What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fucking "Three-A-Light"...smh..

Bobby Boucher

Notable amazon reviews..

..For example, one line says 'put your soil in the pot' but does not mention anything about the type of medium specifications... Potting soil from Home Depot could be interpreted as 'soil' and only an experienced grower would understand not to use that..

..Concepts that we understand well, he puts into a rule as opposed to explaining why it is or what the outside limits and parameters are for any given information. Simply stating that humidity should be 55% is over-simplistic and not really teaching anything...

..The English grammar and general language are not even academic. Better idea: Watch their 2 minute promo video in slow/stop motion for the veg pruning and "schwazze" method. Cut all fan leaves off on first day of flowering till it looks like their video, same for week 3 and trellis/cage plants for support.. ..Everything else; cloning, temp, CO2 levels, humidity are common knowledge. This book is hype. These guys are robbing naive people. Take it from me, I have the money to waste..

Bobby Boucher

Those are reviews that I found notable. There are plenty of people with positive reviews.. I think the book actually carried a 4 star rating, but considering it's a $500 picture book, I would think that most, if not all of the positive reviews are planted. I can see how somebody who buys this book to learn how to grow might very much appreciate its quality pictures and binding, but to someone who has already been through the mill, there doesn't seem to be very much substance at all.

Being a naive fool, who has already been scammed a zillion times, I like to think that I've learned to spot the bullshit. These people think that their defoliation method is worth selling at $500 a ticket, because there doesn't seem to be anything else in that book that hasn't already been beaten to death. That's not exactly a scam, but it's what I'd like to call "rip-off". Simply un-Amurican.

Not to mention, if somebody told me "55% rh or gtfo" without rhyme or reason I would just tip my hat and ignore them, because in my experience, that's a very shortsighted and gross over-simplification of rh.

Bobby Boucher

If I was both uncharitable and rich as f*ck, I would buy it for my coffee table. Saying whether it "is" or "isn't" worth $500 clearly depends on who you are talking to. I shouldn't say it "isn't" worth $500, or that I wouldn't be eager to rip off the same jackwads myself. It is what it is.. an over-simplified $500 marijuana grow book. Probably the highest quality cannabis cultivation book you can buy in terms of photo's and binding, but based on the reviews, it seems very lacking in content. Just my 2 cents.

It would be worth 500 bucks if the cover was made of hash. More and better information on IC and others for free!! Coffee table book for wannabe noobs IMO. Ya know what P.T. Barnum said...............

rykus

Veg time makes it 1.2 -1.5 a light in my world... cool two crops a year and a friggin labourbill the size of a third world government... no thanks, lol..

Cannabologist

Veteran
MY secret tech, is to use magic weed fairies. Actually magic mushroom vampire dragon marijuana cat weed fairies.

They're sexy and delicious!

I purchased the book out of curiosity. Nothing earth-shattering to share. After 12 years of commercial cultivation, I sincerely doubt the author was achieving 3 pounds plus per light. Key elements were missing in the narrative, along with pictures during certain milestones. To summarize the book...defloration technique being deployed throughout the growing life cycle. Important to note that not all varietals enjoy this intense pruning method.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
i wish i was rich enough to be curious to the tune of $500 a pop. so some leaf pulling and a lot of keeping your fingers crossed. why dont i ever come up with these million dollar ideas?