What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Free Energy Growing

queequeg152

Veteran
not all are fckt in the head..but plenty of stupid fcks and brainwashed..our goverment is it...controlled by lobbies and occupied by nato...
political parties are all the same ...no difference...

many peeps buildin opinions from pure propaganda from the different corners....

i check how many reactors we have...
btw you just need a RPG to make some serious super-gau...

http://www.atom-aktuell.de/energiewirtschaft/atomkraftwerke-in-deutschland.html
check the statistics lists beneath on fiki
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Kernreaktoren_in_Deutschland

and then switch the same wiki site to english .....its little different picture then...not complete but little...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
kilo top haze cost 6-6,50 k....but normaly for 'normal' peeps around 8000 euro...sellin it for 12000 small/small....up to 15 per g for idiots and to young people....

lol i must be retarded because i cant figure out how to switch either to english... even the wikipedia. lol ill try again tomorrow.

i know you guys still have reactors... but your government is commited to shutting them all down in like 5 years which is insane in a country commited to cutting carbon so agressivly.

fuck man i mean if any country can do nuclear saftly, id think it would be germany lol... plus you guys have so much heavy industry, siemans etc.

im not one of those morons either... the ones that claim germany is burning way more coal to offset the nuclear... because this is not really true. but you guys ARE going to start burning more natural gas to offset these plants, and thats emissions that could avoided.

germany is also insanely agressive with saving electricity through efficiency initiatives and this is great... to a point. but it no longer makes sense to chase energy efficiency once you have like r-40 walls, and r-60 ceilings and good windows because it starts taking 30+ years to pay off, and even longer to justify the co2 created building the insulation, glass, plastics etc.

at some point, you simply cannot get more efficient without falling into the energy hole paradox wherein you need more energy to make the "clean" materials and equipment, than this equipment will save you in the long term.

solar and wind are great to an extent... like 30-75% depending on the region and industry and seasonal conditions, but its always going to be cheaper and more efficient to handle baseload in a centralized fashion.

oh and an RPG could not even scratch a nuclear power plant... hell they cant even scratch most tanks and armored vehicles.
lol i know what story you are talking about though, the green wackos in france shooting at the super phoenix reactor right?

wasgedn

sry for late reply....
i know what story you are talking about though, the green wackos in france shooting at the super phoenix reactor right?
wtf they did that?didnt kno about lol...

im such a dumbfck...i did my military service and i kno really bazookas lol...panzerfaust 3 or dicke berta.....as you say an rpg isnt that strong..
i think i read that in article about savety of reactors and stuff but it was apparently an article of someone from that greenlooby ...

about insulate ...i talk about normal livinghouses and stuff...germans insulate as fck....big insulate industrie and HANDWERK..way too much...its just moneymaking but they think they save power...but these houses need more ventilation..often dmbfck peeps get mold and tell his landlord its his fault ...but you need to open window much more then...
old german houseconstruction standart from 1955 is the best and will be...
these new dammed walls can have 80 degree celcius on surface in summer...it get fct up soon...normaly it should last 50 years ...better 100...no shit...it talking about 1955 standart..not the house..this will be there forever lol..i mean the plastering on the mason wall..
sry my english....

germany is also insanely agressive with saving electricity through efficiency
yep..among others ...it comes from aggressive price rising for living...
when you not do smart or extra or evil you pretty fckt over here....noone normal human get a credit from bank for starting a company or something...it sounds almost utopic now that peeps had get their startcredit from a bank in the past..but its minimum a decade like this..rather 2.
today...150 euro you get just 1 trolley from discount ..its nothing...

minimum wage 8,84 euro per hour..30g tobacco cost 5 euro...
.....and this fckng tempwork which called in the old industrie slave times...but the young peeps are so dumb and brainwashed...
i have to be glad that i had my schooltime endet in the middle 1990s...
one reason i can talk to you lol...

