What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

From user to addict to recreational user. Can I complete this journey.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
I am overwhelmed and amazingly happy for your support, and sweet friendly and helpful comments.
You're the reason I never leave the world's best cannabis site.
Thanks again. I'm very grateful.

Back to my experiences.
Sunday the 29th of August was the last time I smoked on my PAX.
That's 12 days ago. And everything is still going according to plan.

As mentioned by some of you, I have become a little restless. Fortunately, I am very busy at my job. And there is also a lot of fall work in my garden. I also get great support from my wife.

And then my dreams have returned. It's actually funny, because I have some strange / funny dreams. I have not dreamed during my sleep for a long time.

When I wake up in the morning, I am a little dry in my mouth. I did not expect that, but fortunately it is only a small nuisance.

My first step to becoming a recreational user of cannabis was that I did not start a new grow at the end of July. I have for several years started new grows after my summer vacation and Christmas vacation.

I have taken a few pictures of my growroom as it looked the day I last smoked. The pictures are from today.
As you can see, I still have some good cannabis. One of the next few days, I will get it in bags and vaccuum-pack it. If my project succeeds, I will only need to cultivate very little in the future.

IMG_3831.JPG

IMG_3832.JPG

IMG_3833.JPG

IMG_3834.JPG

Have a nice weekend :jump:

P

Attachments

• IMG_3832.JPG
    IMG_3832.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 42

moose eater

I am overwhelmed and amazingly happy for your support, and sweet friendly and helpful comments.
You're the reason I never leave the world's best cannabis site.
Thanks again. I'm very grateful.

Back to my experiences.
Sunday the 29th of August was the last time I smoked on my PAX.
That's 12 days ago. And everything is still going according to plan.

As mentioned by some of you, I have become a little restless. Fortunately, I am very busy at my job. And there is also a lot of fall work in my garden. I also get great support from my wife.

And then my dreams have returned. It's actually funny, because I have some strange / funny dreams. I have not dreamed during my sleep for a long time.

When I wake up in the morning, I am a little dry in my mouth. I did not expect that, but fortunately it is only a small nuisance.

My first step to becoming a recreational user of cannabis was that I did not start a new grow at the end of July. I have for several years started new grows after my summer vacation and Christmas vacation.

I have taken a few pictures of my growroom as it looked the day I last smoked. The pictures are from today.
As you can see, I still have some good cannabis. One of the next few days, I will get it in bags and vaccuum-pack it. If my project succeeds, I will only need to cultivate very little in the future.

Have a nice weekend :jump:

P

I quit three times in my life, Paddi.

I was 13 when I started imbibing cannabis. Later that year I was sent to a minimum security open campus behavioral modification facility due to allegations of incorrigibility (it was actually my parent who was incorrigible, but that didn't matter much in the 'old days'). I quit for about 9-1/2 months, lasting a month after I got out of the 8-1/2 month stint. One night, after a long period of abstinence, a friend and his older sister invited me to a high school basketball game, and we smoked maybe 4-5 joints of decent Mexican before entering. The change in my tolerance was significant enough that the onlookers swore I was drunk. But I hadn't had so much as a drink.

From about 15 to 18, joints and pipes at 5:00 A.M. on the farm or at home, had become the norm. When I went to the Yukon Territory, to the alternative school (The Hippie School, as it was fondly referred to) at age 18, I told a parent member/teacher person there that being stoned had become so normal for everyday function, that being straight felt more like being stoned than being stoned did. It was the truth, too.

