What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Freezeland?

1madtrapper

If anyone has grown this strain can you confirm this is the freezeland I had it gifted to me from a friend of a friend up here north of the 49th.The friend called it alaskan clover although it gre well it was very hard to keep in veg and after 5yrs i finally lost her.Anyhow here are a few pics first week of sept.
my trusty bud and my girls
in my med patch helping me out.

W

wegobigupnorth

That is 100% Freezeland my friend! Hard to keep in veg and I can tell 100% by the lovely pink hairs and just overall look of the plant. I am very experienced with her. Do you still have the cut?? I would LOVE to have her back in my stable...

W

wegobigupnorth

sorry, missed the part where it said u lost her :( I WANT HER BACK

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
is freezeland from canada? i been wondering if serious 6 has some part freezeland in it bc it displays hairs just like those above in 1 pheno

TrinZilla

Hmm wonder if any relation to the New Friesland Orange? Super tasty, used to see this strain around Seattle...

TheOutlawTree

It looks like freezeland sort of but impossible to tell. It could be a freezeland cross. If its freeze it should smell Piney and be done end of September.

I grew mighty freeze for a couple years at 45n in the northeast. It was a great cross. I love freezeland and have been trying to get the real cut for a while now. Its a really good breeder and its mold resistance is absolutely amazing. The real freezeland cut can withstand weeks of non stop cold rainy weather and have minimal bud-rot.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
It looks like freezeland sort of but impossible to tell. It could be a freezeland cross. If its freeze it should smell Piney and be done end of September.

I grew mighty freeze for a couple years at 45n in the northeast. It was a great cross. I love freezeland and have been trying to get the real cut for a while now. Its a really good breeder and its mold resistance is absolutely amazing. The real freezeland cut can withstand weeks of non stop cold rainy weather and have minimal bud-rot.

thats pretty damn impressive to withstand that..most other strains would be rotted to the ground..i hope that the serious 6 has the freezeland in it now LOL:laughing:

N

newtothiscoco

this is amazing :D i have ben reading about the real alaskan and as fare as i know the real deal came in to the alaskan vally in the 70's and they called it Matanuska- this was a auto flower but it just grew so huge trugh the summer cause of the long bright days of summer in alaska but never finished frez to death each year. so some of thees guys up there in the 80's got bustet and some moved, but one guy was mixing it with some afghani and him and hes father made the real legend -Matanuska Thunderfuck/ MTF a indica dominant plant- they startet to take cuttings from the plants they liked and keept them alive inside trugh the winters they made it a non auto strain, over the time, that could finish up in time outdoor.

well just wanted to share its a real amazing storry, you guys should go read about it :D
-maybe freezeland is another strain but then it cant be the real alaskan as fare as i know

could it be the Pangea ? - Matanuska x Blue Afghan

1madtrapper

Well guys the best part is before i lost her i crossed her so i got lots of cross seeds of the freeze...Maybe I will start some and pick the closest pheno's see what happens.I crossed it with a dna pure afghan.I got so many strains on the go now..but gotta have the freezeland again around here we call it alaskan clover, had many great seasons with it.Hoping some of my newer strains will replace it if i cant find the same one...until i self the closest pheno these strains are what i hope will work in place of it
wolf island sativa (rcmc) it half Auto affie..
Iranian auto (dr grn ) it seems to be much like the auto affie aswell
big freeze
freezeland
Erdpurts
I am planning on cracking some of my original freeze crossed seeds and breed a male to the iranian auto it may just be good enough.Cheers

W

wegobigupnorth

To whoever asked, Freezeland is from Montreal, Canada. It has been grown outdoors on the east coast of Canada in huge numbers for decades as it is a semtember finisher with amazing mould resitances.

You ever smoke outdoor weed that has an insane piney smell and your purchased it somewhere on the east coast of Canada? Chances are it was the Freeze or a cross of it :) VERY popular strain.

Freezeland is like the east coast version of B.C. timewarp NOT in terms of anything to do with plant similarities but in terms of it being by far the #1 outdoor choice for growing and adding to crosses for decades....

W

wegobigupnorth

You guys in Cali have actually seen the legit Freezeland cut? Not the many seed crosses there are? That makes me smile :)

Who ever has this cut or the original timewarp needs to chime in here. I NEED those cuts back in my outdoor stable.

1madtrapper

well I am on my crosses I gotta pick out pheno's and give them the CS treatment see how it goes..obviously not gonna have em this yr looks like for me the early girls are gonna be
wolf island sativa's
Erdpurts
Iranian Auto
Ancient og
for this season in the north...Cheers

potheadquebec

Got some freezland seeds for you if you really need them. In canada we all have some freezland seeds from a buddythis is a very old school breed. Maybe we can do some kind of exchange you send me seeds of your favorite kind and i send you some freezland. I can ship you some hidden into a cd case without problems

ubi

Greendot concentrates here in denver, has it. they dont list it on there site.
BUT, i have gotten the friesland or freezeland from them before.
TASTES GREAT kinda floral piney
TOTALLY INDICA effects. GREAT strain fo sho.

shell

Hi potheadquebec

I"m interested for freezland seeds. I have some seeds for exchange:

Gureilla gold mixed pack, freebe from 2014, 10 seeds and repro from 2015
and
Charger, seeds are old 5-7years

regards

Sorceror

Does the clone-only have a spice type smell/taste to the buds and very dense? I know a guy who knows a guy who always has this stuff and it's some high quality. I think he might be growing it indoors but who knows.