What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Friendly ISOQwik Wash Faq

friendlyfriend

Veteran
So I wake up yesterday....
What should I do today during my free time since I am in the midst of moving, I say to myself?

Well I have all this trim I been saving why not make Iso Oil I figured. I have everything I need; Mr.Coffee Coffee filters, 1 quart Mason Jar, a couple 32 oz bottles of ISO Alcohol from the pharmacy, a big pot (12 inches wide), and a deep stainless steel dish (9 inches wide). So I seen the quick wash method a few times on a few forums done very well and now that I have all the ingredients plus a bunch of buds from my last harvest I will make oil till I run outta trim & budlets....

So I put it all together and this is what I get.....

Now take about 1 oz. of frozen trim and buds and give em a nice Semi-grind. Just grind it a lil or if not chop of the chronic on a cutting board.Then take all the trim and put it in the 1 quart mason jar with about 22-26 oz. of iso in there and shake vigorously for 3 minutes! ( some say no more than 2 minutes but another minute for good measure wont hurt, we are extracting Trichomes here not epithelials!)

Shaken Not Stirred.....

Before you shook your trim and iso you should have your heat source (in my case a pancake griddle) nice and hot OUTDOORS! *THE FUMES FROM THIS CANNOT BE INHALED INDOORS* and when that griddle is hot take your big ol' pot and fill it 1/3 of the way up with water. Place it on the griddle or burner and let it boil.

Now take your coffee filter and a put it in a strainer large enough to hold the entire coffee filter and pour out about half of the iso and trim into the filter and strainer with the 8 inch metal plate or your glass equivalent under it catching all the green iso juice. Then Squeeze the filter with the trim till all the iso drips out and do it again till you filtered all the iso through the coffee filters. I used about 3 filters with 1 oz. of trim.

Your bowl which you are about to boil should be placed gently into the pot of boiling water so that no water gets in there.

Now Let it boil till the ISO is greasy residue and amberish brown. the best way for me to check when it ready is I slightly move the bowl within the pot and if the contents barely move from side to side and its going from "runny/still watery" consistency to "slow moving/thicker oil" consistency then its almost time.

Since I am using a metal bowl instead of pyrex or some glass as soon as I take the bowl off the double boiler the oil will immediately begin to harden so have your metal spoon or razor ready to SCRAPE! ANd you scrape scrape scrape till it gets hard. Then double boil it again for a few more minutes till your iso hash softens up and scrape scrape scrape. By now you should have some of this!

A this point you could smear whats on the back of the spoon on joints cigs and spliff for a totally encompassing high then let that oil dry up a lil something. When it does you will be able to roll up some balls with it and from there snakes and then coil it in your bong on a lil bit of herb and Inhale then exhale.... Very good! your blazed off the Oil now!

While I was doing this I hit up my buddy and said to him! "Aye I just made the best oil of my life and I'm Excited you gotta do it too!" and guess what folks he did! and then later last night we toked and compared notes on our oil adventures and decided ISO quick wash is championship material!

I am making another batch shortly and will take pics of things I forgot to take pics of cus well I was taking bong hits when I was working on this but I did keep yall in mind! :rolleyes:

By the way the potency is twice the strength of the best Bubble Hash I ever had! A thats a fact jack :canabis:

Last edited:

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
Nice, ff!
I've done the ISO quickwash a few times. Obviously best with 90% ISO as opposed to the 70%. Also with the iso, it seems to be a cleaner tasting more golden oil with the shorter the time soaking. Like ya say, about 2 minutes or so will do. It seems to me that the iso pulls a little more out of the weed than just the resin. I ASSUME this because I think I tend to get a greater volume of oil using ISO than I would using butane. Also ,in my mind the butane oil tastes a little bit cleaner,although the ISO oil is clean and tasty as long as you purge it well(like it looks ff has) That being said, I'd never turn down some nice ISO oil :) Very stoney stuff. Cool thread ff. :)
I just made a spot of BHO yesterday with a friend and got super toasted. The last ISO oil I made was some I made for a Halloween part I went to. Rolled up a nice big joint with lots of oil in the paper. Zzzzzzzzzzooooooom.
oil cook

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
Gave ISO I shot for the first time last night as well. I only used a small pint sized glass container. I used a skunk concept plant that seeded from being a hermie. I just wanted to try it out. I have some good trim in the freezer and will use it once I tried this. Went OK.....all in all for the little amount I put in, I got back more then oil then I thought I would!! Here is a pic of what I fot. I have some weed particles in there.......lung expander!!

friendlyfriend

Veteran
Gets you blazed for at least 7 hours going strong :D.... more to follow....

Cooked! The downside of butane is that minimal yeild. The final product of bho burns very well but IMHO I just find the ISO superior. With 1 or 2 healthy bong rips its on for hours! great taste too.

