early flowering phenos, especially males, may semi-autoflower indoors when rootbound and under low light intensity.
Possibly carrying some stress from before transplant, but it was in a 2 gallon pot and probably only grew 35cm tall by the end of flower. I would love to find another like it!

Latest posts

Latest posts