What's new

Freedom 35

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
My runs with the glue only stretches double. I flip at 23" and she stops stretching around 42" My cut is the real deal too. I do keep my hoods pretty close to the tops. From what I can see in your veg pics, it looks like legit GG4.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
ok so the tester cut i ran was an 8" clone i stuck in a 2gal fabric pot. i sat it on top of some 5 gal buckets. the buckets had 24" tall plants. flipped the round just like that, and the damn glue stretched for nearly a month, ended up like 30" tall. as for its authenticity, the only other glue ive had was commercial outdoor, but the tester clone gave me the strongest frostiest herb ive ever had. if its not gg4 i dont care its amazing. but shes legit. soon enough ill have a chance to obtain another cut to be sure. oh! and i only took that clone to 60 days, its racy as hell. i wish i could get decent shots of the bit of bud left but my lens is all jacked up and so is my phone...
wait, what was i talking about? oh, so stretch... i figured that cut got lanky from environmental factors, but after looking around here i noticed they seem to jump alot. this is mostly just based off browsing a half dozen albums, as i havent had time to read enough to locate threads with hard date. (eg flipped at x" stretched to x")

so, provided it is legit gg4, she usually double for most? its REAL happy in my soil, leaves are coming out of them so very quickly.

thanks duders

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
She probably doubles for me as well but I top her a bunch of times. She grows as wide as she does tall though, really bushes out.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
yeah ive been fimming and pinching and supercropping the crap out of it. yall continue to train her through stretch? i guess i should go ahead and cut the lights for 48 hrs and flip them.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I focus more on taking off the lower larf and sucker branches 2 or 3 times leading up to flip, during, and when it's done. I train accordingly by spreading them out as necessary to fill in canopy gaps. Please note that I have mine oriented vertically around a bare bulb 600 HPS.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
i havent pulled any lower branches yet, since its new to me im gonna play that by ear through stretch. i did break some more branches off my mom, on accident of course. im really embarrassed by how terribly i trained her. (meaning too much weight too quickly) ugh. if its not one thing its another.

i break branches, son!

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
In reference to da question....oh she flops!! :biglaugh: Gonna definitely have to support her. Not sure how far up you should put the trellis though. I'm more of a bamboo stakes kinda guy. :)

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
ok so i cut the lights for 48 hrs today, heres a pic from two days ago
picture.php

and tonight
picture.php

couple more shots from tonight, ill take more after 48 hrs of dark and then weekly to track her size, its always good to have a reference point...
picture.php

went ahead and put some stakes in to straighten the outside rows. that should guide them into the currently uninstalled trellis. im gonna stake the middle row too when i get more bamboo.
picture.php

the trellis frame will be raised 8" or so when i mount it to the bed. stay tuned...

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
man i havent used blumats in years... that is an idea though... hmmm. i bet i could dig them up from somewhere. remember how hard it was to get them when they first came out?

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
jj lowe - thank you sir

heady - i forgive you man. your just in time for the second act though, which promises to be better than the first. and a big part of that is the beds. i mean yeah, 7 year old recycled organic soil helps alot. but i cant say enough good stuff about the beds. the last run i did a 4x4 bed next to 16 5 gal buckets and the difference in performance was obvious. it does drink alot, but its just straight water and im happy to oblige. the beds are going no till this year, after i start cover cropping/living mulch. and pretty soon...

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, youre gonna see some serious shit
picture.php

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
frank - most everything i know about soil recipes i learned from you, p, and coot. soil is essentially phillthy modified. its been years since ive put ocean forest in anything, but i think it started out based on ffof in the first 5cuft batch. since then the only other pearlite has come from starter soil, which is usually peat, ewc, and pearlite. the beds is more lava rock than pearl. (looks like more pearl in it cause it floats yall)
amendments come straight from your nspb list pretty much. few adds and drops over time. theres a little bit of over 30 ingredients im guessing. im slowly getting away from animal products, no blood or bone added in awhile.
i have to make a new bed just like this one in a month or two and its gonna cost me over 500$ for ten yards worth of amendments. sure would be nice if there was a trusted pre made mix i could purchase from a friendly internet stranger. and do a side by side.
speaking of the bed, last night i noticed that one of the long 2x4s on the bottom has a crack and was bowed down from the weight of the freshly watered dirt. shit! so i slid some wood underneath it to prevent it from getting worse. gonna have to jack it up and scab onto it, maybe slide a 4x4" under the middle. always something in a new setup to keep you on your toes. man i have been breaking shit by putting too much weight on it though. breaking branches, breaking beds, bout to be breaking hearts in here...
lol. ok so the plants had 48 hrs dark and the first 12 hr day was thursday night, 1/5/17
i took some day 1 pics, the girls jumped 2-3" in the 48 hrs of dark. from 20-22" to 22-25"
ill upload them in a couple days and put them in with other boring week 1 progress

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I thought that was how you had started with soil. Was trying to remember.

Check the link in my sig now to see what became of all that while you were away. :joint:

Just be lazy about lazy and you'll find her eventually. Well, at least as soon as I do again. ;)

dank.Frank

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
frank i seen all that. seriously i know how it does, thats why i want to know where to get it off the shelf. but i already know that too i guess. you still considering taking it to market one day? i have a really good opportunity to run a new soil formula along my old gold. just wishful thinking on my part. a good opportunity for me to showcase my current recipe. plus i am really quite curious to see how a shiny new batch stacks up to the old gold.

so inviting the way you're messing with my reason
it's an exception but it's pleasing
tell me a lie and i will swear, i'll swear it's true

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More so than anything, I just wanted you to see how we had changed that base mix over the years in comparison to how the plants responded to it.

Knowing that you are now running a sort of hybrid mix combination of several different things, I figured looking at that post could give you some ideas on re-amending volumes, no so much that you needed it, per say.

I'm excited to see how your bed performs. It's a beauty.

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts