What's new

FRIENDinDEED's: SUPERSILVER HAZE/ NYCD REDUX!!!

M

MeltingPot

Real good start to 09' my friend...Keeping all of your colas should be your newyears resolution...Nice work bro...
MP

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
I THINK I WILL DO THAT FROM NOW ON!!!

I THINK I WILL DO THAT FROM NOW ON!!!

MeltingPot said:
Real good start to 09' my friend...Keeping all of your colas should be your newyears resolution...Nice work bro...
MP

oh yes, yes i plan to keep the tops for myself for sure. and your suggestion is a good one meltingpot. especially with this strain, i will keep th colas to myself

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE CAB: FIN

THE CAB: FIN

well folks as promised, another one of my grow shows has officially come to an end. the room is cool now, and the fan i haveis blowing briskly across the branches and things are lookin OK for the most part.

trimming shouldnt be too much of a chore, since i plucked most of the bigger and smaller fan leaves off. i would like to say how muchi have in weight, but im not that good yet, but its gonna be a good amount thats for sure!!!

i was gonna put up some 2x4's on either side, but decided against it and just put up the eyelets (#10 pack of 50ct.) into the sides (left/right). . .

i think it tool me about an hour to cut them all down. i was deciding on things as i went as far as how to hang them. some breanches had to get moved closer together as to give everything space so that they could have air blowing on them. the ones in the front are the tops, 12 in all to be exact so needless to say, il be posting in the WAKEnBAKE thread for quite some time to come!!!. . .

some pics from the bottom looking up. . .

heres the fan i have blowing on them, it was an old wall mount fan that we had that was never installed, but it came to good use in the end. i saved some of the bottoms of teh plants in order ot reveg them and get another run out of 'em. . .

here are the magnificent 12 front and center. now if i had to guess about these, i would say atleast 4 of them are gonna give me an lb by themselves. but im not trying to count my chicks before they are hatched!!!lol . . .

and the ORANGE BUD. its about four branches in all. i would think that its about an ounce worth, so thats more than enough for me to have while i wait for the rest to come through. . .

here are the smaller/lower side branches. at first i had them hung up but, i decided to only keep the branches that had nugs with some density to them. these were frosty and all, but were more so popcorn buds than anything. . .

im saving everything this time so i can have something to try this BUBBLEHASH thing out with. i was also thinking about making some oil as well once the buds/trim has dried out

***(should i bother to save the fan leaf trim or just what i trim from teh buds themselves? i noticed that most of the fan leaves werent really covered in trichs).

well this is it for now. ill have some more pics of the other grow with the SSH and ORANGE BUD from the remote grow. most i can say is be prepared for the drama on that one!!! and besides ive got some more strains that i have to grow out.

im a grower to heart and wont be stopping anytime soon. slow down but stopping i dont see in my far or immediate future.

im gonna setup my hygrometer in the cab as things are drying to keep a more proper eye on things though. ive already got my jars ready to go, but those top colas are gonna be a trip. awe what the hell, now that i think about it, i may just take some pics of the individual colas next to a tape measure so the actual sizes can be seen. so ill be back for sure!!!
:rasta:

Last edited:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin bomb fid,ur gonna be smokin real good for a while yo.great way to start the new year bro.they look nice as hell hangin there man.
peace-T-

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin gorgeous FID! I make bubblehash a lot, and I dont use the fan/sugar leaves....only trim. Let the popcorn and trim dry in a brown bag for a week-ish, then freeze it till you use the bags....good times
Big ups on your pull!!!!~
good vibes

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Nice haul brotha!!! Lookin' forward to see even more....
Didn't I hear that you were a recent transplant to Jersey? Hmmmmmmm.....I smell a session comin' on!!!

