What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fox farm Open Sessami

Mrpiston38

well as you can see by my fert line up I have all aspects of growth covered I just have two Q's. Has anyone used FF Open sessami? How well does it work? any tips would be helpful.

Mr.P

Haha, I have the same sample baggies you got, except I have a few dozen of each :) I've been using that and beastie blooms for a while now and I haven't seen any huge results, but then again I've been using it 1/2 strength cause I've heard this stuff can burn very easily. It's designed to start the flowering phase earlier kinda like Bushmaster does. IMHO I would just stick with something that more people use and know about (and actually works better for me) like Bushmater or that Dr.Node stuff.

-rob

I use it, but do not follow their guide. Do you have TB, GB and BB as well?
Here is what I do. First off I read the guide as if I'm flowering 9 weeks which is what I do no matter what. Do not give them OS the last week of veg, just keep up normal veg nute regime. First week of flower, stick with veg routine, but add 1 tbl of BB and 1\2 tsp of TB. Second week, 1 tsp of GB (dropped from 2 or 3), OS 1\4 tsp, 1 tsp TB and 1 tbl of bb. Third week , OS 1\4 tsp, 1 tsp TB and 1 tbl of bb. Then follow guide from their.... Be careful with TB and the amount you use if you use OS, CC and BB. Some strains will do fine with 2 or 3 tsp of TB, some will not. Start small, and work your way up. Do not give them anymore the 1\4 tsp of any of the bloom boosters from FF, unless you are growing huge bushes. It will stunt growth if not done properly.
Peace.
P.S. Remember that this is strain dependent and I use FF dirt as well, so you will have to experiment with what you have. PH is 6.5 right now
P.S.PS. I have found this is not like bushmasters . I have used BM as well and that shit can be lethal to a plant if not timed or given the right amount.
But if used right, it works.

Last edited:

romdog11

i used to use the fox farm line and i was pretty happy with the results. i am a nooob so i made a lot of initial mistakes. when i used open sesame i accidently burnt my plants with a ph problem. since then i have been scared to try it again. right now im using cns 17 bloom and big bud and overdrive. i really like the results so far.

I use Open Sesame, Beatstie Blooms and Cha Ching, but only about 1/4 tsp. at a time, pretty much what the FF schedule says, and only every other watering.