What's new

Fulvic acid to lower the PH of silica/water solution?

kukac

I know that the PH of water/silica should be lowered first, and then mixed with other additives.
I won't be adding anything but PH-, and as the title asks, can I use fulvic acid to lower the PH of the silica/water solution

Thanks

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Fulvic acid will lower the PH but if you're trying to lower a high PH solution you will require a lot of Fulvic acid to do so. This will slow down the plants development at high doses. Have you tried vinegar or Vit C to lower ?

kukac

Thanks @skunkfunk

Actually, the situation is like this
I mixed a test solution of silica and water. I lowered the PH to about 7. Then I added the recommended amount of fulvic acid. The obtained PH was too low

Second test
I directly poured fulvic acid into the silica/water solution. The obtained PH was again low

I read that the pH of the water/silica solution should be lowered first, and then mixed with other additives, nutrients...Is fulvic acid one of those additives?

Or can I freely add the necessary amount of fulvic acid to get a good PH

Bio boy

Thanks @skunkfunk

Actually, the situation is like this
I mixed a test solution of silica and water. I lowered the PH to about 7. Then I added the recommended amount of fulvic acid. The obtained PH was too low

Second test
I directly poured fulvic acid into the silica/water solution. The obtained PH was again low

I read that the pH of the water/silica solution should be lowered first, and then mixed with other additives, nutrients...Is fulvic acid one of those additives?

Or can I freely add the necessary amount of fulvic acid to get a good PH
Fulvic acid are generally 6%suspended in water so the appoint of acid will not alter anything much
silica though I’ve been informed isn’t organic and not Needed in organic soils if that’s a concern
horsetail beans beer and other plants contain it naturally