What's new

Fridge grow controller anyone?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
The idea is nice imo. A micro sealed system in a working fridge that is used to controll rh and temp. It has also co2 enrichment via sodastream bottle. 300€ for the controller(=temp, rh% and co2 logger) or 480 for a set with 4 remote sockets and co2 system. Nice

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I think about getting the controller and 1 remote socket and diy a co2 system. Some co2 bags in a sealed box and an aquarium airpump for the co2 delivery.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
You can diy that kind of stuff for about 100 to 200 euros including tools and accesories. But i don't think a microgrower should invest in co2 gear. There are other things that come before.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I like the diy idea, maybe with zigbee its easy to build.
With a short internet research i didn't found a plug and play co2 system for ~320€.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Core electronics for a co2 controler project can cost as low as 50 usd in china (most of the times shipping included). You get a co2 sensor, a controller board, and a small display, some buttons. In under 50 usd you could even fit a wifi enabled board for remote control and monitoring..
then you would need the solenoids and regulator valves to put on the co2 tank and the tank itself.

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
You can diy that kind of stuff for about 100 to 200 euros including tools and accesories. But i don't think a microgrower should invest in co2 gear. There are other things that come before.

I was thinking, the co2 is necessary because its like a sealed room, no?
Please correct me if i'm wrong :)

​​​​

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yes, if it has to be sealed you gotta do something for Co2. But if posible i would avoid adding more limitations to an already limited microgrow environment. It's not only the fact you gotta invest in costly co2 equipment for a pretty small grow, but you will also waste space with the co2 tank and equipment.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Its build for a sealed system in a fridge so u need co2 for that case. But i think it will work for a controlling a room too.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
For a single plant in an apartment that would be about ideal. I am not sure about not needing to water the plant though.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
The water comes from the condensation of the fridge. I think problem could be overwatering when planting. I'm sure u have to open the fridge when the plant grows bigger to add more water but use a blumat and u can keep it closed.