What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Frosty Buds With No surface Trichs!?!?

G

You got to borrow or steal a good microscope
Keefhead suggesting that anyone steal something is frowned upon here at IC Mag. Theft is Uncool bro. Why violate any more laws than we have to? You never know when Karma will come back on you.

G

Don't let anything touch your buds while trimming and you won't have that probe Bob!
You have got to be sensative with her. You didn't put all that work in growing her, just to mess it all up at harvest. Don't touch,squeeze, ect... your buds while flowering. It's simple? :joint:

Keefhead

WeedWrapperMan said:
Keefhead suggesting that anyone steal something is frowned upon here at IC Mag. Theft is Uncool bro. Why violate any more laws than we have to? You never know when Karma will come back on you.
Yer right. Poor choice of words on my part. :bat: BORROW or RENT. Much better. Sorry.

LEGI0N

My weed is my personal so I leave it a little leafy for storage then flake off the small leaves when smoking. They sort of protect it. I never compress it, never in a bag, just in jars. But still, where it get's touched it will loose heads. They say you shouldn't break up buds too much with your hands and that grinders pretty much rape your weed. (works good for me though). You're better off loading bud chunks..

Also, I just got the 'ecoplus' 60-100 microscope.. (about $20) It's pretty dam sweet. :D They are the new generation. Very small with an led.

Last edited:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya -VT-! :wave:
Thanks so much for starting this thread! It's one of those topics that doesn't seem to be written about much. I see Keefhead got you rollin but good! :yoinks:

KH - thanks for the explanation here and during out visit:respect:. Your experience jives with mine.

Bonz - man, thx for the perfect macros!:respect: Gorgeous!

Even with minimal handling and jarred, I've noticed 50% or more of the surface heads missing - make a clean break into the bud and they are there in full glory!

I've yet to sample kief / hash made up only of trichome heads, KH notes under the microscope it looks like a block of little balls, must be mind blowing.

Keefhead

Evasive hash, bongs, and lighters

Evasive hash, bongs, and lighters

Legion - that microscope sounds sweet. LED lighting and all, eh? This isn't something carried by my local hydro store, is it?

-VT- - congratulations on starting an interesting thread. I sure wish I had the camera up and running. Ohhhh, I might just throw the old plastic lens POS on there, and give it another try.

MGJ - it's very rare that I manage to pull off something that clean, just little trichs with little or no stalks or hairs, but I do once in a rare while. Genetics is very important, but so is all the little stuff along the way, like proper rinsing, etc.

However, if the stuff is aged and cured well, it will be so nice and smooth, you'll exhale and want another hit.

In my case, no problem, I just crawled over to where the bong was laying, pulled it and me back into the chair, poured a half bottle snapple in the bong to replace the water I'd spilled, and looked for the hash. I found it, chased the cat away from it, tore off a hunk, put it in the pipe, and looked for the lighter. By the time I found the lighter, I'd spilled the bong again, forgot what the lighter was for, watched my wife laugh hysterically - at me, so I quietly laid down on the couch and let the cat massage me. I slept well. :pointlaug

Hey, it could happen. :bat:

guineapig

Veteran

Psst!! Yoda dude.....have you seen the trichomes?

If high it gets ye, then trichomes there must be......?
(Joop xl)

(sultan-Umbopamaumau from OG)

There was this one strain that had very very few visible trichomes but for
some reason always got people very very medicated......nobody could figure
it out but perhaps more research will shed some light on this subject....

:ying: kind regards from the guineapig :ying:

Allusive

I don't have any pics with me, but I have to definately agree that the heads of the glands are very fragile and with too much handling will be knocked off. I've noticed that the less I handle my buds and the lighter I trim them, they retain their gland heads much better. I cut my buds, trim them wet (I notice the heads don't fall off as easily if I trim while they're wet), hang each bud to dry. Then I carefully snip each bud into a bucket until I have an ounce weighed, I then take that bucket on the scale and dump it into a jar. I try not to shake the jars or anything during curing. I've been growing for a couple years, many harvests, and I have noticed the less you handle them, the lighter you handle them, you can retain quite a few more heads on your trichs than if you aren't as careful.

Interesting thread btw :joint:

Last edited:

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
Yes the word "steal" ESPECIALLY this time of year is very unsettling. I grabbed a triple beam from science class twenty years ago. I still feel bad about it. It's all good though.

LEGI0N

Keefhead said:
Legion - that microscope sounds sweet. LED lighting and all, eh? This isn't something carried by my local hydro store, is it?

Yes, I think the chances of you seeing that at your local store soon are quite good.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
guineapig said:
There was this one strain that had very very few visible trichomes but for
some reason always got people very very medicated......nobody could figure
it out but perhaps more research will shed some light on this subject....

:ying: kind regards from the guineapig :ying:
Yo...guineapig What's up brotha!!! :wave: Thanks for keeping this serious :smoke:

I read from Ed Rosenthal (can't remember the book) that most of the THC is in the plant matter...not resin....

Edited to add: I do not readily espouse this contention....perhaps this book and that analaysis are both....anachronistic?

:joint:

Last edited:

Keefhead

-VT- :wave:
At one time, that may have been the understanding and it was written as such in Ed's book. I don't know. But it ain't so in today's world.

A question: Why does hash, which is all trichs, get you so high, whereas the material, after the bubble runs, have only a few trichs, and if you dry it and smoke it, it does very little if anything? Yes, I've tried it. Only some odd tastes - no buzz. Yeech.

I'd be real interested in the information Guineapig mentioned. It would change my BHO procedure a lot.

Just a few thoughts on the subject.

K

Last edited:

sogman

Lol I'm similar to scrappy, never lifted stuff from stores.
But I used fuck up the walls at my old school, bust out drywall, even knocked a stud out with a stool once lol. I actually had construction experience from working for my dad so they made me clean up the mess then I replaced the drywall, and mudded & taped :D easy fix

Cd-rom drives were good for removal, and DDR memory sticks got sold. My buddy got busted for one of the comp's but he was a champ and wouldn't back down or squeal. He liked to delete auto.exec files and send mass messages through the lan. Really nasty shit about teacher's and student's and these messages would go *ding* on everybody's screen. He was very good at hiding his student I.D. and never got nabbed. It seemed funny at the time but he should have been more discreet than to burn teacher's he had no beef with lol!

And yes I still have a microscope from 10th grade :D

sogman

But I've been getting sum nasty karma for a few years because of other stuff I did daily at that school and I know it. I truly look down on myself for everything stupid I did during those years. Even now I feel shamed.

Cept for the time I wetted a paper towl up, stuck it over the fire detector, then proceded to burn 40 bux worth of inscents inside both boys locker rooms. Lol you couldnt even see 5 feet inside the room. I nearly wet myself when gym class was over people started running in ther to get changed. Woulda been perfect If I flooded it too! It didn't hurt anybody! It just annoyed the shit out of some teacher's who were uptight lol!

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
WeedWrapperMan said:
Very good point bro...

peace

and Stay Safe All

Keefhead

Excellent point, and I sincerely apologized for it in a later post, and then went back and changed it for subsequent readers. But I left my apology there so as not to hide my mistake.

Apparently that's not enough.

lay off the keefhead!
and VT, we all know the full melt is trichome dome and is crystally!!!
Melt some wit me where u be? who give a faq if the kush be seventy!

Latest posts

Latest posts