What's new

Fungal Teas During Flowering

Let's think about it in terms of what the bacteria and fungi actually do with your macronutrients in the soil, especially nitrogen and phosphorus:

Earthworm castings are rich in microbes and bacteria that "cycle" nitrogen from organic forms (amino acids, urea, etc.) to mineral forms ammonium and then nitrate. To me, this screams veg. with organic N fertilizers or urea. Of course it is irrelevant if you're using a nitrate fertilizer.

Compost AKA Humus Soil is rich in fungi and microbes that cycle soil phosphorus. This would be important if you're using organic forms of phosphorus; again it is fairly irrelevant for growers using phosphoric acid fertilizer. A side note, mycorrhizal fungi will not associate with plant roots in a high P environment, and species in the Cannabaceae family have particularly poor affinity with AM fungi, so don't waste your time with these.

I start with a bacteria heavy tea once or twice during veg. Once I flip to flower, I give them fungal-dominant tea once or twice. I recommend you do the same :)

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's think about it in terms of what the bacteria and fungi actually do with your macronutrients in the soil, especially nitrogen and phosphorus:

Earthworm castings are rich in microbes and bacteria that "cycle" nitrogen from organic forms (amino acids, urea, etc.) to mineral forms ammonium and then nitrate. To me, this screams veg. with organic N fertilizers or urea. Of course it is irrelevant if you're using a nitrate fertilizer.

Compost AKA Humus Soil is rich in fungi and microbes that cycle soil phosphorus. This would be important if you're using organic forms of phosphorus; again it is fairly irrelevant for growers using phosphoric acid fertilizer. A side note, mycorrhizal fungi will not associate with plant roots in a high P environment, and species in the Cannabaceae family have particularly poor affinity with AM fungi, so don't waste your time with these.

I start with a bacteria heavy tea once or twice during veg. Once I flip to flower, I give them fungal-dominant tea once or twice. I recommend you do the same :)

This makes no sense. What do you mean by 'microbes and bacteria'?
Bacteria are microbes, as are fungi. Where is your evidence for
species in the Cannabaceae family have particularly poor affinity with AM fungi, so don't waste your time with these.

You may have an argument from hemp farmers who have been successfully inoculating their seeds with Glomus Intraradices for years.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'd argue it if i were the argumentive type still

certain amount of IDGAf factors in as well ~you can lead a horse to water & all that

natefrog

Mm I'm sure you know this, but Dr Ingham at Oregon State has recommended cutting molasses in carbs out completely for fungal dominant teas . She recommends humic acids and kelp only, fungal dominant compost / humus, with a longer brew of 3 to 5 days to replicate fungi, using much agitation of the bag to break the hyphae loose. My outdoor crop this year was constantly covered above and below with these teas..... and I took them to Halloween at 45n almost flawlessly........ what an amazing and perfect system the Creator has gifted us with!

Latest posts

Latest posts