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
Tonatiuh- oh yeah! the wake and bake threads is gonna get sick of my ass for sure!! lol i was scared for a while but the new year is gonna be one of the better ones. the way they smell and the conditions they are dryin in, the smoke should be nice and smooth this time around and not so much of a couchlock effect

accessndx- no prob brotha, i should have some more comin up real soon from the remote area. more SSH and some ORANGE BUD. and oh yes, new transplant and thats not a prob on the sesh part

mixin- thanks man, stop by anytime you want to talk pr just shoot the shit

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I like the looking up shots, reminds me of looking down on a pine forest!

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
Deft said:
I like the looking up shots, reminds me of looking down on a pine forest!
lol, never thought of it that way. but they look all limp now :badday: . . . so you know what that means... . . time to trim !!! lol

well things are looking good so far. i still havent put up the hygrometer yet due to stoner laziness.

im gonna be trimming on tuesday though, since its the 1wk mark. but i'll tell you this, those tops still havent lost any weight it looks like :jump: :jump: :jump: !!! ill tale a pic or two tomorrow and let you guys see what the haps are

:rasta:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
omgzzz waitin on those dry shots man!!!
those are soon to come my friend!!! but it is now officially time for me to close this thread as i will be taking a small hiatus until things are stabilized at my remote location.

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
FIN. . .

FIN. . .

well all, this is the last hoorah. gotta start on other things than have me not being able to grow for right now. but there are other things in teh wings i have going on, after some more time and tweaking, things should be up and running, but for right now. .. lets get to some stash/ dried/ curing shots!!

here are my 5 jars!! lovely lovely SSH!!
115891-15-091.jpg

these for 1/4 jars are for me. to last me through my up and coming "ordeal" i'll be going through.
115891-15-092.jpg

the larger jar is for the masses, BUT dont think i wont dip every now and again if i have to. . .
115891-15-093.jpg

heres every thing in the larger jar out in the open, since its the "open the jar" time of the curing process. .
115891-15-095.jpg

all flood gates open ready for full on hour BURP!!. .
115891-15-096.jpg

both burping trays side by side. . .
115891-15-097.jpg

and individual. .
115891-15-098.jpg

115891-15-099.jpg

well needless to say im set on burn once again for a while. it was a true bitch to trim all this shit, it took me about 4-5 days of on and off trim it all. it was worth it since it was drying all the time in the cold. the cold dry is so worth it in the long run even though it may take a lil longer, but it all helps the curing process go alot smoother. great beginning great end!!

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE REMOTE HIATUS

THE REMOTE HIATUS

ok folks i was gonna get sappy like your boy COCKTAIL FRANK, but i decided against it, since im not dying just takin things on the road for a spell!

gonna be growin in my remote location for a good while, and just wanted to let you good folks here at IC where your good FRIEND will be at when it comes to the grows and scuh.

the remote location is gonna take me some time since i will be tweaking it here and there. i was supposed to have a nice crop going so i could have a lot more for my masses but . . . .hey lets jsut say its hard to find good help these days.

as some of you know, i've been pretty much teachin this partner of mine how to grow. i am starting to realize that his growers eye is on money and not the beloved herbs that are being grown. for me, especially tooting the horn of a organic soil-less style grower, thats a problem. its bad enough the mistakes that are being made are really and truly unnecessary to the crop on a whole.

so once i get things situated over there, ill be postin a couple pics of the remote spot and how ill be settin that up. its gonna be straight up INDOOR GUERILLA STYLE (lol) but im just gonna give some more examples of what can be done with the smallest most awkward of spaces, since this space is pretty .. . . .lets say "angular", and scraps of supplies.

so more pics and shit to come of the new stuff!! if all goes well, god willing, i'll be running some ORANGE BUD, SUPERSILVER HAZE, THE WHITE, DABNEY BLUE, CHEESE (UK) and if all goes well i'll be able to procure some AFGHANI as well.

once things get up and running i'll be back no problem. see you all out there

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
yo !!!!

whass good all, sorry i havent been posting, but ive been so high these last couple days after the harvest, that i keep forgetting to post on the wake and bake thread , here or any other thread for that matter. lmao!

anyway just checkin in on things

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
crazy ass pipes

crazy ass pipes

so im catchin a lil walking session right before i go to work and i take a stroll through ST>MARKS PLACE bet. 2nd and 3rd ave to visit all my pipe spots.