In my later-mid-20's, trying to fix an unrepairable marriage, I quit toking, burned my paraphernalia (a mistake, by the way, just in case a person changes their mind, and I did), and went on another (about) 1-1/2 year abstinence from weed. That ended in Sand Point Idaho, at a John Prine concert, where I had come to a T-intersection in life, wasn't sure if I should keep going, and encountered a friendly-enough drunk logger on the street in front of the Panida Theatre, sitting on a hardwood, old-school bus bench, on Main St., in front of the theatre where Prine was playing. He was too drunk, and I was too depressed, for either of us to give a shit about sitting on a bench on the Main St. and smoking a joint (something that my sense of self-preservation previously would've prohibited). He'd walked up to me at the bus bench, slurring his speech, and I can still hear him in my mind's ear; "I get up, I go to work, I come home, I get drunk, I go to bed. I get up, I go to work, I come home, I get drunk, I go to bed..." He repeated this melancholy, drunken reporting of the mundane nature of his life maybe 3-4 times, then reached into the fold at the base of his tuque, pulled out a doobie, and said, "Smoke a joint?"

It'd been most of a year and a half. I said, "Sure, why the fuck not.." He and I had both surrendered to life's blows at that time.

Went into the Prine show, notably depressed, and bush hippies and long-haired farmers had come out from miles around, to this artist community in Northern Idaho, a bastion of hippie-dom amidst Aryan Nations folks, red-necks and all sorts of potentially and questionably unfriendly types. Sand point is to Idaho as Austin is to Texas.

I was high as all hell, and depressed a bit less, when Prine went into a heart-felt rendition of 'Angel From Montgomery', and I wept. I made up my mind to keep going on life's journey at that show, and had purchased a guitar on my way there.

The third time was when I was dealing with my current cancer, and I cut way back on burning weed, either in a vaporizer or in a joint, focusing more on extracts.

I found throughout life that the more I had something around me, the less I needed to focus on obtaining it, the less I was fixated on finding, procuring, and imbibing. For years and years now, I've been in the situation of smoking several times some days, more often than not, smoking at bed time, or not at all.. with numerous lbs. of the stuff around me at nearly all times..

Good luck on your journey. As Armed Old Hippie wrote, sometimes the journey ends up at a place that you hadn't really anticipated. It's still a journey, though. And learning (for me) to enjoy getting 'there', where ever 'there' is, is as much of the ride as arriving at the supposed destination. Wasted a lot of really nice miles of life focused on where I was going, rather than being where I was. Still trying to break that habit, too.

Bonnie Raitt and John Prine "Angel From Montgomery" - YouTube

Down by the Side of the Road - YouTube

Midnite Toker

Veteran
Good vibes and all that, Paddi! :flowers2: You are a proven leader in this community. Have you tried topicals? Gummies? Tincture? I'm definitely getting my kicks differently now that I am middle aged. I said I am middle aged, lol! Regardless, Party on Garth! Excellent ~mT

armedoldhippy

Veteran
lmao - You really need to invest a few quid in a road map then :biggrin:

channeling my inner mexican bandits in "Blazing Saddles" here - "maps? we don't need no stinking maps!" LOL! last time we used a map (belonged to friend) we slid down a boat ramp almost into a lake in Alabama. they had (quite obviously) built a dam & turned that little 2 lane road into a boat ramp after the map was printed. ah, the good ol' days...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Paddi
that’s the cool part >🦄 the return of dreams recall…I think it’s more of a question of remembering your dreams & not that you haven’t been dreaming

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Hello again

Now that I'm on detox, I think it might be exciting to follow how it goes with reducing the THC content in my blood.

So I bought some urine tests.

This has a cut-off limit of 50 ng / ml.

IMG_3822.JPG

IMG_3823.JPG

IMG_3839.JPG

P

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
What is the result, tho? Or you haven't taken it yet? Also, how much does a test cost? In euro or whatever international unit you fancy.
Peace and good luck on this journey!

Last edited:

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
What is the result, tho? Or you haven't taken it yet? Also, how much does a test cost? In euro or whatever international unit you fancy.
Peace and good luck on this journey!

exploziv - Price. Single test about 4 euro. Multitest about 8 euro.

2. september. First test - no weed for 4 days:

IMG_3820.JPG

Startlevel: +200 ng/ml.

12. september, another multitest: Still +200 ng/ml.