Last edited:

wasgedn

but your government is commited to shutting them all down in like 5 years which is insane in a country commited to cutting carbon so agressivly.
they change it often...+/-

green or öko is big and mighty in g yes...but so strong...i dunno...
maybe this agenda comes from somewhere else and they want pressure , to rise more new tech and stuff..or even simple evil sell some other energy...

i think in nature protection tech we are pretty good and everybody kno that...france,skandinavia is also good but mostly the rest just fcks nature in europe..in italy the mafia have buried so much high toxic waste ...fck my english...so plain...damn..

btw i mostly dont like water energy on midlands , often water energie is meaning dead for the waters they processed...

this whole renewable energys thing and recycling is multimillon dollar bizz

my girlfriend told me trump is gonna raise carbon energy ??

ah what i forgotten...old kanzler schröder did a deal with putin in 2000er times...for natural gas...many houses have changed from oil to gas...maybe the half..dunno..but plenty

iceland have the best energy...im so jealous on this earth heat...almost everything in ice over there but always clean energy and heat....i bet they could sell it too , in big numbers , but no lobby or better the biggest against them......

Last edited:

wasgedn

lol i must be retarded because i cant figure out how to switch either to english... even the wikipedia. lol ill try again tomorrow
the joy of internet and computing lol...we all kno..hehe

queequeg152

Veteran
sry for late reply....
wtf they did that?didnt kno about lol...

yea they didnt do much damage, and i think the thing was still under construction. it did delay shit, but the delay was related to the police trying to figure out wtf was going on and who did it.

im such a dumbfck...i did my military service and i kno really bazookas lol...panzerfaust 3 or dicke berta.....as you say an rpg isnt that strong..
i think i read that in article about savety of reactors and stuff but it was apparently an article of someone from that greenlooby ...

yea i mean... its not like they are designed to withstand an RPG or anything, but most of the intrinsic safety systems... RCIC( reactor cooling isolation cooler) are all inside the reactor containment and are able to run without power. the containment structures are super thick to deal with radiation, and because the containment is so fucking thick...and because leaks from shrinkage cracks etc are unacceptable the rebar schedule is fucking insane.

about insulate ...i talk about normal livinghouses and stuff...germans insulate as fck....big insulate industrie and HANDWERK..way too much...its just moneymaking but they think they save power...but these houses need more ventilation..often dmbfck peeps get mold and tell his landlord its his fault ...but you need to open window much more then...
old german houseconstruction standart from 1955 is the best and will be...
these new dammed walls can have 80 degree celcius on surface in summer...it get fct up soon...normaly it should last 50 years ...better 100...no shit...it talking about 1955 standart..not the house..this will be there forever lol..i mean the plastering on the mason wall..
sry my english....

your english is fine.... WAY better than my non existant german skills.

i really do respect the germans for building these sorts of houses, because yea, it does take alot of labor and time and HUGE attention to detail... but i do see your point with these houses being difficult to live with.

most air tight houses will have whats called an "energy recovery ventilator" aka ERV. these units are basically tiny little blowers that draw air from the house via these tiny tiny uninsulated 2" plastic ducts that are like ENT conduit ( electric non metallic conduit.).

its super important that this ERV unit is running all the time, especially when you are cooking and when you have lots of occupancy... without the ERV, your air can accumulate dust and spores and bad shit like that... and because you are not running your AC system very much, this shit just hangs around in the air not getting filtered

wasgedn

mate i got to tell you...energy recovery ventilator isnt in the concept when they insulating living houses.....maybe only in complete new and really expensive new buildings but not in normal peeps houses...
you get heat ex changers for 200 bucks but the company's who does insultating wont tell you to get a few in set them up before insulating work is finished...so when peeps not ventilate often they get mold...just then they begin to think about , if any.....

