What's new

Fourth California Marijuana Legalization Initiative Filed

jayjayfrank

Veteran
CCHI

CCHI

Thank U all good people out there who have supported our campaign , the California Cannabis Hemp Initiative (CCHI) 2014!
It doesn't look like we will make the ballot by Feb 15, 2014!
We are asking for everyone to please send your petitions in or get them to your local coordinator, if there is one.
We are NOW calling the petition IN- meaning we have LOW confidence we will make the ballot! We are turning the petitions in Feb 24, 2014! Please send every signature in!
We will begin the signature drive again March 16, 2014 IF we have raised $800,000 !
We appreciate ALL the energy and volunteer effort our activists have done for this cause.
We have pushed the boundaries on what total and complete Cannabis freedom is to look like ! We have made ideal legalization look mainstream as now 56% of Californians support us!
We NOW have to concentrate on getting the signatures in and organizing a statewide turn in Feb 24, 2014.
We won't give up! We have a grassroots network of almost 1,500 strong across California!
We need to flex our strength now, and raise $800,000 for our second chance for the Nov 2014 ballot (actually 3rd for us)!
- CCHI Facebook

redlaser

Veteran
might i add that anything connected to ACLU and MPA is not in your best interest.

washingtons lump-o-shit "legalization" was furthered by ACLU, and threw mmj patients under the bus.

look behind the veil.

...and best wishes!

trichrider- I have to ask about MPA. Is it really supposed to be MPP, because information on MPA seems off. Not trying to be a smart ass, trying to learn something new

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
I'm pretty happy with 215 the way it is script for up to 99.... no outdoor ban/no space regulations here in LA co.... "control,regulate,Tax" not a big fan of any of those 3

I'm back on this now that cchi isn't happening again until later I will not be voting for MCLR Marijuana control legalization revenue act guess they couldn't call it the control legalization taxation act. I'll try and do some groundwork for cchi .....people at the farm are trying to talk up MCLR now that cchi didn't work out they want legalization so bad I feel that but you can't just take anything that comes along. Patience is needed even if its 2016 not like what we have now is so bad.

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
California Marijuana Legalization Initiative Approved for Signature Gathering for 2014 Ballot
By Thomas H. Clarke | The Daily Chronic February 4, 2014
Decrease Font SizeIncrease Font SizeText SizePrint This Page Send by Email
SACRAMENTO, CA – The California Attorney General has approved the Marijuana Control, Legalization and Revenue Act (MCLR) for signature gathering for the 2014 election.

The proposal, if it makes the ballot and is approved by voters, would legalize adult cultivation of 12 marijuana plants with six flowering per residence and allow possession of all the marijuana produced by those plants.

Hemp would also be legalized, non-violent pot prisoners’ cases would be reviewed for release and expungement, and commercial regulations would be promulgated.

Fiscal analysis of the measure by California Attorney General Kamala Harris found that by passing the MCLR, the state will “reduce costs potentially exceeding $100 million annually to state and local governments related to enforcing certain marijuana-related offenses, handling the related criminal cases in the court system, and incarcerating and supervising certain marijuana offenders.”

The analysis also states that potential net additional tax revenues of a few hundred million dollars annually related to the production and sale of marijuana could be realized.

For over a year Americans for Policy Reform, the group behind MCLR, has been working with thousands of Californians on a grassroots, “open source” document to legalize Marijuana for medical, industrial and adult social use. Through its open, inclusive process, MCLR has the support of dozens of attorneys and thousands of marijuana activists.

With a comprehensive structure based on the needs of the California community, and the US Department of Justice guidelines, the MCLR Act of 2014 provides equally for supporters of marijuana and those who are still concerned about the effects of legalization.

Americans for Policy Reform says it already has $500,000 in funding to collect over half a million signatures by June 30, but they say they may need up to $2 million more to make marijuana legalization in California a reality this year.

“We are calling on all marijuana users& supporters to help make 2014 happen,” said proponent Dave Hodges.

California rejected legalization in 2010 under Prop 19, but today polls show 52% support among Californians for legalization, a figure that rises to 60% among likely voters.

Latest posts

Latest posts