What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fresh Frozen Balls Oil

PDX Dopesmoker

I mistreat and abuse my male plants because I'd rather not have them get too big, I only do a little bit of spot pollination and don't need nearly all the flower they make. After I get their pollen I have to keep on picking off the newly emerging flowers if I want to grow out the males and not end up with a fully seeded crop, its an annoying chore. Later on in flowering I noticed that it started to be a sticky chore and I was ending up with some hash on my fingers after plucking all the flowers off, so I decided to collect them and make some masculine hash oil because I hadn't seen it done before. The Everclear and the balls are chilling in the freezer as I'm typing this, excitement and novelty awaits.

This is what one of the abused males looks like before plucking
FZdYJ0B.jpg

This is how much stuff I got
lKAGZbI.jpg

Closeup of the stuff
h6kgdib.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

OK, the stuff is all drained, I used a teabag to strain it, which is the appropriate filter for containing balls (but probably the wrong choice for those tiny pollens). The Everclear came out a nice pale shade of yellow, I didn't soak it too long, but not sure how long exactly. I also didn't weigh or measure anything else, the productivity of balls extraction will have to be determined at a later date.
Its all in the pie dish now with the fan blowing on it, probably only about 100ml or so of fluid so with luck I'll have a thin film of balls extracts to scrape up in not too long.

PDX Dopesmoker

Oh yeah !
Waste not, want not.
Nice pictures.

Thanks, I feel like I might be pioneering an exciting new movement in the field, it won't be long after tonight that people will begin to eschew those sissy girl plant products for real he-man balls oil.

PDX Dopesmoker

Results are in, this is definitely one of those cases when I might have gotten more wasted just drinking the Everclear, looks like I took about half a gram off of those balls using about 100ml of Everclear. Nevertheless I consider the final product a positive result.
Kjfkjhs.jpg

And after testing the product
ZWIgvMM.jpg

I can tell you that it tastes strongly of burning fine particulates, but regardless that flaw it also packs a significant punch in the THC category.
1OcMok8.jpg

Cool posts man, I respect those who are willing to experiment. Posting to ask how the progeny from thst male turned out? Have you seen DJ Short's famous extremely resinous F4 Blueberry male? Id post a pic but my phone crashes every time I try to do anything with images on ICE mag. Ive got some hybrids made with tgat male, planning on S1ing a few and F2ing as well to try to dig out a male like his lol. Also where is the chorus of haters saying males do not produce capitate or sessile resin glands.

random question, why did the forum software automatically italicize the resin gland types? Kinda makes one look like a prim douche lol

PDX Dopesmoker

Cool posts man, I respect those who are willing to experiment. Posting to ask how the progeny from thst male turned out? Have you seen DJ Short's famous extremely resinous F4 Blueberry male? Id post a pic but my phone crashes every time I try to do anything with images on ICE mag. Ive got some hybrids made with tgat male, planning on S1ing a few and F2ing as well to try to dig out a male like his lol. Also where is the chorus of haters saying males do not produce capitate or sessile resin glands.

Thanks, I like seeing pictures of male plants so I hope I've seen that one before.

Latest posts

Latest posts