What's new

From SOG to SCROG

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gr8fulbud - normally adding a little nitrogen helps with greening things up, but most of the nute recipes minimize it during bloom. I have read where adding a little at this point helps with greening up the lower leaves and with leaf retention. Just a thought.

gr8fulbud

A little update: Heat-stressed wimpy first-time scrog. Box is in the garage next to a refrigerator with daytime outside temps in the mid to high 90s. Heavy leaf drop...buds are small and airy. About 10% amber trichs but pistels are still clear/white. Probably give them a couple more weeks and end up with small, pissed-off buds that induce couchlock. "Keep us trapped in a hot box will you!" Late summer/early fall scrog should be better. "We forgive you you stupid stoner!" Did add a plexi heat shield (you can see it in the pic) but rather late in the game. Inside the box high temps fell from the low 90's to mid to high 80s. Live and learn.​

gr8fulbud

If you look closely at the pictures you'll see bare areas in each bud from either heat stress or some disease...hell if I know! The buds have been flowering for about 75 days and the trichomes are about 10-15% amber with the rest mostly milky. I'll probably cut a few buds every day and hang them in the drying chamber, put them in separate curing jars and compare what I see and taste.
Got some unknown seeds from a friend so I'll germ them, veg them, sex them, grab some clones and flip a coin to see if I'll start another scrog or return to a perpetual sog. Really depends on how many females I end up with. I'm so confused! Comments appreciated!