What's new

Fulvic Acid in California....

globel

So my local hydro shop cant carry anything that has fulvic on the label any more... And I cant find any shop in the area.... My hydro guy said to use diamond nectar.

So my question is... does diamond nectar contain fulvic acid?

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
weak, luckily theres no shortage of lysergic acid diethylamide in california. then there would be real problems.

J

*Journeyman*

Basically Cali ,and from what I understand OR followed suit, will not allow products on the shelf with a claim of fulvic acid. This is in part because the powers to be feel there is no acceptable test for fulvic acid. I'm sure this will change in a few years and a few groups working behind the scenes as a consortium to get things cleaned up. There is a test many consider the best but not but not accepted across the board. I talked to an ag testing lab in Cali that's been around for like 40 years and they will test for humics and told me if I could supply them with a solid test for fulvics they'd be all ears.

As for Diamond Nectar forget that stuff. The best fulvic product out there is BioAg's Full Power Humic. Disregard the 'Humic' part on the label cause it's loaded with fulvic. Buy some DN and some FPH and take a look at the color of each...lol. You'll never touch DN again! Another thing is BioAg is the only company using a slow cold bacterial fermentation process to make the product. Virtually everyone else uses and alkali/acid extraction process which dramatically denatures the acids. What you are actually getting are humic and fulvic salts and not humic and fulvic acids. There's a shitload of humic/fulvic powder that comes in from China and very cheap but the stuff is crap. BioAg also makes a powder humic product but not from an alkali/acid extraction or bacterial ferment process :D. Another thing to keep in mind about powders is if high heat is used in the drying, which most probably due because it is simple and inexpensive, the fulvic acids especially will agglomerate and pretty much become useless. Stick with products from BioAg. For their powder look at TM-7.

Dank-j

..You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to *Journeyman* again.

Dude, you know your sh!t, thanks for that bioAG FPH product.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Basically Cali ,and from what I understand OR followed suit, will not allow products on the shelf with a claim of fulvic acid. This is in part because the powers to be feel there is no acceptable test for fulvic acid. I'm sure this will change in a few years and a few groups working behind the scenes as a consortium to get things cleaned up. There is a test many consider the best but not but not accepted across the board. I talked to an ag testing lab in Cali that's been around for like 40 years and they will test for humics and told me if I could supply them with a solid test for fulvics they'd be all ears.

As for Diamond Nectar forget that stuff. The best fulvic product out there is BioAg's Full Power Humic. Disregard the 'Humic' part on the label cause it's loaded with fulvic. Buy some DN and some FPH and take a look at the color of each...lol. You'll never touch DN again! Another thing is BioAg is the only company using a slow cold bacterial fermentation process to make the product. Virtually everyone else uses and alkali/acid extraction process which dramatically denatures the acids. What you are actually getting are humic and fulvic salts and not humic and fulvic acids. There's a shitload of humic/fulvic powder that comes in from China and very cheap but the stuff is crap. BioAg also makes a powder humic product but not from an alkali/acid extraction or bacterial ferment process :D. Another thing to keep in mind about powders is if high heat is used in the drying, which most probably due because it is simple and inexpensive, the fulvic acids especially will agglomerate and pretty much become useless. Stick with products from BioAg. For their powder look at TM-7.

he knows what hes talking about...........

J

*Journeyman*

Ha ha...thanx y'all :tiphat:

One thing I want to add is in soil applications you'll find something like Micromate from Mesa Verde resources MANY times more active than conventional humic/fulvic products and also less expensive. Micromate is a micronized form of humic 'ore' and know someone who's tested such a product in large scale agriculture against conventional humic/fulvic extracts to prove this out. BioAg's products rock but for the more back-to-basics type grower the micronized version should be fantastic. Can even work well as a foliar but in an application like that I'd rather go with FPH!

I got my hands on a whole humate product I think might be a KILLER addition to a hydro enviro, not Micromate cause this one is a liquid, and gonna give to a few peeps I know to test so we'll see. Should add something to a typical hydro setup that's 'missing'.

BTW - Dr. Faust at BioAg developed a proprietary low temp drying process for his powders so no worries there.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
BTW - Dr. Faust at BioAg developed a proprietary low temp drying process for his powders so no worries there.
*Journeyman*

It may be just a 'West Coast' deal for right now but Down-To-Earth is now carrying a couple of BioAg.com's dried humic acid products as well as their 'golden liquid humic acid' (called fulvic acid anywhere other than Oregon & California as you pointed out).

The prices are very fair - a gallon of the fulvic acid is around $48.00 and the rate of application is 1 oz. per gallon of water for a soil soak and 1/2 oz. for foliar application.

HTH

CC

Disclaimer: I've been a customer of BioAg for over 3 years. Very solid scientists without the 'grow store agenda' - people with integrity producing what I feel are some of the best humic/fulvic acids available. YMMV

J

*Journeyman*

I like Down-To-Earth with their reasonable prices, solid quality and compostable boxes printed with soy inks.

I'm playing with a different use for BioAg's powder and nothing to do with plants. Gotta keep myself entertained somehow ;)

Getting a new (revised formula) sample of the whole (kind of) humic ore product for hydro and will have some friends test it out so we'll see.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I like Down-To-Earth with their reasonable prices, solid quality and compostable boxes printed with soy inks.

I'm playing with a different use for BioAg's powder and nothing to do with plants. Gotta keep myself entertained somehow ;)

Getting a new (revised formula) sample of the whole (kind of) humic ore product for hydro and will have some friends test it out so we'll see.
*Journeyman*

Back several months, BioAg offered a product called 'fossilized kelp meal' which they no longer offer on their web site.

Still - a phone call to Ryan might help you in getting some of this product.

Interesting if nothing else.

CC

Agrilogic

Journeyman you are spot on my friend. If anyone wants more info on the registration issues with fulvic acid check out this article from Max Yield:

http://www.maximumyield.com/article_sh_db.php?articleID=492&yearVar=2009&issueVar=October

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
CC are you referring to the CytoPlus product?
Agrilogic

No - I'm familiar with that product.

When they did carry the fossilized seaweed product, it wasn't listed under the agriculture products' page but it was under the human health section (or something like that).

No big deal - it just sounded interesting.

CC

Agrilogic

Ha ha...thanx y'all :tiphat:

One thing I want to add is in soil applications you'll find something like Micromate from Mesa Verde resources MANY times more active than conventional humic/fulvic products and also less expensive. Micromate is a micronized form of humic 'ore' and know someone who's tested such a product in large scale agriculture against conventional humic/fulvic extracts to prove this out.

Sorry Journeyman but I have to disagree with you here unless you are strictly speaking of outdoor cultivation then I will still contest the comment about being more active. Raw ore will only fractionate off small amounts of fulvic during irrigation and rain and this is highly dependent on soil physics and more importantly biological activity of the indigenous soil microbial community. So if we are talking about indoor cultivation the Micromate will just be starting to break down when people are almost getting ready to harvest and outdoors would be best to apply several months before you even plant.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I second bioag, CC told me about it a while back, and I have to say I feel it's worth the price tag..

NoRest

FlavorFul from Humboldt Nutrients is sold as a "Humic acid derivative"

Its an 8% fulvic acid, rich and dark

run about $30 a gallon

I add an 3ml per gallon