What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

French Bulldog

Grendelkhan

So I am going to be getting a vicious attack French bulldog, no not really. I have found a great breeder in town and have put my money down on a new puppy. I will be picking him up at 9 weeks old. I was just wondering if any of you have french bulldogs and how they are as pets. I am pretty excited as I have not had a dog in a long time. I am going to be spending a bit of money on this little guy but I figure that its better to spend the money to get a good dog that has been tested for any problems. So any words of advice?
Peace.
Gkhan.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only thing that I recall reading about Frenchies is that they should be trained to avoid water. Apparently they swim like a rock because of their dense bone structure. I don't know if this is bullshit or reality, but would want to look into it more if I had one!

S

SeaMaiden

I don't know a thing about French Bulldogs, but if they swim anything like a friend's bully then they can NOT swim. I understand that they are not easy to train, either. But it should still be lots of fun.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
They tend to be screamers rather than barkers from what
i've seen. But they are real cuties.

Grendelkhan

Yeah they aren't supposed to be swimmers for sure and yeah from the videos I have seen online they make some interesting sounds. Plus I have read that the more your frenchie is snorting and farting the better your frechie is! The one I am getting father looks pretty close to a tiger with his markings and my boy looks like he's going to be even better looking than his papa. They seem like clowns and that is a good thing.

Whats up Grendel? I heard about your frenchie. I told my friend to show you a facebook page to check out with some that I will be working with. They are fun dogs. Get your pup a life jacket and throw him over the fence hehe