What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Four Strains, First Time DWC Grow

negative37dBA

Veteran
They are looking pretty well there buddy. How far along are you? 2 weeks or so? Yes those 2 in the back looking a bit N low but you got a decent bud set going on. I have just hit week 5 with mine. Keep rocking it there. good work. Moving water bottles is a pain in the ass eh?? lol.
Peace, negative.

EarlyHour

Well, unfortunate news today! The Maui Waui (back right plant) got inspected today and it hermed out on me pretty good. It was the most stressed of the group. After sitting with her for awhile I knew what I had to do!

IMG_1883.jpeg
IMG_1884.jpeg

RIP

negative37dBA

Veteran
Oh shite...pouring one out for the Maui. She couldn't handle the stress....what a bitch! What kind of temps are you seeing for the water? Not familiar with Maui's feeding needs but she looks very purple. You are running them very dense and have a lot of extra vegetation down low that I personally would remove. Really help out airflow and improve the tops a bit. What kind of PPFD levels are you at?
Hope the other 3 hang in there. I am wondering how you have it set because it looked as though you should get even distribution...one of the pipes clogged with roots??
Have a good 1. Peace, negative.

EarlyHour

The purple petioles are a genetic thing mostly on the back couple strains, had them when they were healthy too! But it was hungry for sure, that’s a fact lol. The issue was mainly that the 1/2” tubing I was using to pump water into the buckets was not letting water through evenly. So I switched to 1/4” dripper tubes coming from the 1/2” and that helped to fix the circulation. Basically the back two buckets didn’t have water pumping to them so there was just stagnant water and the pH wasn’t being adjusted with the rest. The problem is fixed now but too late for the MW unfortunately! Luckily no clogged tubes so far!

My water temps are running at about 70 degrees or so! Not perfect but better now that the reservoir sits out of the tent. I rotate icy water bottles to help out.

Also, as far as pruning, it’s hard to see from this pic because of the unhealthy way the plant was growing, it didn’t spread as much so it’s harder to see the stuff I took out. I cleaned up the back left plant this morning, got the larf out from the bottom third and took some leaves. I like to do a light defoliation just for a bit of stress, but I actually have really good airflow and (knock on wood) never had any mold or mildew issues. I’ve worked as a cultivator on a few commercial farms so I’ve been tasked with a few different styles of lollipopping and defoliation and I’ve landed on a bit of a lighter touch for my own personal grows. Just because I’m lazy and haven’t noticed a big improvement lol. Lots of ways to skin a cat!

PPFD is at 1100 right now at the highest part of the canopy! Once I’m sure they’re done stretching I’ll probably drop the distance and try to get closer to 1200-1300!

The other three are looking pretty good so far, especially the Crepes! I’m hoping I can just glide them in for a landing lol

negative37dBA

Veteran
Wow...1/4" tubes are going to REALLY restrict flow. You want about 8 to 10...I like a bit more, water exchanges per hour...are you getting that with 1/4" tubing?? Be nice to see those rez temps at a steady 65 but hopefully 70 will get you through.
I get it about the purple being genetic....GG4 is that way every time.
Peace, negative.

EarlyHour

Wow...1/4" tubes are going to REALLY restrict flow. You want about 8 to 10...I like a bit more, water exchanges per hour...are you getting that with 1/4" tubing?? Be nice to see those rez temps at a steady 65 but hopefully 70 will get you through.
I get it about the purple being genetic....GG4 is that way every time.
Peace, negative.
I think I might not be explaining well, but the water flow has actually improved. The half inch tubing was allowing all of the water to pump from the reservoir only into 2 buckets, because there was less resistance going to those buckets. Now instead of going through a bunch of elbows, the water is pumping through the half inch tube to the 1/4” inch spraying into the buckets. Not sure what the water exchanges per hour I’m getting are but truthfully for what it is, I’m pretty happy with my setup! I’m a lot more into DIY and tinkering than I am into perfecting and streamlining and all that. And, being a cannabis worker, I’ll never ever be able to afford “proper” equipment lol. I’ve gotten this far on budget deals and diy builds, gotta do whatcha gotta do lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts