What's new

Freedom 35

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
its stretchin some, more than i expected for 10 - 11 days. it would be nice to have a plant with the size of the lui and the flavor of the og.

ill be sure to ping you when i crack em. i am excited. i have a lot of fun crosses

silver hawaiian

Veteran
nl, I was just refreshing myself on your thread.. One of the first couple pages, you mention that you'd used blumats in the past, but you'd moved back to hand-watering here..

The hand-watering seems to be working out, without question.. But is there a reason you got away from the blumats? Or, put another way, is there a reason you've not gotten back to them?

My experience with the blumats thus far has been nothing short of the BOMB. I'm getting what seem to be some of the best growth rates I ever have.. And to boot, I'm never at the mercy to HAVE to go water.. :)

Can't argue with whatever the heck you're doin', but just curious about the blumats - for me, they've really been a game-changer for the time I have to dedicate to the garden.. Heck, I think my wife even likes 'em, and she's barely got a clue as to what the heck they are. :)

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
silver, thanks for bringing up the blumats again. i ran them for one round, and had two floods. my fault im sure, but i just went back to hand watering next round because handwatering helped me to stay on top of the girls, and encourage me to use more teas. i also changed my pots and configuration, and i didnt want to run new line for the blumats, and then thats where i left it basically. when i was using them i had them on the hose adapter which was hooked up to a running pump. this didnt work too great. i need to try it again, and do the gravity thing. i was just worried about puncturing a hole in the side of my water barrel. in my mind that kinda defeats the peace of mind angle. i dunno. i need to get back in that thread maybe, see if it inspires me...

anyone have any input on blumats?

Last edited:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I have some input: Use 'em!

Funny you mention the flood thing.. Just this week, I'd been tinkering with 'em, trying to further dial a couple of 'em in.. Came down the next morning (while they're sleeping) and saw water running out from the closet (again - second time) :)

I've got a shutoff valve in the line right from the rez, so when I saw it was leaking, and didn't want to go barging in there with lights'a'blazin', so I just closed the valve.. Stops the bleeding, and then it's only a matter of time before I can get in there to clean up whatever mess. Honestly, it was a non-event.. Took about 5 minutes of cleanup time, no damage to the room or anyone else in there..

I don't use the pressure-reducer adapter deal.. I just go right from a five-gallon homer bucket into the main feed line.. That five-gallon homer bucket (sits atop a shelf about 4' high) is fed by a 20-gallon tote on the floor, .. As for the pump that fills the 5 gallon bucket from the 20-gallon tote, that's not running at all times.. So when I have a leak (which again, is only user error with the blumats), it's likely that I won't flood the entire twenty-something gallon contents of both rez's..

:joint: Did that make sense? Anyway. Short story long, I'm way sold on 'em. I feel your concerns, but I think I've found a way to make 'em non-issues for me.. :)

:good:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
yeah when i run them again im going to do a 5 gal head bucket fed by a 20 gal res or my main 45 gal, i think that will make a big difference.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
ok. sorry about the wait guys. ive been having a bitch of a time. heres the lui at about 4 weeks. (images unedited)

enjoy!

wide
picture.php

lui-13 pheno 1
picture.php

picture.php

lui-13 pheno 2
picture.php

picture.php

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
so, i dunno if ive ever mentioned how i shoot macros. i almost always handhold with an aperture of f9 and the on board flash. this makes for some clutch pictures as im usually shaking a little from leaning into the tent and holding the camera. usually what happens is i just peer into the dark viewfinder and try and time my body rocking back and forth, moving the depth of field. ill snap the shot at what is hopefully close enough to the right time, not knowing what ive really got until i upload it to the laptop. its tricky sometimes, i just wanted to point that out incase your all wondering why some of the macros are out of focus. the pics arent staged in front of a backdrop and a tripod.

heres the seedlings
i have no idea how old they are, if you want to know go back and read for yourself.

swt 4 ibl (respect SOTF) (oh yeah one of these has the sharpest double serration ive ever seen. pic soon)
picture.php

pakistani chitral kush (ace)
picture.php

galadriel x sour bubble (thanks marlo)
picture.php

church on the left, cheese on the right (greenhouse)
picture.php

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
Yeah bruh nameless!!!
IMPRESSIVE as usual...all lui 13 are out of control bro, veri nice!!
the new baby look'n good!!!

"the high quality live into FREEDOM 35"

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Dude, every time I see the wide-shot of the big tent, I'm just in awe of what you're rockin' out of there with three 600s.. :respect:

choptops

dang!, looks like almost identical to my grow. Also i am at week 5 day1 so we are almost even on time. Nice tops comin out!! Subscribed~

George Jetson

Things are looking great Nameless. I can't wait to see how the Sweet Tooth turns out. The pics are a great help for a newbie like me ... (oohhh ... so THAT'S what it's supposed to look like!)

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
heya george. im really excited about the sweet tooth as well. and the pck. im hoping for a nice specimen. a nice purple one. deep purple. mmmmm. smoke on the water. i should cross the two. purple grapefruity kush. yum.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
nameless, are you trying to say that jesus christ can't hit a curve ball?

Really excited to see how that PCK does ya. Saw a Querkle/PCK cross mentioned elsewhere, hopefully to hit the 'bay soon.. :D

:dance:

Latest posts

Latest posts