theres one place in particular that has killer fuckin glass. i can never remember the name or to even lok at teh name of the place because teh glass always blows me away.

and this is a true glass shop, none of that chinese brittle/ light shit! alot of one of a kind pipe ans crazy shit thats worth every penny. so i popped in and i asked the guy if i could take a pic of these pipes and he was gracious enough to allow me a pic of these two:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=2797&pictureid=34525 http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=2797&pictureid=34526

sickest glass ive been able to see up to date!! i know theres more in the city, but for right now. . . .. whoo!!!

hazy

Veteran
Wassappenin Friend? Mighty nice bunch of buds you got. You've made big improvements to yield and such in the time I've been seeing your grows. Good to see you with a bunch of full jars.:joint:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
Wassappenin Friend? Mighty nice bunch of buds you got. You've made big improvements to yield and such in the time I've been seeing your grows. Good to see you with a bunch of full jars.:joint:
yeah man, really big improvements!!! my family situation is something that

so far, all of the things that i have done in respect to yield and potency are culminating into one ideal. a soilless mix packed with nitrogen as part of the base, feeding/watering with a half strength hydroponic nute for veg and a full strength plus for flowering. (there was another grower who suggested using hydroponic nutes in conjunction with a soilless medium in my reading on here, but who it is escapes me right now)

the next grow im gonna keep using my GUANO COMPANY:BUDSWEL at half strength for moms/ clones and vegging plants. then a week b4 flipping 12/12 im gonna start with the GUANO COMPANY: BUDSWEL(1.10.1)+ SUPERTEA(5.10.2) (i thought budswel was the company name!!! lol). and if i do that then i wont be adding any extra nutes to my reused soil, the EWC thats already there is gonna still need time to break down since its organically slow release. with those liquid nutes i would rather let the soil be neutral so there is less build up and flushing would be alot easier

it takes most plants 2-3months for a complete flowering cycle, so im gonna try a either 50 /50 or maybe a 40/60 in regards to what type of light i use for what stage of growth . for example a 50/50 would be one and a half months of MH and the finishing 50 would be with HPS. but first time out i will definitely be doing a 40% MH and then 60% HPS for the potency and resin production. i found that the added step down in the light sched really did wonders during the veg stage. going from 24/0 - 18/6 -16/8 (16/8 being the extra step) and then 12/12 has worked wonders

although i was under a time constraint, i realize that if i were to have given them more MH in the beginning it really would have created more trichome sites on the leaves and tighter nodes (the tighter node spacing has already been deduced, the increased trichome sites are something ive been reading about but reading from more experienced growers and other sites dealing with resin producing plants). the HPS will definitely increase on potency which also is deduced and recorded over time. this time though, im gonna be burning 2x400MH for veg and 2x400HPS for flower. with regard to space the two bulbs would be able to cover a 4x4 space easily with just the right intensity. for me i'd be able to handle that heat whether in summer or winter as ive learned to do with my last grow. 1k?. . . .for right now i think that, that amount would put me over the top and raise some suspicion bill wise. the 800 total is not too little and not to much. it fits right where i want to be on power consumption.

growing in soil allows me to utilize my power better as well. right now i would say that all of my gear would be about 1k in total, and its not all at one time and that the flowering closet alone!! everything else (mom/veg/cloning)is floro, and mini fans so i dont worry too much about the other cab as much. ive been using a blower as opposed to a can fan, and its been working out just fine in the realm of air movement. my scrubber is holding up pretty well and is the best design i could come up with, its light weight and tough as shit, constructed to be reused and last!!!

i already have a water pump and airstones going for my res 24/7. i guess it would make sense to just combine the fact that i have the pump and airstones going already and just go hydro all the way, but for right now, soil just really fits my personality and how i live. i really dont wanna have to deal with that constant checking of pH/PPM/EC all the time.

well im blazed, in a growers zone and thinking about whats to come next i tend to ramble. lol