What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fruitbowl (Sweet tooth #3 x Purple Maui)

syko2

Strain: Fruitbowl (Sweet tooth #3 x Purple Maui)

Breeder: Sunshine

I received this strain early this year. I received 6 seeds and started 3 right way. I had a 100% sucess rate as all 3 germed in less then 24 hours. I soaked them in tap water with added h202 and dawn dish liquad soap (few drops) to 8 oz of water. I let them soak over night and found 1 germed in the glass. I added the other 2 into a wet/warm paper towls and they germed later that day.

I placed the germanated seeds (tap root down) into a 8 oz cup of pre moistened mix of Pro-mix seed starter with added perlite. I added the cup's to a humidity dome (plastic cake holder) under 1, 23 watt warm fluro. I found 2 pushed threw the next morning. 1 never pushed threw.

After the 1st set of (true) leaves were visiable I removed the dome and misted with Ortho Funguside then placed a fan blowing across the top's and added another 23 watt fluro. After 3 day's I removed 1 seedling and added it to a Mediumless DWC system and kept 1 in a soil-less mix. Both were placed under a 1000 watt MH to veg.

Soil-less mix grown Fruitbowl:

- after the 3rd day I repoted the seedling into a 20 oz cup of pro-mix/perlite 50/50 and added a week feeding of MGro seed starter 4-12-4. A week after that I repoted it into a slightly heavier mix with added continous feeding potting soil.

2 parts Pro-mix
2 parts perlite
1 part GH coco coir
1 part Potting soil (continous feeding)
I added 1/4 tea spoon blood meal 1/4th tea spoon epsom salt to the mix.

3rd week I sent it into flowering to determin sex under a 1000 watt MH, I added 1/4th tea spoon bone meal & 1/4th tea spoon Epsom salt. After 1 week I noticed it turned out to be a male.

Hydro Grown Fruitbowl:

I added my seedling to a week 300 ppms (.5) pH of 7.0 (tap water). 1 week later I added 200 ppms (.5) of BC Technaflora and Thrive Alive B-1 and dropped the ph down to 6.5. After 1 month I topped and started training. I cloned the top to determin sex.

I rooted the cutting in a bubble cloner under fluoros wich took 6 day's to root, then added it to a 20 oz cup of Promix soil-less with added perlite & misted it with a funguside then a week folier feeding a few day's later.

I veged under 100+ watts of fluoros & after the 1st week I feed it a week MGro 4-12-4 seed started fert and Thrive Alive B-1. I placed it under a 1000 watt mh at 2 1/2' away and feed with Schultz 10-15-10 2 times at 1/2 strength.

2 weeks later once it started flowering I repoted into a 2 liter with Pro-mix/perlite/coco coir with 1/2 tea spoon bone meal 1/4 tea spoon epsom salt. Feed with Schultz 10-60-10 at 1/2 strength and Thrive Alive B-1 from time to time.

Hydro grown plant was vegged for 4 months under the 1000 watt MH and aslo flowered under the MH. Flowered for 75 day's.

General growth:

I noticed preflowers after the 1st week and started flowering hard after the 3 rd week. It liked the lighting and enjoyed mild feedings. Slightly pH sensative. 6.5 was perfect for veg & flowering. Not recomended for new growers but a 1st year grower could do well with it IMO.

Temps and humidity was the same veg & flower, 69 to 85 and humidity was between 35% & 70%. AC kept room.

The Fruitbowl was a fast grower but remained short and bushy. I think it would have done much better untrained.

Smell:

Life savers and Fruit loop cereal..Threw veg the plant smelled mildly strong, more if it was touched. Smelled like Life savers. Fruity and plesent. Flowering smell was extremly strong!

Buds:

Buds were red, white and purple. The leaves showed alot of purple color early on. Trikes were very noticable from the 2 week on. Very sticky!!! Bud's were tight. Slightly higher leaf to bud ratio but nothing unreasanable.

Yeild:

Low to mild yeilder, flower time should be 50 to 60 day's. 60/40 indica/sativa.

Hydro grown plant yeild was 1 1/2 oz dried, harvested at 75 day's.

Clone yeild was 4 gram dried, off a 8 inch clone, 1 bud Took 2 days to dry and 1 week to cure. The clone was a sample grow. I used it to breed with..

Taste:

Very Rich & Fruity..The taste was very evenly mild with fruitful over tones; mostly lemonly, nice and smooth. Sweet like a bowl of fruil loops..Very nice. Smell was also sweet, highly aromatic with strong & quite hashy !

Smoke:

Smoke was mildly strong but easy on the lungs, a longer cure is not needed 2 week's was plenty but a longer cure does bring out the taste more.

Head & body high was both great, very active but at times a slight feeling of soaking back into the chair came over me. No munchies. Good party bud and good every day smoke.

Buzzy lasted several hours off 1 bowl, a good 2 or 3 hitter smoke. A bowl lasts hours.

Medical use I give it a over all ******** (6) starts out of 10. Good for depresion and pain with out the heavy indica effect.

syko2

Thank's..I have a bunch of reports I'll be adding over then next few day's.

Infact I think I'll add another one now. :)

s2