without the ERV, your air can accumulate dust and spores and bad shit like that... and because you are not running your AC system very much, this shit just hangs around in the air not getting filtered
exactly but this insanly happens all the time in many new insulated living houses...many peeps here wont go into net and make themselfs smarter about a topic..they only hear heat cost savings...and when they get mold they call a fake antimold company who gots no glue from houseconstruction and stuff...
we have a upper flat...not insulated house but thick walls ..old renters didnt open windows (young dmfck peeps who apparently never open window but runin through flat naked (to much heater...adam und eva style)cooking without open window and such...
so before new renters went in i did spray with microbes against mold on wall ,partial in wall,did them in new gypsum/chalk plaster ,did them into paint...liquid and in powder form...dont want to imagine what would be if this house were insulated..
----------------------
we have these other houses...really rare and maybe not so cheap...with old clay and straw and or cow hairs in plaster technique or hempcrete etc....they have solar panels and water heating black-lines on roof,they reuse shower water for toilet,saving rainwater...can have bio-gas device and plenty of cool tech...they even make power for the grit when you not home and not using much power......
--------------------------------------
but these days im despairing...we got no rain anymore cause of trails and most dont get it......i got a spring and are down the valley near rivermouth so i will die at last but anyway...in march April no water in germany... no one would have ever believe that in the past...but most dont get it or dont want to kno......

Last edited:

queequeg152

Veteran
mate i got to tell you...energy recovery ventilator isnt in the concept when they insulating living houses.....maybe only in complete new and really expensive new buildings but not in normal peeps houses...
you get heat ex changers for 200 bucks but the company's who does insultating wont tell you to get a few in set them up before insulating work is finished...so when peeps not ventilate often they get mold...just then they begin to think about , if any.....

exactly but this insanly happens all the time in many new insulated living houses...many peeps here wont go into net and make themselfs smarter about a topic..they only hear heat cost savings...and when they get mold they call a fake antimold company who gots no glue from houseconstruction and stuff...
we have a upper flat...not insulated house but thick walls ..old renters didnt open windows (young dmfck peeps who apparently never open window but runin through flat naked (to much heater...adam und eva style)cooking without open window and such...
so before new renters went in i did spray with microbes against mold on wall ,partial in wall,did them in new gypsum/chalk plaster ,did them into paint...liquid and in powder form...dont want to imagine what would be if this house were insulated..
----------------------
we have these other houses...really rare and maybe not so cheap...with old clay and straw and or cow hairs in plaster technique or hempcrete etc....they have solar panels and water heating black-lines on roof,they reuse shower water for toilet,saving rainwater...can have bio-gas device and plenty of cool tech...they even make power for the grit when you not home and not using much power......
--------------------------------------
but these days im despairing...we got no rain anymore cause of trails and most dont get it......i got a spring and are down the valley near rivermouth so i will die at last but anyway...in march April no water in germany... no one would have ever believe that in the past...but most dont get it or dont want to kno......

yea it sounds like what you are talking about is related to the retrofitting of old structures?

it is VERY difficult to retrofit an old structure into an air tight super insulated structure... for this task (at least here in the USA), you really need to hire whats called a "building scientist", basically someone trained specifically in building envelope design and in managing moisture ingress and egress( moisture moving into the building and moving out of the building.).

for example... say you have an old stone wall building and you want to super insulate it... well the problem here is your foundation is coupled to the earth via a stacked stone wall that will actually draw moisture from the soil up into the wall... lol, so when you go and slap on a shit load of insulation onto this wall... it has no where to go but into the insulation, and into the drywall and into the living space IF YOU ARE LUCKY.

if you are unlucky, the moisture will never get a chance to migrate all the way into the living space, and it will instead get trapped behind some paint layer, or behind a vapor barrier plastic film...or even just get trapped behind an OSB(chip board sheets that replaced plywood). sheathing.

when moisture gets trapped you are fucked. shit will jsut grow mold and rot your framing.

its even worse if you have a plaster render over the exterior of your stone house( more common in the UK) ... in this case its even harder for this moisture to escape the walls, and evaporate to the exterior in addition to it behing hard to evaporate into the interior...

for old stone houses with old stone foundation walls, you really need to address this moisture issue first. In the UK they call this issue, "rising damp", but its basically just moisture moving up the walls.
to fix this issue you can inject epoxy, or siloxane based chemicals into the walls ever few feet, but the procedure is hit and miss, and some systems take days to weeks to work properly. there is alot of testing ( calcium chloride test) that needs to then be done to insure that enough mositure is blocked.