Hawg! Yeah buddy! ;)

Friend when you get that big harvest go for the OIL! :D

G

I did this quickwash method last night, too, and it came out fabulous.

I used a quarter oz. of BEASTERS. Yes, you read that right. BEASTERS. Some really crystally beasters at that and after that ISO evaporated... woo-wee. I played with it and melt it over and over again to make sure all the shit was outta' it and the finished product got myself and TONS of others extremely ripped last night. It wasn't that sticky at all. Very resiny and oily. There was a mix of colors... dark and light amber, some black and some yellow in there, too. Nice mix.

I used commercial B.C. shit because this was my first time and I didn't want the goods to be improperly sacrificed. Are the goods going to be next? YOU BET YOUR SWEET CHEEKS! :D :D :D This shit was awesome.

I'm going to the hardware store later today to get a copper tube, window screen, a hose clamp or two and a couple caps for my BHO experiement comming up shortly this month. Can't wait.

ISO's got a thumb up from me so far. Thanks for all the advice and tips, bros. Makin' hash all day is really special. Especially if you're high as hell, enjoying the company of good friends while doing it.

ISO oil is fantastic. I have made it 4 or 5 times now and have never been dissapointed. I do mine a bit differently than you guys describe.

I don't freeze my trim. I let it dry out then throw it in an electric coffee grinder. Grind it up until it is powder, 4 pulses or so. Then I take an old coffee filter holder and put in the filter. I put the powder and stems in the coffee filter until it fills about 3/4 of the filter. I put this over my canning jar and fill the filter to the top with the ISO.

Once that drains, 45 seconds or so, I squeeze out the filter and place the wet contents into a new filter. Place the fitler holder over another canning jar and pour over the green liquid from the jar I just used. I do this 3 or 4 times and then pour it onto a plate to dry overnight.

I found that it tastes better to do it this way rather than filling a jar and shaking. The ISO has less contact time with the trim and gives off a cleaner product.

G

John, Haha! I did that, too! couldn't resist... :canabis: My kif looked so lonely after making all that juicy-lookin' oil. A match made in heaven. :yes:

mentalmarijuana said:
ISO oil is fantastic. I have made it 4 or 5 times now and have never been dissapointed. I do mine a bit differently than you guys describe.

I don't freeze my trim. I let it dry out then throw it in an electric coffee grinder. Grind it up until it is powder, 4 pulses or so. Then I take an old coffee filter holder and put in the filter. I put the powder and stems in the coffee filter until it fills about 3/4 of the filter. I put this over my canning jar and fill the filter to the top with the ISO.

Once that drains, 45 seconds or so, I squeeze out the filter and place the wet contents into a new filter. Place the fitler holder over another canning jar and pour over the green liquid from the jar I just used. I do this 3 or 4 times and then pour it onto a plate to dry overnight.

I found that it tastes better to do it this way rather than filling a jar and shaking. The ISO has less contact time with the trim and gives off a cleaner product.

I'm gonna' give this method a try, too!

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
Hey Friendly, HOG
Yeah i made some ISO hash/Oil mine look more like hash than oil... i wash mine for about 2 min and filter thru a reuseable coffee filter... use a pot of water and boiled the ISO off and was left with great looking hash... smokes real smooth and get you blistered... i had some that looked like blonde hash.. and what i call FMCD.. bubbles up and you can see right thru it... damn now i got wait until i harvest to make some more.. :( Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

G

i think it looks great ff and would gladly try it as a tester want me to pm u my safe addy lol

70s_PotHead

If you used Ever clear or some other pure grain alcohol instead of ISO, will it work or taste any better? Ive got a bunch of bud that I'm getting board with and want to make some oil or maybe hash with.

70s

friendlyfriend

Veteran
Honestly bro I taste absolutely no iso in it. When you double boil all the ISO at 400 degrees Farenheit all your are left with is greasy sludge loaded with Trichs and Cannabinoids ohh my :eek:

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
Hey 70s, I've tried it with Everclear, and honestly I think it comes out better with the iso. The Everclear, like all booze has lots of sugar in it. Smokin sugar is not so sweet.
I'll stick to the iso and the bho.
I'll still use the Everclear for my tincture though ;)
cook

70s_PotHead

Kool, sounds good to me, the 90% ISO is a whole lot cheaper too, now all I need to do is get a hot plate and give this a try, its sure seems simple enough

70s

Fallenangel. Never a better time than the present. Use some buds you have now. You don't need a hotplate just let it evaperate over night on a plate.

70s_PotHead

mentalmarijuana said:
Fallenangel. Never a better time than the present. Use some buds you have now. You don't need a hotplate just let it evaperate over night on a plate.

your the 2nd person today that said you dont need a hot plate, its nice and sunny out lately, how about just set it out in the sun and let it do its thing. Does doing it this way have any effect on the taste?

Need as many opinions as possible so maybe I could try for 1st time tomarrow

70s

Latest posts

Latest posts