What's new

Foxtailing and Black Cherry Punch

oldmaninbc

I recently acquired some Black Cherry Punch seeds and later read that higher temps could cause foxtailing.
I do have higher temps in my tent, perhaps as high as 28-30 C. Would this strain cause problems I might regret.?
Over the years and the different strains I can't say this was a concern in my 1m x1m tent with LED.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
I recently acquired some Black Cherry Punch seeds and later read that higher temps could cause foxtailing.
I do have higher temps in my tent, perhaps as high as 28-30 C. Would this strain cause problems I might regret.?
Over the years and the different strains I can't say this was a concern in my 1m x1m tent with LED.
Plants can take a few degrees more with LEDs, than they could with HPS. 30 degrees with HPS was pushing it a little. Many people I know grow indoors in the summer with LEDs, and plants are thriving in 33-34º temps. Foxtailing is more likely to happen with sativas, which doesn't seem to be the case judging by the name of the strain. If you can drop the temperature a little by the end of the flowering cycle (last 2-3 weeks), bud quality will improve, as terpenes volatilize with heat, some more than others. If anything I would pay attention more to terpene loss, rather than foxtailing.