even with this injection work though, you can still get moisture into the walls from bad window installations and from bad stone grouting, cracks in grout, bad landscapping that causes pooling of water near the foundation, bad gutters on the roof allowing water to splatter onto walls and siding... bad foundation drainage etc.

like i said, it can be very very hard to successfully air seal and super insulate an old building. its much easier to do on a new building though.

building science, and just building envelope design is a huge deal now, and its only going to get more and more and more important as we build better and better sealed and insulated homes... but yea again, its even more important for the retrofit of older homes.

regarding the ERV units... honestly i cant believe that germans of all people would overlook installing these units properly?

perhaps i have a stereotypical view of germans as all being fastidious, detial oriented and well educated?? lol, even my 2nd generation german immigrant friends are super super anal about everything from fixing paint chips on cars to keeping their pc desktops super clean and tidy and organized lol...

here in the USA, ERV units are required by code on all houses having a certain level of air tightness... to determine how tight your house is, they do what is called a blower door test.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blower_door

once your house reaches, i think .8 exchanges per hour at 50 pa(as determined by the blower door test), you are required to install some sort of ventilation.

the sizing of the ventilation needs to be determined based on the square feet or cubic feet of the living space, and based on the average occupancy.

you can do the ventilation with or without the heat exchangers... IE with just a regular blower, but most folks tend to just get an ERV unit because they are only like 600 bucks for a small one... considering how much it costs to air seal and insulate to reach that level of air tightness in the first place... 600 bucks is a drop in the bucket.

are you saying they dont follow similar guidlines in germany? i have to say that makes me sad lol... i though we in the USA were shitty with respect to home improvements and home building in general( especially in the south where i live).

it makes me sad to hear that germany might have similar issues albeit to a lesser extent. =(

FFS u guys started the passivehaus initiative!

wasgedn

i had bustings around me some weeks ago and other stuff sry for non reply...i fckt up my first grow... .. ..damn...i had to hot soil and came on the idea to give water only and not water with a lot of microbes which was necessary for that hot soil...but anyway i am back in flower day 10 now...
i will read youre post soon...thx a lot for conversation...

btw ...new law came out a year after as in usa ...bb can scan youre pc now...just so

CrushnYuba

Wasup.. If my soil it's hot i flush with plain water. When soil gets hot its because microbes are breaking it down and it heats up composting. More microbes would just make it more hot because it speeds that up!

I have some pictures to share of my solar. I know there are other outdoor growers that are off grid on here! Id love to see what other people are doing. Later i will share some cheap and efficient stand alone off grid water pumping set ups.

This is the inverters, charge controler, mate, and ac and dc panels. Please excuse the mess! I took the covers off to fix a wiring issue
e92bb719d1.jpg

That's the generator, panels, and left of the genny are 2 fork lift batteries. Also some outdoor plants and auto depp that snuck into the shot.
0624170916.jpg

wasgedn

so last post first:
looks pretty accurate to me yuba..not to say great....from such big set ups i can only dream about...
in spain its able maybe but best is to move to States or Kannada when you really want to do your thing or get youre living in the cannaindustry-farming
wink.gif

but i keep looking in for that topic...
and yeah some action in this thread would be pretty cool....
but i guess you have to feed the monster with more pics to wake it up........
btw just for fun here is and outdor plant of mine , not as big as youres lol and they never will, one times i had one big plant, but better have more but smaller plants at this spot......
picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
When soil gets hot its because microbes are breaking it down and it heats up composting. More microbes would just make it more hot because it speeds that up!
true ...but on the other hand you can also give help and regulation to overfeedet plants with EM-a or ACT...i got the feeling the go down or go up cycles are nearly crossing...my last sentence makes no sense or , but i cant describe it better sry...

