What's new

Fox Farm Big Bloom or Tiger Bloom?

If you had to pick between the two which would you use?
Ive never used Fox Farm before and can only afford to get one of those at the moment.
Thanks for the help

Peace

chimei

You really should use both but could get by with just tiger bloom.

Big Bloom is just not enough to sustain a plant through flowering. (not enough N) - Most find when ONLY using big bloom leaves will start using the N out of the leaves by like 25 - 30 days.

Tiger Bloom by itself should be fine, just the plants won't get the benefits that big bloom brings to the soil and supposed taste/aroma to the bud.

Eli Bloom

well you use them together usually...but if your plants are still in veg you're gonna need big bloom now, and you'll use it through flower too...it's really good guano and earthworm castings, but i don't know that you'd be able to see healthy plants all the way from start to finish with just one or the other...the grow is good too, i even use it a little during flower. i'd say you'd be better off buying a cheaper line of nutes and getting the full set...do you have any other nutes at the moment? how far along are your plants?

greenhead

Veteran
Eli Bloom said:
i'd say you'd be better off buying a cheaper line of nutes and getting the full set...

I don't think that Fox Farms is that expensive. Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom & Grow big can all be had for under 15 bucks a piece. So, the whole basic set can be had for under 50 bucks.

:joint: :wave:

greenhead

Veteran
Oh, and to answer the question in the first post. If you had to choose between the two, and only those two, and you are flowering, and you can only get one of them, then the answer is very, very obvious, get the Tiger Bloom. Just make sure that you have some PH up in addition to that.

G

I use fox farm products almost exclusively,even their expensive ass perlite at over 30 bucks a bag,but I draw the line at liquified worm poop in a bottle.Trust me you don't need big bloom with tiger bloom and they arent meant to be used with each other,I dont know where that came from unless you buy packaging gimmicks.Tiger bloom is great and will drop your waters PH like greenhead said,big bloom is overpriced unnecessary liquified wormcrap.Get some 1-0-0 worm castings to use in your veg mix instead.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
2 cents...

2 cents...

Both grow big and tiger bloom have a low ph ta keep em stable,so adding big bloom with a neutral ph helps balance them out.Big bloom will allow the plant to take in more of each too.Big bloom will also help break loose the salts that get bound up in soil, plus, it adds micro bacteria and feeds the micros that are already there.That will inturn, make the whole "Rube Goldberg" thing work even faster.hehehe... Good luck with yer plants! Take care...BC

Last edited:

chimei

I always use Big Bloom with Tiger Bloom. BC's post is not the only one I have read that inidicates that Big Bloom helps loosen the salts that build up do to Tiger Bloom (and I would assume Grow Big) Both Tiger bloom and grow big seem to leave salt residue behind you will notice on measuring spoons.

I feed only Big Bloom and molasses the last 2 weeks of flowering also.

And every Fox Farm feeding chart that I have seen includes Big Bloom in it, so I would assume they were meant to be used together.

And as for it being just earth worm castings, I don't think so. I don't have the bottle here in front of me, but I thought it had more to it.. Like Bat Guano also..

ripOG

blockheader said:
I use fox farm products almost exclusively,even their expensive ass perlite at over 30 bucks a bag,but I draw the line at liquified worm poop in a bottle.Trust me you don't need big bloom with tiger bloom and they arent meant to be used with each other,I dont know where that came from unless you buy packaging gimmicks.Tiger bloom is great and will drop your waters PH like greenhead said,big bloom is overpriced unnecessary liquified wormcrap.Get some 1-0-0 worm castings to use in your veg mix instead.

Actually they are meant to be used together :smile:

I think the problem here is that they used the word "bloom" in the name. They shouldn't have. There is nothing about Big Bloom that makes it specific for flowering. In fact, FF recommends decreasing the dosage when you switch from veg to flower.

FF has three liquid ferts: Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom. Grow Big is for veg and Tiger is for flower. Big Bloom has very little nutrients in it! It is meant to be used in conjunction with other nutrients and contains mostly enzymes, microbes, and food for microbes. It keeps the soil alive and healthy. It feeds the things that feed your plant. So yes, they are meant to be used together and I would only use Big Bloom alone in the first few weeks when the nutes in the soil are enough to sustain the plant.

Hope this helps.

ripOG

Oh, but yeah...you could certainly do without Big Bloom and if you have to buy 1, get the Tiger.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Welcome to....the machine!

Welcome to....the machine!

If yer usin foxfarm soil that big bloom will continue ta break it down all the way through yer grow.Even tho the N-P-K rates are low the plant will still blow up by feeding on whats already in the soil,once it's broken down by the microherd.The organics machine in action! Take care...BC

G

Hey!! :)

I would use TigerBloom over BigBloom.

And I would save ur money and get some BeastieBloom(Fox Farm product too) as well for late flowering as BBloom has NO nitrogen in it. Beastie Bloom is spendy but a little goes a LONG LONG way.

I used TigerBloom and BeastieBloom for this Mr Nice SSH i just harvested last week. I fed nearly every watering with these two, BUT I never let PPM get over 750PPM and that only once. Mostly I kept PPM to 300-500PPM.

TigerBloom is potent stuff, as is BeastieBloom. You need to check PPM on these two IMO...or it's easy to burn the plants.

pedro

SSH at day 93 of flower(harvested)

My Skunk Haze got the same thing. She went 95 days in flower(harvested)

Last edited:

greenhead

Veteran
YwouldntI said:
i use both my self and you save like 20 bucks if you buy the big jugs;)

Unless somebody is a small time grower like me, where a tiny bottle will last more than 1 year and cover multiple grows. And what about the beastie bloomz which I recently bought, that stuff ought to last me 10 years, lol. Good thing that's it's a powder, so I don't have to worry about it going bad I think.