What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fritillary collective organic food seed

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all :wave:

For the past few seasons fritillary seed collective have been busy securing, selecting, and working organically with a base of heirloom, heritage, landrace and ibl seed stocks. Seeds are seeds, and supplying underground cannabis genetics is only a small fraction of what we do.

What started with maintaining our own seed crops so we could be 'seed sufficient' in the future has slowly grown into a small lifestyle collective with a multi-national base of food growers already growing fritillary packs. This ranges from homegrowers, allotmenteers, and even heritage seed guardians.

fritillary seed collective is a collective of seeds sourced directly from organic homegrowers just like ourselves. All released fritillary organic food seed packs now produce consistent ibl lines each season - meaning that homegrowers can easily maintain their own seed stocks from our food seed packs.

fritillary collective organic food seed will be available at seedbay soon :D

- - - - - - -

info:

fritillary seed - veggie seed multi-pack

fritillary seed veggie seed multi-packs are sourced from 100% organically cultivated varieties of landrace, heirloom and ibl food genetics. Each multi-pack contains x5 separate seed packs / varieties:

Multi-pack A (approx. seed contents)

5 x Ah Pumpkin - 3rd generation ibl with large plants and large fruits

10 x Ah Sunflower - 2nd generation ibl with giant yellow flowers

15 x Hot Pepper Mix - 2nd / 3rd generation ibls give small hot fruits

20+ x Burdock - landrace ibl bi-annual harvesting roots in 2nd season

20 x Red Popcorn - 3rd generation ibl harvesting tall crops with red cobs

- - - - - - -

We will post up photos of the cultigens currently available now via fritillary seed collective and some images from projects still being worked on.

Any questions please ask ... :D

picture.php

Peace n flowers :canabis:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FRT - Black Twilight : Capsicum annuum 'Black Twilight' (ibl)

Original: fritillary's own cross ,,, 'Numex Twilight x Hungarian Black' ,, now in-bred for the 3rd generation.

Fruits : Small, purple, hot and upstanding.

Cultivation : these annuals are best sown in late winter. Suitable for overwintering as bi-annuals as shown in photo below.

picture.php

picture.php

FRT Hot Pepper Mix contain some of the above seed.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Burdock : Arctium minus nemorosum (landrace ibl)

Burdock is an invasive bi-annual. The roots are harvested in spring. The burs are ready for picking in early autumn.

early burs:

picture.php

seed sorting:

picture.php

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah Sunflower (ibl)

Inbred giant Dutch variety:

picture.php

We harvest seed from the best flowers,, and hang the others from trees and fences for the birds to eat :D

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks man.. :D

Each season we sow at least 75% more than we need ,, so only the healthiest plants are used in breeding... and eating :D

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
I'm on it Doc! Need seed for next year, it will make me happy to keep my money in the community rather than give it to some corporate bunch.

S

Seismic

Very cool Doc!!! I can't wait to get some of those peppers, and the corn in the ground. I can't wait till they hit the bay:joint:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool dudes,, :wave:

Yeah the red popping corn is fun (esp. for big kids) :dance: plus it stores until next season :D

The main point is that these seeds are already ibl (in bred),, so home growers can sow them,, harvest the fruits and seeds,, and then grow them forever... without ever needing to acquire that specific variety again. Just remember to safe some of the fruits back for seeds each season.

In order to keep the genetics 'pure' then you will need to grow each crop in isolation from similar food crops of the same Genus species cultivar ,,, otherwise the risk of hybridization occurs,, which is cool when experimenting with your own new varieties,, but a real no-no if you want to maintain the original variety in its current form.

fritillary seed collective seeds are primarily tailored towards organic methods of cultivation,, however several varieties could easily be adapted to hydroponic mediums and methods of growing.

Next season (2010) the chili packs should be all 'FRT Black Twilight' ,, IBL.

Ah Sunflower packs will also increase in seed number to x20 per pack.

Peace n flowers

hazy

Veteran
hey doc.
Good job with the seed saving. I think it's a very important thing to do.
Where I live it's hot and most varieties at the store just don't do well.

I found a place called nativeseed/SEARCH on the web, that gathers seeds from native growers and raises them for seed. Good hardy desert adapted varieties. They put a lot of work in during pollination times to keep the strains from crossing.

I'll be growing out one bean, squash etc, at a time when I run them so I can get seed that's pure for next season because they readily cross.

daddy fingaz

FRT - Black Twilight : Capsicum annuum 'Black Twilight' (ibl)

Original: fritillary's own cross ,,, 'Numex Twilight x Hungarian Black' ,, now in-bred for the 3rd generation.

Fruits : Small, purple, hot and upstanding.

Cultivation : these annuals are best sown in late winter. Suitable for overwintering as bi-annuals as shown in photo below.

picture.php

picture.php

FRT Hot Pepper Mix contain some of the above seed.

Lol i recognise these chillis DL , the heat is a real 'creeper' making it dangerously easy to over induldge, a very distinct flavour behind the heat, my mrs is a chilli fiend so il be growing a few of these next year methinks!!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FRT Black Twilight - grown as an annual

picture.php

picture.php

These peppers are best used in Mexican ,, Creole ,, and Caribbean cuisine.

Danknuggler

I followed the link and see it but otherwise they aren't listed anywhere on the site if you just go log in and go to Bulk or Fritillary there isn't any of those seeds listed or am I missing something?