but i did made white glowing soil...thats past...i really learned over ic and my vegetable and cann growing how less nutes you need on living soil...
[/FONT]
well the problem here is your foundation is coupled to the earth via a stacked stone wall that will actually draw moisture from the soil up into the wall..
only at not proper fundamentals or not have giving better location cause groundwater is to high...one who got glue dont get this problems...the ones who build there houses on shitty place with shitty house building company's are not lucky...but in the past before 2000 there wasnt so much shit companys out there...thats newer problem.. ...no money ..bad tax...bla...no labor

in common rather a rare problem over here that humidity climbs up walls but sometimes yes, but not high up, only down at bottom and celler.. ...the base or socket is covered by cement plaster class3 which get hard without oxygenbla(under-water-cement-plaster and pretty massive and hard...on upper walls there is more emission able lime-cement plaster ..[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the stones the houses are build of are arteficial mineral stones with heavy emissions-ablity for water ...in past not today,the past was better, they took real stones only for celler fundaments which is not emissionable, today cellerfundament is out of concrete when done proper[/FONT])...only on socket and cellerarea some peeps have to renew paint often ,some not,cause salpeter nitrogensalt is coming through wall on to surface but thats not really a problem...moisture dont come upper then celler in most cases .....when its bad construction and place to build or even when taking cheap and not proper done tar paint isolation on fundament...its not an big step in house building here but when done bad you fckt yeah...
a solution at bad spots is to plant some climbing plant or so at the socket which takes moisture...but thats really rare problem...
believe me in our case it was : they just didnt open window never and having cooking air in there forever and high humidity in air and the walls are thick , so it stay long cold and then more condensation water at wall...
but yes if you insulate the problems will summed and many more new problems pop up.....
our location never would need isolation(like in many other places or most cases where they did nonetheless) but i got fear they gonne force people soon maybe...hope not ..

so im not finished reading your long post but i did need ages for writing my post here hehe...but its good practice..i realized i need another word for but in my english wordtreasure eheh...
i come back later...rain is coming ...i have to celebrate it like i am would living in the desert , now...

Last edited:

wasgedn

lol, so when you go and slap on a shit load of insulation onto this wall... it has no where to go but into the insulation, and into the drywall and into the living space IF YOU ARE LUCKY.

if you are unlucky, the moisture will never get a chance to migrate all the way into the living space, and it will instead get trapped behind some paint layer, or behind a vapor barrier plastic film...or even just get trapped behind an OSB(chip board sheets that replaced plywood). sheathing.

when moisture gets trapped you are fucked. shit will jsut grow mold and rot your framing.
you say it.....
-----------------------------------------

that passivhaus you mentioned was that sort of houses i was reffering to earlier....but i highly prefer natural damming....hempcrete is great it seems....
but back to normal living houses which get isolted over here....its most of the time a fraud cause they build in no ventilation system......crazy or...some specislist was saying that the surface of the wall which is isoltated with styrodur or st else gets 80 degrees celcius hot
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]or more [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]in summers ....the mineralclue plaster wont last long...there is also a big security issue with artificial isolation and fire...
.i guess with natural isolation this is better

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
for old stone houses with old stone foundation walls, you really need to address this moisture issue first. In the UK they call this issue, "rising damp", but its basically just moisture moving up the walls.
to fix this issue you can inject epoxy, or siloxane based chemicals into the walls
aha yep...but very expensive procedure over here....
[/FONT]
like i said, it can be very very hard to successfully air seal and super insulate an old building. its much easier to do on a new building though.
so true...

[/FONT]

Last edited:

wasgedn

regarding the ERV units... honestly i cant believe that germans of all people would overlook installing these units properly?
not at small citizens private houses...no small time people even can afford this test as well i guess...

the problem is the peeps who got no glue from facility's,housing,construction and so on, which do their living complete different areas : they just hear on that what the companys tell them, they kno they must save money,must save energy,they all tell them insulate...and air-ventilation companys are complete different space than isoltion companys...so isoltion company tell them customers nothing from air ventilation and stuff...they just want that contract done..i mean there also good companys out there but this happens quit often ...
but some peeps slowly wake up...its a big isoltion lobby and it was a big economy push too i guess for some time...and the government had put in money subvention for peeps

