What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Full moon seed germination

Weedwell

I put my seeds in a jar full of tap water. Put em outside under a full moon. Then the next day I place them between two moist paper towels inside two plates on top of a light fixture, and magic happens. Seeds germinate and life can continue.

Anyone else wait for a full moon to get down on some seeds? Or is it just some hippy dippy nonsense?

Its not hippy dippy nothing lol moon cycles are as much rhythmic to flora and fauna as an orchestra is to its conductor.

On a full moon, several myths are true. One being, plants will hold more water internally on a full moon, same with seeds, so be careful they do not drown!

rexamus616

Veteran
I put my seeds in a jar full of tap water. Put em outside under a full moon. Then the next day I place them between two moist paper towels inside two plates on top of a light fixture, and magic happens. Seeds germinate and life can continue.

Anyone else wait for a full moon to get down on some seeds? Or is it just some hippy dippy nonsense?

try the exact same method on the new moon, and see if there is a difference.....

I'd like to think it makes a difference, but i know that seeds will germinate without the moons help.

Would a seed in the wild wait for a full moon?

midwestkid

Veteran
I've been having germination troubles lately. The seeds will crack and barely show a tail then stall out. Anyone had this problem before? Any tips?
I recently added a little bit of peroxide to the equation and it seemed to wake things up.
But getting back to the full moon subject... I'm attempting to crack these same old seeds now with this big full moon in affect. I will report back if I notice any significant germination success

Lunar cycles are observed in a traditional sense that it is dependent upon the crop being an above ground type for the waxing and planting seed. Waning moon for the sowing of crop harvested for the root. It's no mythical tale or hippies practice, even though the modern world tends to think impractical in regards to lunar gardening, no different than the gardener that observed the zodiac signs that the moon was in, with each dictating different procedures and tasks moonthly...

midwestkid

Veteran
I had success. I've been soaking the seeds in water and adding peroxide. 24 to 48 hours. Waiting for a tail to emerge, then into seed starter under 24 hours light.
In the past I had been using the wet paper towel method, so this is a change for me.
This seems to be working better for me.
Anyways that's that. Just thought I'd report back. I guess I'd have to try again now that it's not a full moon to see if results worsened. Who knows

OkThen

I didn't want to start a new thread but, I have a question.
My understanding is to plant on a new moon (tomorrow).

Do folks recommend germinating and aim for putting in soil in the new moon, or start germination on the New Moon ??

RudeDog

Veteran
I didn't want to start a new thread but, I have a question.
My understanding is to plant on a new moon (tomorrow).

Do folks recommend germinating and aim for putting in soil in the new moon, or start germination on the New Moon ??

I believe cannabis should be sown when the moon is waxing and in either Gemini, Libra or Aquarius. These are flower days and we want to grow flowers.

From April 25th 7.20 GMT and up to April 27th 17.28 GMT would be your best days for germing some beans. The day of the New Moon is for relaxing.

Take cuttings a couple of days before a Full Moon for rapid rooting.

Latest posts

Latest posts