What's new

Friends need to call before coming over? Discussion

J

juicepuddle

I gotta agree with hating people in general to be honest hah, I like the call before you come idea and agree with InvisibleEmpire this stopped for me at a young age, I do remember when I was really young just showing up at peeps house though haha.

All in all I say no peeps come to my place :p

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
The only people that I would ever allow to just stop by is mine and PTB's parents, or his sibling and spouse. That's it. They are just about the only people that even know where we live, lol. If my neighbor absolutely had to stop by and knock on the door, I wouldn't make a scene or be a bitch, but I'd be sorta pissed since it always smells like burning trees in here and that would bother me. They're nice people though....they mind their own.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I live with my wife, 12 y/o daughter,and my adult son--
I have ppl coming over all the time-- I also have a 300 foot driveway, uphill...with 360 degree cameras around my house, so we have plenty of notice--
What pisses me off, are the ones that call and say they are coming over...then call me 3 more times before they get here...with updates!! lol

O

OrganicOzarks

Last time someone stopped by unannounced was right after I had chopped some plants. The entire place smelled like fresh OG Kush. When she left I had to remove the bricks from my pants that I had shit out earlier.It has not happened again. It is just rude as fuck. If you don't call then fuck you. After that last scare I just will not answer the door unless you have called ahead. I am one of the "alone time" people as well. I might not leave the house for a week or more. I have plenty of ladies to keep me entertained for weeks on end. The wife doesn't get jealous either. :)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I also have the "sometimes I want to be alone for weeks on end" issue. My friends and I call it "alone time" and it results in me only being able to maintain an active social connection with other people who are depressed and/or mentally ill in some way (severe "alone time" is a major symptom of an underlying illness, though it doesn't have to be.)

I'll usually disappear for 2-3 months keeping ZERO contact with people, and then re-surface after my hiatus. If asked where I was I just say "alone time" or "depression" and the meaning is implicitly understood.

whats weird is that many potheads i know have this issue...they dissapear and dont pick up the phone...or they just never ever go out. when im super baked i sometimes feel the same, i just wanna coop up and not socialize with anyone, but i hate that, you only live once, so usually i force myself out of the house and i never regret it, once im outside and having fun i forget all about being an antisocial hermit. sitting around at home smoking bowls and browsing the internet is not gonna get me laid....i like being out and about. some of my best memories are romping around the city at 3am with friends.....although dont get me wrong i love quiet time and usually during the day i just hang out at my place and keep to myself but nighttime brings out a different animal.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
whats weird is that many potheads i know have this issue...they dissapear and dont pick up the phone...or they just never ever go out. when im super baked i sometimes feel the same, i just wanna coop up and not socialize with anyone, but i hate that, you only live once, so usually i force myself out of the house and i never regret it, once im outside and having fun i forget all about being an antisocial hermit. sitting around at home smoking bowls and browsing the internet is not gonna get me laid....i like being out and about. some of my best memories are romping around the city at 3am with friends.....although dont get me wrong i love quiet time and usually during the day i just hang out at my place and keep to myself but nighttime brings out a different animal.

Excellent observation, I do the same.

Everyone has a phone these days, they should use it rather than showing up.

I live in a block so guests should buzz the main front door.

Had a knock on my front door at 6am the other week, shat myself though it was the 50.

It was a deliveryman WTF at 6am knocking not buzzing.

A

arcticsun

Honestly, im scared of being phone tapped so i dont like telephones from anyone besides my family. I really really hate calls from people fishing for smoke.

Where I live I don't have to lock the car doors at night, haven't for years. I go down to the local shops and leave my house unlocked. Friends drop around, no worries, come on in. I live in a small country town in Australia. Every one is welcome here.

i totally agree high country :D

but there have been some instances where it has been very unwelcomed so i can see both sides.. maybe just let your mates know to contact you before coming, cos there never guna know unless you tell them :D

clearcutter

It depends who it is. My closest friends & family are welcome to just stop by. Every one else, call. What about the people who call and say they're stopping by, but never do. That's what i hate.

C

Cookie monster

It depends who it is. My closest friends & family are welcome to just stop by. Every one else, call.

Same here, some family and closest friend just pop in the front door no calls necessary, the rest of the family, friends and girlfriend...well they either phone ahead or risk running the gauntlet of 2 slobbery airborne boxers.