What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fruits from the wild: Breeding with pure sativas Mextiza and Ghana

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi Carraxe, maybe you can flush the jack here mextiza before you cut them? Hopefully you have enough space for the Mextizas, would love to see them grow.

The fermented Mextiza look like a delicious puck!

How did you do the fermentation process, like Tangwena (Malawi Style Cob Curing)?

I made my own method. It isn't as traditional as Malawi Style but it is easier. I posted it in another post: (C&P)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Hi
Best way I've found, you use drying weed and no heat at all.

You harvest normally and hang the plants to dry. After 4-5 days of drying at 60-70% RH or 3-4 at 50% RH you take the stems and leaves out and press all the weed into any container that allows you to apply pressure.

I use a mason jar with a piece of wood and the leg of the bed to do the pressing. After that you just close the jar, put it in a dark and fresh place and wait for some days.

3 days is the minimum. I've done up to 2 weeks and I got really black strong shit. 3 days appears to be a little incomplete, but you can still have some of the original green weed smell.

It is nice to use mason jars because you can see if the mould is growing. It shouldn't.

After some days, you take it out and separe and extend the buds for a proper airing and drying. After some few days of drying it should be ready.

The pressure breaks the plant's cells and mixes all plant fluids with the smashed trichomes. It should help to avoid mould growing.

If you try this, don't use all you weed for the first run
wink.gif

Good luck.
[/FONT]"

It comes from this thread.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=247378&page=3

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
This is one of the Mextizas I'm discarding for breeding. Anyway, she's got nice shiny buds after less than 8 weeks flowering.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Now the pressed fermented Mextiza looks better after 3 drying days. Color is darker and smell is very nice. It weighted 41.8 grams when I took it out to dry and now it weights 18.3. If the weight doesn't change in the next two days I'll consider it dry and I'll place it in storage for a month. After that it will be fire.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
This is a picture of one of the tips of the Senegal after 6 weeks flowering. They look very good now that I've reduced feeding, and they show an incredible amount of glands everywhere.

And this one is the seeded Senegal Angola. 5 weeks have passed since pollination, and I will harvest this one in a week to be sure that all of them are mature. Looks like I'll have a lot of seeds.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Some of the Mextiza Rebuilt. They look as expected, and the internodes are very short under COBs. I'll flower them as soon as I can, in a couple of weeks if I'm lucky.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I'm fermenting the Angola Senegal I cut some days ago. In a week I'll unfold it and press again.

I believe that pressing makes the weed denser, so a joint can house more weed in the same size.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
These are the descendants of the Mexican a sailor brought. One of the finest I've ever smoked. The smell is nothing like an indica, so I bet they come from Mextiza pollen. I'll take cuts of both just in case some is as good as the mother.

This was the Mexican after some days drying. Very leafy and authentic sativa.

Cheers

Tangwena

Veteran
Now the pressed fermented Mextiza looks better after 3 drying days. Color is darker and smell is very nice. It weighted 41.8 grams when I took it out to dry and now it weights 18.3. If the weight doesn't change in the next two days I'll consider it dry and I'll place it in storage for a month. After that it will be fire.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42699&pictureid=1899774View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42699&pictureid=1899775View Image

Cheers
Awesome cure my friend after clicking on the picture for a close look you have some wonderful colors there.
I can only imagine the aromas but the colors tell the story.

Tangwena

Veteran
These are the descendants of the Mexican a sailor brought. One of the finest I've ever smoked. The smell is nothing like an indica, so I bet they come from Mextiza pollen. I'll take cuts of both just in case some is as good as the mother.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74972&pictureid=1902302View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74972&pictureid=1902303View Image

This was the Mexican after some days drying. Very leafy and authentic sativa.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74972&pictureid=1840362View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74972&pictureid=1840364View Image

Cheers
As you said very authentic looking buds keep them close.

Carraxe

Veteran
Awesome cure my friend after clicking on the picture for a close look you have some wonderful colors there.
I can only imagine the aromas but the colors tell the story.

