What's new

Freedom 45! 10x12x8 Evolving Vert Retirement Plan!

diggdugg

Good luck man! I hear ya on retirement early from roofing. It will wear your ass out!

Hey Mega, are you around Abilene? PM me if ya are.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Today is day 14 for the clones, and I had to get rid of a couple more this morning. After opening up the rockwool on the failed clones, I found some roots, but only about 1/4" or so. I am hoping the healthy looking ones will have substantially more...
Discovered spider mites on the clones also. I figure I can kill them in veg easy enough, right?
I am assembling my DIY cloner today, and I was contemplating removing the rockwool on a couple of them, and finishing them off there.
Also, contemplating putting the 8 best in my veg totes. Even though there are no visible roots on the outside of the cubes, I should be ok as long as I top feed them for now.
Any comments/suggestions?

Arminius

Veteran
Finished Expansion, plus new clones

Finished Expansion, plus new clones

Hey all,
Here is my new expanded veg chamber. I built my cloner, and took 12 Goosh cuttings, and 12 Chocalope cuttings, and placed the 2 weakest clones into the cloner.
I discovered a 400gpm pump was too big for a 14g tote, water was spraying through the joint of the lid/tote. I placed a 296 in there and it seems to be doing much better.
I finished converting the new area to make it functional for now. I used a white roofing membrane for the floor and walls. The membrane is highly reflective (95% UV reflective), and hot air welds at the seams. When I am finished it will be air, and moisture proof.
I plan on dropping the rest of the SD clones into my veg buckets tonight after the kids go to sleep.

Attachments

• IMAG0276.jpg
    IMAG0276.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 9

Arminius

Veteran
The runt clones have doubled their roots in less than 24 hours! These are the most pathetic looking clones I have ever seen, and I will be surprised if I can keep them alive. I should have spent the $100 a couple of weeks ago to build this cloner...

Attachments

• IMAG0279.jpg
    IMAG0279.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 13

mrheadie

i think you'll be ok with those clones arminius. mj is very resiliant and will bounce back within a week or 2 even if stressed hard. i just took clones from my mothers 3 days after they had dried compltely out to the point of dry wilting (my dehuhie didnt shut off and dried them up over night). checked my clones last night and all are showing roote at 6 days and the moms are mostly back to normal. yours should be fine once tranplanted into their new home, but might be a week or 2 behind what they would normally be. as far as the spider mites are concerned, yes your good to kill them in veg. and make sure to KILLEM ALL! litle bastards.

Arminius

Veteran
i think you'll be ok with those clones arminius. mj is very resiliant and will bounce back within a week or 2 even if stressed hard. i just took clones from my mothers 3 days after they had dried compltely out to the point of dry wilting (my dehuhie didnt shut off and dried them up over night). checked my clones last night and all are showing roote at 6 days and the moms are mostly back to normal. yours should be fine once tranplanted into their new home, but might be a week or 2 behind what they would normally be. as far as the spider mites are concerned, yes your good to kill them in veg. and make sure to KILLEM ALL! litle bastards.

Thanks for the reassurance! What would you recommend for killing the spider mites, and at what stage in veg would be safe? I still have some Azatrol left from my battle with root aphids last run. I have been considering bombing the room and maybe some Neem oil or something...

mrheadie

well, thier are a few diff ways to kill the bastards. my method is actually very simple, but requires more than 1 type of treatment. i use azamax (basically azatrol i believe), floramite and einstiens neem oil. first treatment i like to spray with azamax and give 3-4 days after before the next treatment which is the floramite. again i let them sit for a few days, and then i neem them every 2 weeks to keep everything in check. dont forget your going to have to clean the area good with a mild bleach solution, and make sure you not bringing any in with you when you go into your room. this time of year (depending on where you are), mites will look for warmer places and will try to hitch rides on you. once you get them in check, i suggest to keep treating with neem and maybe another treatment for preventitive maintenece. i had em bad a year or 2 ago and havent seen ny other than on some new genitics that were givin to me, but they were treated before they ever entered my room and i havnt seen any since. gl, and dont get dicouranged. also, here a link to a great mite tread;
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=66865

mrheadie

oh ya, bombing the room isnt a bad idea if its a heavy infestation. i used the doktor doom (got 3 for like 20$ on ebay. still have 2 left) fogger and it did its job well i assume as like i mentioned, havent had a mite since my battle.

madalasatori

Veteran
i reckon that little clone will be fine mate, ime as long as it has a the tiniest of live roots it will grow ok, no matter how f@cked up the clones leaves look

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
If you are going to spray the mites, cup the clone in your hand so you get good coverage. They are small enough that what gets on your hand will run back onto the leaves. You can also turn them so you can spray under the leaves more easily. This will use less spray as well.

Arminius

Veteran
If you are going to spray the mites, cup the clone in your hand so you get good coverage. They are small enough that what gets on your hand will run back onto the leaves. You can also turn them so you can spray under the leaves more easily. This will use less spray as well.
Thanks for the tip!

