What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Foxtails

schmoddie

Hello Friends!

I am afraid I triggered foxtails at my Black Domina Lady (photoperiodic). This because of „too much light“.

79D4E199-CB99-4EA6-B90E-48B76C174BA3.jpeg 5BB7165C-6513-45B1-A448-87D5E01B908D.jpeg

Fortunately, maybe fortunately, I realized early enough and dimmed my lamp.

Now there’s my question:
Is there a possibility these foxtails will redevelop and buds will grow as usually if I take care from now on to not stress them due to too intensive lightning?

I don’t think it’s a genetic thing, I checked some pictures from other growers White Dominas —- and somehow their buds look different.🙈🤪

Greetings 🙋🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Cannabis does not hate light, despite what the internet will tell you. More photosynthesis requires more nutrition. If I grow 12/12 water only I get dense hard round bud. If I veg for a month I get squared out Dracula castle bud. The only difference is lack of nutrition in relation to photosynthesis.

schmoddie

Thank you for your answers my friends! Very calming for me! 👍

But I have to ask because I quit smoking more than ten years ago and before I almost solely Hash all the time. So I can‘t evaluate.

What about the things I read about foxtails lowering the amount of THC, terpenes, quality of buds over all?

Following your information these (maybe) negative effects are not such a big deal, is this true?

goingrey

Thank you for your answers my friends! Very calming for me! 👍

But I have to ask because I quit smoking more than ten years ago and before I almost solely Hash all the time. So I can‘t evaluate.

What about the things I read about foxtails lowering the amount of THC, terpenes, quality of buds over all?

Following your information these (maybe) negative effects are not such a big deal, is this true?
Foxtail bud structure doesn't cause any of those issues.

Stress (related to heat, light, fertilization...) can cause those issues, AND can cause foxtailing in strains that typically grow different shaped buds. So I guess that is where the confusion comes from.

Your buds look pretty typical. Foxtails look like this:

Rosco

I pushed some GMO clones past foxtail.

I got lots of "nanners" which I pushed some more.

The seeds were minimal, but every one has been female, several phenos, all good.

St. Phatty

Sometimes I wonder if Foxtail bud structure was one of the reasons for the mythical Thai stick product.

A bud with lots of wispy budlets of resiny Sativa.

Then wind them around a stick or something to get the Thai stick.

The wispy Foxtail bud structure can be PERFECT for rolling a joint. Just wrap an orange Zig Zag around it and it's Smoke-Ready.