P

Attachments

• IMG_3820.JPG
    IMG_3820.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 35

Veggia farmer

Good luck Paddi! I started the same project at about the same time, maybe a little but before. Really hope you get what your looking for.
I still drink one or two glasses of wine some days, and smoke some cigs, but I know the tobacco naturally goes away here. Im just stuffed of it after some while and I have been on an off with years of pause more than once before. Speed was harder. That ended in the toilet after I started to shit my self after ingestion..... I still need my blueberry juice to keep the loose stools away. I have "no idea" how that addiction happend thou, cause I have always been that getting high all naturall guy with lots of self-controll, until.. Life mysteries happend..

Cannabis really is less is more kinda thing, for me. I simply hate the feeling of tolerance, at least much high tolerance, its no fun then, but I also used it for medical first, but that medicine is really taste soo.... You know the drill...!

After finding out why I have been so hungry on everything it was way easier to also be laidback about it. For the first time in life I dont really think so much about not smoking, when other times if I had a break I thought about it constant. " F#"@k, no smoke before 4:20!?! lol

Anyhow, not trying to hijack, just merely giving some words and whising good luck

Chi13

ICMag Donor
exploziv - Price. Single test about 4 euro. Multitest about 8 euro.

2. september. First test - no weed for 4 days:

Startlevel: +200 ng/ml.

12. september, another multitest: Still +200 ng/ml.

P

Great that you are going to document this. I was told that it takes up to 6 weeks to pass a urine test, sometimes longer so I doubt you will see any change for a while.

Good luck.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
3 weeks - still no smoking weed :dance013:

Pics from today:

IMG_3849.JPG

IMG_3850.JPG

IMG_3850 (2).JPG

Take a close look.
There is an almost invisible line in the "T-line" (testline).
Even if it´s almost invisible, it means, that the 200 ng/ml is negative. Congrats to myself :jump:

In about a week, I ought to test negative for the 100 ng/ml.
But we have to wait.....

My Wife tells me, that I talk a little more than usual - and is a little less introvert. She likes that.

P :biggrin:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Well done Paddi. Does you good to have a break. You might find you enjoy being straight and don't start again. I took a break once that lasted 8 years. :biggrin:

Intersting to see the test results too. It takes so long to get it out of the system.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3 weeks - still no smoking weed :dance013:

Pics from today:

Take a close look.
There is an almost invisible line in the "T-line" (testline).
Even if it´s almost invisible, it means, that the 200 ng/ml is negative. Congrats to myself :jump:

In about a week, I ought to test negative for the 100 ng/ml.
But we have to wait.....

My Wife tells me, that I talk a little more than usual - and is a little less introvert. She likes that.

P :biggrin:

How are the dreams?;) In living colors?

Hasselhoff1337

Hey dude! Old post but I just wanted to let you know I was a daily smoker yet today I smoke once a month, sometimes a bit more somtimes less. Used to drink weekly but no addiction, have only been drunk once this year. Was hooked on Kratom for 4 years, quit 5 months ago. Had a short cocaine problem back in 2018 but quickly realized I had to quit. Did not like how it took over my soul and brain. I might have used 20-30 grams between 2010-2018, and probably 18-28 in 2018. Also did quite a bit of speed that year. Even though that sounds little it was hard to quit. Had to stop drinking for 6 months and had to cut friends off. Cocaine is no joke, never go that route! Took a year before the cravings stopped.

But to the weed; first 3 days when u get off a daily habit can be a bit difficult. Then it’s quite easy. I hope you’re doing good! What I’ve noticed with addictions (all of em) is that you need to face your restlessness and other negative feelings in a constructive way. Don’t be afraid to ask for professional help. You don’t need to go to rehab for it to work. Pick up new interests and learn to combat the things you need that crutch for. For me its social things, they drain all my energy and make me feel like shit even. I’m not yet enjoying social situations but I can handle them without drugs nowadays. Still working on myself!

Gl my friend!

Latest posts

Latest posts