but i guess why this erv units are a bigger over there is cause wood framing houses cant stand humidity at all i guess or ?? and i guess wood framing house are more difficult to get sealed than a massive house ??massive houses flats are sealed instead of the little slit under entrance door...its all plasterd and windows are tight even without acryl or silicon...
and ventilation ec. for cooling was never a needed thing on older house without isolation...cause we got no really long ultra hot phases over here...
at my place here...the father of my girlfriend did good...at 30 celcius outside its nice and cold down at bottom flat when keeping windows closed at day.....
also our houses with peak roof are kind of like an chimney, humidity and some emission go of trough the tile roof sitting on timber joist and roof laths...
the thing is : a passive house approach is another than this additional isolation rip off no sense thing...
a passive house and double wastewater using with an biogas reactor is for 'rich 'people...
this other isolation game is a different game...a rip off game in many cases...
the old construction standart for massive houses from 1955 was the best for 1-6 family living houses..but this houses did need a year to dry before it could go on...
smart people build like this until today...
but
today its mostly instant houses from
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]composite material
https://www.fertighausscout.de/
i bet the half of this new instant houses have no ventilation...
but i kno : on old living houses they do not build in a ventilation
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]in addition when they isolate a house...[/FONT]

perhaps i have a stereotypical view of germans as all being fastidious, detial oriented and well educated?? lol, even my 2nd generation german immigrant friends are super super anal about everything from fixing paint chips on cars to keeping their pc desktops super clean and tidy and organized lol...
eheh....no you dont...sounds familiar...but it gets nastier and nastier over here...
education on low level income peeps is going down crazy...
the middlestand which was always a big economy standbein gets smaller and smaller...
i mean we have great education,great booming industrys and so on but there is also an other site...same as in all first world countries...the scissor between rich and poor gets more open and open..as you kno anyway...
edit...it was a long time all allright here but since late 2000 it goes more and more to GDR2...now they can force witnesses to talk...

[/FONT]

Last edited:

wasgedn

how much did you pay for the panels and stuff?10-15k?
it seem you have a lot of sun there ??
how much lights you runing?

Last edited:

CrushnYuba

I don't run much for lights. I'm greenhouse and outdoor mostly. I do minimal supplemental lighting usually. The most i run off battery and solar is 400w for mothers and clones. When i need more then that i run straight off the genny. It will kill your batteries trying to run killowatts of lighting. Solar for indoor growing just isn't there yet on the battery end of things.
For pumps i try to use dc positive displacement pumps as much as possible. They are super efficient compared to centrifugal.

I am not even sure what i paid. All in i have sunk more then 10-15k for sure. The house came with the system and i added to It. I actually lease my batteries but to buy them they would cost me over 10k by themselves. My gennies were allot. We get a load of sun in the summer but not in the winter. When the sun is shining I'm using it to grow plants, not trying to convert it into energy to artificially light plants. Most of the light added is just to prevent flowering using minimal 7w led bulbs.

queequeg152

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]not at small citizens private houses...no small time people even can afford this test as well i guess...

the problem is the peeps who got no glue from facility's,housing,construction and so on, which do their living complete different areas : they just hear on that what the companys tell them, they kno they must save money,must save energy,they all tell them insulate...and air-ventilation companys are complete different space than isoltion companys...so isoltion company tell them customers nothing from air ventilation and stuff...they just want that contract done..i mean there also good companys out there but this happens quit often ...
but some peeps slowly wake up...its a big isoltion lobby and it was a big economy push too i guess for some time...and the government had put in money subvention for peeps