Arminius

Veteran
well, thier are a few diff ways to kill the bastards. my method is actually very simple, but requires more than 1 type of treatment. i use azamax (basically azatrol i believe), floramite and einstiens neem oil. first treatment i like to spray with azamax and give 3-4 days after before the next treatment which is the floramite. again i let them sit for a few days, and then i neem them every 2 weeks to keep everything in check. dont forget your going to have to clean the area good with a mild bleach solution, and make sure you not bringing any in with you when you go into your room. this time of year (depending on where you are), mites will look for warmer places and will try to hitch rides on you. once you get them in check, i suggest to keep treating with neem and maybe another treatment for preventitive maintenece. i had em bad a year or 2 ago and havent seen ny other than on some new genitics that were givin to me, but they were treated before they ever entered my room and i havnt seen any since. gl, and dont get dicouranged. also, here a link to a great mite tread;
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=66865
Thanks for the rundown, seems nice and simple! At what stage would you feel it is safe to treat the clones? I was thinking as soon as I saw roots coming out of the net pots. Should I get rid of those fuckers sooner rather than later? Not too sure how much damage the mites can cause clones. I can see them with the naked eye, and they have their webs around the tops.
The SD clones that I transplanted 24 hours ago are taking off, just in the 8 hours while I was at work, they seem to have doubled again. Big sigh of relief now... I was getting a little bummed out, feeling like I have wasted the last 2 weeks, but now I am sure I can pull them through.
Anyone out there have personal experience with the strain dependent likes/dislikes with Sour Diesel? I really like the lineage, and the descendants of SD and want to keep it in my rotation. My local dispensary has issues keeping sativas, and I am sure I can get rid of my extras with no problem.

Last edited:

Arminius

Veteran
Time for an outdoor retired mother update!

I took my scope out there today, and I think the Goosh is 2-4 weeks from the chop based on the trichomes. They are all cloudy, about 10% amber, and 10% purple! I am thinking of giving her one more week of nutes, then start a 10 day flush. I have never done outdoor, and only have indoor ripening times to reference, anyone have feedback?

The Chocolope is being true to her 95% sativa genes and has about half the trichomes, all clear, but much more buds... I figure she has as long as our weather holds out. We get our first storm in the middle of October, more times than not, our first storm is accompanied by high winds, so that is my preliminary deadline. Since I have been a roofer for 15+ years, I am very in tune with the weather, and should have a couple of days warning if I need to shelter the Chocolope through the first storm. Any Central Coastal Cali outdoor growers have any feedback about finishing times?

Hope everyone has a great mini-friday! Time to stash my handle of Jameson before the GF gets home... :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMAG0286.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0287.jpg
    IMAG0287.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0281.jpg
    IMAG0281.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 2005 0714Image0004
    2005 0714Image0004
    51.3 KB · Views: 23

mrheadie

i think you would be fine now buddy. i have actually dipped my cuts in a mild azamax solution when i took them while i was fighting the evil little bastards. never had any ill effects. also, i forgot to mention to put a few drops of dish soap in your solutions as a spreading agent.and ichabod made a good point to make sure to spray all the bottoms of the leafs

mrheadie

Thanks for the rundown, seems nice and simple! At what stage would you feel it is safe to treat the clones? I was thinking as soon as I saw roots coming out of the net pots. Should I get rid of those fuckers sooner rather than later? Not too sure how much damage the mites can cause clones. I can see them with the naked eye, and they have their webs around the tops.
The SD clones that I transplanted 24 hours ago are taking off, just in the 8 hours while I was at work, they seem to have doubled again. Big sigh of relief now... I was getting a little bummed out, feeling like I have wasted the last 2 weeks, but now I am sure I can pull them through.
Anyone out there have personal experience with the strain dependent likes/dislikes with Sour Diesel? I really like the lineage, and the descendants of SD and want to keep it in my rotation. My local dispensary has issues keeping sativas, and I am sure I can get rid of my extras with no problem.
i run the original ecsd clone and all i can say is "winner". i looked for a few years before i finally was blessed with a cut and plan to keep her for as long as possible. the best info you'll find on the sour's is in chaco's sour diesel tread in the strain section, a wealth of info there that helped me. biggest thing with her is, she is stinky!

Arminius

Veteran
i run the original ecsd clone and all i can say is "winner". i looked for a few years before i finally was blessed with a cut and plan to keep her for as long as possible. the best info you'll find on the sour's is in chaco's sour diesel tread in the strain section, a wealth of info there that helped me. biggest thing with her is, she is stinky!
Sweet! I will look up that thread, something tells me I am fortunate to have picked up that strain, and all it cost me was a pack of rockwool, gotta love good neighbors, and their friends :thank you:
Stinky is not a problem with me, being fully compliant, and living in the mountains. I love waking up in the morning with a cup of coffee and smelling the plants 50 yards away...

Arminius

Veteran
Clones have been taking off since I put them in 2 days ago, the roots have literally tripled in 48 hours! I decided to transplant all but 3 of them into the cloner for a few days. The three I left in the veg totes all had roots coming out searching for the outside of the net pot.
Made my first BHO last night from my Blue Dragon popcorn. It is amazing! I made a huge mess of myself and ended up passing out with sticky fingers. Made work this morning interesting to say the least...:bongsmi:

Arminius

Veteran
Not a lot to report at the moment. The SD clones are doing much better, and a couple should be ready to go into the veg totes in the next few days.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RE> Stinky is not a problem with me, being fully compliant, and living in the mountains. I love waking up in the morning with a cup of coffee and smelling the plants 50 yards away...

LOL every morning (when I'm home) I make my coffee, have my fuzzy bathrobe on with slippers, walk out my side door to my little hidden backyard and say "hello ladies" and just breath in the sweet smell of Afghani/Goo and Allen Wrench stinkiness, what a lovely way to wake up!