Hello @Tangwena.
Nice to see you around. I've read your posts about malawi cobs, so I've started fermenting weed the same way I used to do, but now I've started to use the cob shape... they look better than pressed in a mason jar.

Have a nice day

Tangwena

Veteran
Hello @Tangwena.
Nice to see you around. I've read your posts about malawi cobs, so I've started fermenting weed the same way I used to do, but now I've started to use the cob shape... they look better than pressed in a mason jar.

Have a nice day
Very nice technique the results speak for themselves. Hats off to my friend.

Carraxe

Veteran
That's how the fermented Mextiza looks. I cut the brick in quarters and now it is very easy to shred with the fingers, and take pieces into the grinder. Now it is hard, some pieces look like wood, and must be grinded properly.

I couldn't resist and I started smoking it. It burns fantastically well, and when left over the desk it doesn't take humidity from the air like normal unpressed bud. It looks like a piece of wood and its smoke is dense and aromatic. Increased material hardness causes a better grinding, and thanks to good grinding, it burns in a very regular, slow way. . It tastes good for just a couple of weeks of curing, but it will become better in days to come.

I love fermenting sativas. I don't think this one will last enough to make any comparison over time, but I understand that what I love, others can hate. Smell has nothing to do with mainstream bud smell.

Cheers

G

Looks delicious! :)I love how you like to dedicate equally to indicas and sativas!
So you started smoking again?I remember you were a mighty user.

Carraxe

Veteran
Looks delicious! :)I love how you like to dedicate equally to indicas and sativas!
So you started smoking again?I remember you were a mighty user.

Yes! I still use the Mighty sometimes but nothing is easier to use than a joint. No battery charge, no heating time, no cleaning, no sticky pieces floating in solvents, etc. And for some reason, Mighty made me cough more than anything. I should try to use it more, but there is another thing: I think that the effect with indicas is not the same.

Now you remind me, I'm going to put some fermented mextiza into the Mighty.

Have a nice day

G

You're right bro,I use butane vapes or desktop vapes to get the stoned effect,it has to do with the temp mighty can get and the speed of extraction.
I also coughed a lot with the mighty when I was also smoking at the same period and the first couple of months I stopped.
I bet the mextiza will be a tropical treat in the vape.:tiphat:
Have a great week man!

Carraxe

Veteran
You're right bro,I use butane vapes or desktop vapes to get the stoned effect,it has to do with the temp mighty can get and the speed of extraction.
I also coughed a lot with the mighty when I was also smoking at the same period and the first couple of months I stopped.
I bet the mextiza will be a tropical treat in the vape.:tiphat:
Have a great week man!

I always use it on max temperature, I don't want to miss anything!. I just noticed that the flavor of the fermented weed is the same as the unfermented one. Curious. I suppose the volatile compounds stay the same.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I've had a look in the tent. The crazy Senegal Black is slow but very nice to watch. Lots of resin and beautiful red stems, these are a couple of branches and not the tops. 7 weeks and several more to go!

And this is a Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze. I'm going to use some frozen Mextiza pollen to pollinate her. I think that a Sour Diesel cross would match better, but I lost my riri :cry:so that's what we got. Anyway, the result will be very mextiza-leaning for sure. Otherwise I'd be shocked.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I've smoked some of the Senegal Angola I harvested two months ago, and it hits. Much more than expected, even with this horrible summer indoor look she had before the harvest. The high is relaxing and not electric, but it doesn't affect the body at all. Perfect for anything during the day.

A couple of weeks ago I harvested three more plants, the one with seeds of my last Mextiza male, and the couple of plants I fermented. The seeds are OK and the fermented plants are waiting to be tasted. If it hits as much as the one I just smoked it will be very nice.

There are plenty of seeds, and these are very little. I'll upload a picture of the dried fermented cob.

Cheers

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nice to see more projects coming... I think SSSDH x Mextiza would be a very nice one, even better combination than with the Riri cut because the sweeter lemony terpenes are gonna match super nice with the Mextiza flavour and hopefully the flowering time could be nicer while still having a nice high.

I'm trying to bring the Riri cut back myself but for now I will have to wait some more.

Best of luck and catch up soon!

Latest posts

Latest posts