but i guess why this erv units are a bigger over there is cause wood framing houses cant stand humidity at all i guess or ?? and i guess wood framing house are more difficult to get sealed than a massive house ??massive houses flats are sealed instead of the little slit under entrance door...its all plasterd and windows are tight even without acryl or silicon...
and ventilation ec. for cooling was never a needed thing on older house without isolation...cause we got no really long ultra hot phases over here...
at my place here...the father of my girlfriend did good...at 30 celcius outside its nice and cold down at bottom flat when keeping windows closed at day.....
also our houses with peak roof are kind of like an chimney, humidity and some emission go of trough the tile roof sitting on timber joist and roof laths...
the thing is : a passive house approach is another than this additional isolation rip off no sense thing...
a passive house and double wastewater using with an biogas reactor is for 'rich 'people...
this other isolation game is a different game...a rip off game in many cases...
the old construction standart for massive houses from 1955 was the best for 1-6 family living houses..but this houses did need a year to dry before it could go on...
smart people build like this until today...
but
today its mostly instant houses from
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]composite material
https://www.fertighausscout.de/
i bet the half of this new instant houses have no ventilation...
but i kno : on old living houses they do not build in a ventilation
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]in addition when they isolate a house...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]eheh....no you dont...sounds familiar...but it gets nastier and nastier over here...
education on low level income peeps is going down crazy...
the middlestand which was always a big economy standbein gets smaller and smaller...
i mean we have great education,great booming industrys and so on but there is also an other site...same as in all first world countries...the scissor between rich and poor gets more open and open..as you kno anyway...
edit...it was a long time all allright here but since late 2000 it goes more and more to GDR2...now they can force witnesses to talk...

[/FONT]

i definatly agree that true "passivehause" standards really are for rich folks... but what im seeing here in the states is middle income folks chasing the passivehause systems though with cheaper windows and MUCH cheaper doors...

a true passivehauss door here in the US costs literally 10 grand. there are only a few people building them and they are pretty much custom build deals with 4" foam slabs clad in furniture grade plywood that is then veneered with high end hardwoods or what ever you specify... canada makes some very good doors, but its a PITA to import them due to shipping and customs duties.

i do agree with you that its very very hard to justify something like a super insulated passivehaus. the additional cost takes something like 30 years to pay off and you are often times dealing with inexperianced contractors unfamiliar with the building techniques necessary. it really is for green enthusiast people.

in reality it often makes more sense to build a far lesser insulated structure, and simply slap like 8kw of solar panels onto the roof to offset the additional electricity you will be consuming to heat and cool... it sounds insane, but if you just look at super high end krypton gas insulated triple pane vinyl windows you will see why this is the case.
a simple well made generic double pane argon window can be as little as 600 bucks for a 60x60 horizontal slider.

a high end triple pane with krypton of the same size can easily hit 1200 bucks. multiply that by your average window count of like 18 windows... and you have the cost of like a dozen solar panels already.

regarding shitty contractors... i guess its just a universal thing. sucks, but the best thing you can do is know your shit before you hire someone.

wasgedn

. When the sun is shining I'm using it to grow plants, not trying to convert it into energy to artificially light plants. Most of the light added is just to prevent flowering using minimal 7w led bulbs.
i see...good farmer you are...

[/FONT]

wasgedn

i definatly agree that true "passivehause" standards really are for rich folks... but what im seeing here in the states is middle income folks chasing the passivehause systems though with cheaper windows and MUCH cheaper doors...

a true passivehauss door here in the US costs literally 10 grand. there are only a few people building them and they are pretty much custom build deals with 4" foam slabs clad in furniture grade plywood that is then veneered with high end hardwoods or what ever you specify... canada makes some very good doors, but its a PITA to import them due to shipping and customs duties.

i do agree with you that its very very hard to justify something like a super insulated passivehaus. the additional cost takes something like 30 years to pay off and you are often times dealing with inexperianced contractors unfamiliar with the building techniques necessary. it really is for green enthusiast people.

in reality it often makes more sense to build a far lesser insulated structure, and simply slap like 8kw of solar panels onto the roof to offset the additional electricity you will be consuming to heat and cool... it sounds insane, but if you just look at super high end krypton gas insulated triple pane vinyl windows you will see why this is the case.
a simple well made generic double pane argon window can be as little as 600 bucks for a 60x60 horizontal slider.

a high end triple pane with krypton of the same size can easily hit 1200 bucks. multiply that by your average window count of like 18 windows... and you have the cost of like a dozen solar panels already.

regarding shitty contractors... i guess its just a universal thing. sucks, but the best thing you can do is know your shit before you hire someone.
yep you say it...

the state of the art tech development as over paced the all-inclusive incomes of normal peeps long time ago..dunno if that sentence makes sense with my english...

[/FONT]